UncleBeer

Gallup: Two in Three Americans Disapprove of Obama on Immigration

173 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lets say for a minute we put in dense landmines and have perfect check points and not only have a 1000 foot wall but one that goes 100 feet into the ground so no tunnels are possible.. We have a perfectly impenetrable border.

Now lets put ourselves in the smugglers shoes.. Making good money smuggling in and out people, drugs, guns, etc.. You pull out a map.. If it were me I would notice a few thousand miles of shoreline and look over to my friend and say "Lets buy some boats" or maybe they will learn to make perfect forged documents for airplanes and the checkpoints, or they will find a way into Canada and come down through that 2000+ mile mostly unguarded border... Or they will sneak them in on cargo ships.. In an average year almost 10,000 train sized crates fall off of super cargo ships in high waves and sink into the ocean - they are not tracked that well.

That's with ten seconds of thinking.. The smugglers are much smarter at it than you or I - Heck they still get people successfully sneaking in live monkeys through the airports..

Awesome parody !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Lets say for a minute we put in dense landmines and have perfect check points and not only have a 1000 foot wall but one that goes 100 feet into the ground so no tunnels are possible.. We have a perfectly impenetrable border.

Now lets put ourselves in the smugglers shoes.. Making good money smuggling in and out people, drugs, guns, etc.. You pull out a map.. If it were me I would notice a few thousand miles of shoreline and look over to my friend and say "Lets buy some boats" or maybe they will learn to make perfect forged documents for airplanes and the checkpoints, or they will find a way into Canada and come down through that 2000+ mile mostly unguarded border... Or they will sneak them in on cargo ships.. In an average year almost 10,000 train sized crates fall off of super cargo ships in high waves and sink into the ocean - they are not tracked that well.

That's with ten seconds of thinking.. The smugglers are much smarter at it than you or I - Heck they still get people successfully sneaking in live monkeys through the airports..

I agree that completely stopping the flow is impossible, just as it is impossible to entirely stop illegal drugs from being smuggled in to the U.S. However, when the government institutes a policy (DACA) that actually rewards children for coming here illegally, of course it's going to increase the flow of underage illegal immigrants. It seems the current administration is more concerned about expanding their current voting base as well expanding that voting base, than they're concerned about these kids. Who cares if some of them are abused physically and sexually in the process. All that matters is expanding the Democrat voter base. Pretty sickening actually.

I don't see how anyone can defend Obama on this one, although I'm sure they'll try. Ol Duncan is doing is his best with the his usual double talk and word twisting. Not really surprising though.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I agree that completely stopping the flow is impossible, just as it is impossible to entirely stop illegal drugs from being smuggled in to the U.S. However, when the government institutes a policy (DACA) that actually rewards children for coming here illegally, of course it's going to increase the flow of underage illegal immigrants. It seems the current administration is more concerned about expanding their current voting base as well expanding that voting base, than they're concerned about these kids. Who cares if some of them are abused physically and sexually in the process. All that matters is expanding the Democrat voter base. Pretty sickening actually.

I don't see how anyone can defend Obama on this one, although I'm sure they'll try. Ol Duncan is doing is his best with the his usual double talk and word twisting. Not really surprising though.

I still think if it was almost impossible for them to find work here, or get aid excpet in the event of a life threatening emergency, the flow would almost stop

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Feel free to explain what you disagree with.

Surely the question should be why has no President in recent memory made a concerted effort to tackle illegal immigration in a lasting way?. I'd have thought the answer to that was obvious - but hey ho. Apparently not, eh?

Obama isn't doing it. Don't expect the next President to do it either.

Maybe immigration isn't as big a topic as everyone thinks.

If it were, wouldn't it be central to the policy platforms of Presidential Candidates?

Noone wants to touch that issue with a 100 foot pole.

If it's such an important issue to Americans - why aren't the major parties doing anything about it?

I don't disagree with the comments about enforcing existing laws.

On the other hand, building hundreds of miles of fencing? Not so much.

Illegal immigration needs to be addressed, however the reality is that none of the major parties seem to have any appetite for it.

Have the American people "had enough"? Apparently not.

Timeline

I still think if it was almost impossible for them to find work here, or get aid excpet in the event of a life threatening emergency, the flow would almost stop

I agree that 6 months ago, that would be a good discussion to have. However, that all was thrown out the window in favor of this DACA thing. It's one thing to discuss how to solve a current problem. It's an entirely different thing to actively and intentionally create conditions to make the problem worse, which is exaclty what the Obama Administration has done. Without involving congress BTW. That's the cherry on top.

For someone who graduated from Harvard Law, the current president seems bothered by silly things like laws.

Am I factually wrong in what I said?

I think your comment has less to do with what I said than with who said it.

Prove me wrong.

I'm not going down that black hole circle jerk with you.

Timeline

Lacking the courage of your convictions more like.

If you can't refute what I said then the obvious conclusion is that you don't agree with it just because I said it.

If that works for you, great.

Timeline

Just put him on 'ignore' and enjoy. Worked wonders for me. :thumbs:

I like to see all sides of the argument, no matter how delusional they may be.

Just put him on 'ignore' and enjoy. Worked wonders for me. :thumbs:

Me three