UncleBeer

Gallup: Two in Three Americans Disapprove of Obama on Immigration

173 posts in this topic

I agree and I am not using it to justify Obama. I am just pointing out that this is the only defense these people have in defense of the terrible job Obama is doing.

Ok Bush sucked. Got ya. He ain't President anymore so what does that have to do with it.

Obama ran on change ,transparency . open Gov't, restoring the dignity of the Executive office and . Specifically said he would restore the constitution and not use signing statements and executive orders, like Bush did .

Guess what. He saw Bush and doubled down. He has done every bad thing Bush did, but has done it to the 10th power. However oddly enough.. It's ok now

I disagree... Obama's entire administration is based on lies... promises he made that he either did not keep, or directly defied. For the record, I think pretty much all politicians will say whatever it takes to get elected. Obama included. His campaign of "change" for America hasn't exactly resulted in change, except the part where he tries to induce sympathy for islam, something no previous president did much of.

It's started. We're going to bed now since we have to get up at 0215 to eat and drink before sunrise. Peace be with you.

and with you friend. Good luck . 0215 ? I mean the sun does not come up until 5: or 6ish

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You say that, but then your government blows the sh!t out of sovereign countries in the name of freedom...

Are the issues only real when they take place on your doorstep?

How about we stay on topic.. I can answer any argument in any thread by deflecting to another issue, it's cheap.

I've given you three detailed responses in this thread and you've returned one line questions.. If you disagree at least refute what is said with some of your own thought. I am done answering one liner trolls.

I will address it. We need to **** ***** *** ***** ******* ******* as ***** **** the ***** ******** border

Welcome back #### head :thumbs: We've missed you.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm against both parties stance on immigration. Why hasn't E-Verify been made mandatory? I don't see either side pushing for that. Why no crackdown on American business owners who knowingly employ illegal immigrants? Oh, that's right, who would do that work that American's don't want to do? Gee, how about if those who are able bodied and collecting unemployment or Welfare benefits had to do something in order to receive those benefits. Don't feel like picking lettuce? Then get another job, one more suited to your liking. Better yet, take a few classes.

And instead of amnesty, how about fixing the system for those of us who followed the process legally? Why no talk about that? There are several here who like to rant about undocumented Democrats, but I don't see the Republicans pushing for the examples I have given either.

I basically agree with all of your points. But I would say that not all Republicans care about the cheap labor thing. Some short sighted ones do - those that own big businesses and corporations. But the rest - the vast majority - no.

You tell me to not personalize a response to you, and then you turn around a personalize a response to me in the same post. Awesome!!! (L)

Karee, I get it that you engage in discourse with anyone, and usually on a level playing field. I respect you for that. But realize this (free advice from an old man)... some people like arguing just for the sake of hearing their own voices (or seeing their own text). Not necessarily because they have anything of value to add.

*sigh*

I don't know why I am drawn (like a moth to a flame) to this forum. I REALLY have more important things to be doing. But there are some pretty kool folks here, in spite of the... can't think of a family-friendly name for... well, NVM.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/subjects/veterans/

I know you hate him.

Edit: You think he was worse than GWB? Really?

Remember the pics of Obama disrespecting the nation/flag by not putting his hand over his heart, and looking away, bored, while the national anthem played? That ruined it for me. Coming from a long line of military folks in the family, and being taught to respect our traditions, I have a problem with this. And ** anyone who says I am racist, for that is not the reason that I wish we had a different president. His disdain and obvious contempt for America is appalling.

I basically agree with all of your points. But I would say that not all Republicans care about the cheap labor thing. Some short sighted ones do - those that own big businesses and corporations. But the rest - the vast majority - no.

No doubt It isn't all no matter what the statement is about either party. Neither is really trying to do anything about the immigration mess regardless of their reasons. There are no excuses for not making E-Verify mandatory. No reasons for not following up on the mismatched social security numbers. Why do people already working at a company for a few years with a false SS# get a pass?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Thus far I have spent at least $xx,xxx and labored for six months on our visa paperwork.

Sorry, and no disrespect, but this is not accurate unless your fiance has done illegal stuff and you are paying bribes, or she has 5 kids.

My wife is here, and has done everything just short of citizenship, and it's more like $5K, including airfare.

Filed: Timeline

Leading Congressional democrats continue to threaten 'executive action' by the preznit.

The Obama administration is "not bluffing" in its intent to take executive action on immigration policy if House Republicans don’t act soon, top Democratic leaders warned Thursday… f the Republicans don’t act in July, the Democrats say, unilateral changes by Obama are inevitable.

"We’re at the end of the line," Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) said Thursday during a press briefing in the Capitol. "We’re not bluffing by setting a legislative deadline for them to act. "Their first job is to govern," Menendez added, "and in the absence of governing, then you see executive actions."

Sen. ####### Durbin (D-Ill.) piled on… "I don’t know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration."

Sorry: "...borrow the power..."? More insane brinksmanship from the preznit. Please show me the "borrow the power" clause in the Constitution?

Sorry, and no disrespect, but this is not accurate unless your fiance has done illegal stuff and you are paying bribes, or she has 5 kids.

My wife is here, and has done everything just short of citizenship, and it's more like $5K, including airfare.

It's 3:30 I get up to go to the bathroom and have to check VJ... Man I got a monkey on my back

The are have pinaypoloza 14 at my house today. We have a whole roasted lechon, lots of fish, fruit salad, lumpia, crab , Karoake machine primed and ready, disco ball hung LOL How far are you from macon LOL ?

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, and no disrespect, but this is not accurate unless your fiance has done illegal stuff, you are paying bribes, or she has 5 kids

Brilliant analysis of my situation. But more importantly your last paragraph illustrates the logic of your argument:

#1: your opening line: "Sorry...No Disrespect" .....a good start Bravo !

Next the disconnect...

#2: My fiancé has done illegal suff

#3: "You are paying bribes"

#5: She has 5 kids

Well, I'm speechless, keep up the detective work,

Don't call me, I'll call you, Rob187 :no:

Brilliant analysis of my situation. But more importantly your last paragraph illustrates the logic of your argument:

#1: your opening line: "Sorry...No Disrespect" .....a good start Bravo !

Next the disconnect...

#2: My fiancé has done illegal suff

#3: "You are paying bribes"

#5: She has 5 kids

Well, I'm speechless, keep up the detective work,

Don't call me, I'll call you, Rob187 :no:

you up too late, but just curious... Why did you spend so much. I mean if you count everything I spent which included a new house well xxx,xxx.xx

and with you friend. Good luck . 0215 ? I mean the sun does not come up until 5: or 6ish

Yep, but we have to eat before sunrise, which is 0355. At ihop right now.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yep, but we have to eat before sunrise, which is 0355. At ihop right now.

sunrise is at 3:55 Where . Ihop is cool but I find it a little pricey for what you get. Waffle house rocks