rajvinder kaur

Is 20yrs age difference is problem for spouse visa

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello vj friends, I am afraid because we have a 20 yrs diff between me and my spouse. Is age difference is big problem. This is our second marriage. I was widow for last 6yrs and my husband had divorced for last one year when we were married. I have also a one child from my previous marriage who will also imigrate with me. Proof of rekationships: No enough but we have joint bank account, Husband name on my passport, lot of money recipts. We know each other one year ago before marriage on phone. we met first time jan 01,2013 and we get married on jan 27,2013.He lived in india with me as same address. We talk with each other two time on phone. But i have a cash card so no billing proof. We have photos of marriage together. Also some photos after marriage. My husband is 20yrs elder than me. This is my story. So what u think friends. I am waiting for case complete. Oh yes some times we write a letter for each other. enough proof? Thank you.

raj

Hello vj friends, I am afraid because we have a 20 yrs diff between me and my spouse. Is age difference is big problem. This is our second marriage. I was widow for last 6yrs and my husband had divorced for last one year when we were married. I have also a one child from my previous marriage who will also imigrate with me. Proof of rekationships: No enough but we have joint bank account, Husband name on my passport, lot of money recipts. We know each other one year ago before marriage on phone. we met first time jan 01,2013 and we get married on jan 27,2013.He lived in india with me as same address. We talk with each other two time on phone. But i have a cash card so no billing proof. We have photos of marriage together. Also some photos after marriage. My husband is 20yrs elder than me. This is my story. So what u think friends. I am waiting for case complete. Oh yes some times we write a letter for each other. enough proof? Thank you.

You say you knew each other for one year before getting married but the dates indicate two weeks, so I will assume you met January 2013 and got married January 2014. That makes your case stronger than if you met January 2013 and got married in 2013 IMHO. With a 20 year age difference, expect to show the IO more in the way of bona fide marriage evidence. The IO may have it in their mind that you are a young Indian woman trying to come to the US and you found a lonely much older American man who is willing to marry you.

I would say if you have joint financials like checking, saving, credit cards, investments, etc, and are listed as beneficiary on life insurance policies, maybe wills and other items of two people combining their lives then you will be okay. IMHO, you will have more scrutiny with your current evidence as it is very superficial except for the time he spend with you in India. It is all about evidence. You might want to find a way to show that you talk to each other and how frequently. It is all about the evidence. If you cannot prove it with evidence then it does not exist in the eyes of the USCIS.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

don't worry all will go well .just be ready with much poof of your bonafide relationship.and don't leave any stone to turn to prove your relationship.

best of luck.

Thanks Anu. I am very happy u r with ur hubhy.Very very congratulation. Happy life.

Edited by Ryan H

raj

Timeline

Hey Dev, Thanks for reply. Yes we knew each other one year ago before marriage but only by phone talking.We started talk with each other on phone by the date of Dec, 2011. We met by face first time jan, 01,2013and get married jan 27, 2013. My husband lived with me for feb,march, april. He went back USA on the date of April 2013.

This is no true that i married a USA man for come to USA. I had very chances. Some were younger than me want to marry with me, some were same age with me, some were 10yrs old with me. We

rejected all these USE, because i found true love

only in my husband. He is very nice. Kind

hearted. Understands my feeling. Love me too

much.Nobody love me as my husband loves. Even my parents do not love me so. He respects womens. I realy love his nature. So i married with him. I am very happy with him.

No much proof but yes joint account together. Money recipts for every month. Same address

together when he is in India. Evidence from parents. Some letters write to each other. Yes i am trying to proof that we talk each other by phone two times daily.

Thank you.

raj

Timeline

Hey Dev, Thanks for reply. Yes we knew each other one year ago before marriage but only by phone talking.We started talk with each other on phone by the date of Dec, 2011. We met by face first time jan, 01,2013and get married jan 27, 2013. My husband lived with me for feb,march, april. He went back USA on the date of April 2013.

This is no true that i married a USA man for come to USA. I had very chances. Some were younger than me want to marry with me, some were same age with me, some were 10yrs old with me. We

rejected all these USE, because i found true love

only in my husband. He is very nice. Kind

hearted. Understands my feeling. Love me too

much.Nobody love me as my husband loves. Even my parents do not love me so. He respects womens. I realy love his nature. So i married with him. I am very happy with him.

No much proof but yes joint account together. Money recipts for every month. Same address

together when he is in India. Evidence from parents. Some letters write to each other. Yes i am trying to proof that we talk each other by phone two times daily.

Thank you.

If your husband has Life Insurance policy, ask him to make you the beneficiary. He can add his wife (you) as the beneficiary. A Living Trust or Will will also be good if you are included in them.

Affidavits from friends and family (from both sides of the family) who attended the wedding would be additional evidence that would be helpful.

Edited by bkghosh

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Timeline

Hello Bkghodh, Thanks for ur reply,

I think my husband has no insurance policy but if it is it can be in USA. If it is in USA can he add me my name in? I will asked to him if he has no life insurance to make one and add my name in policy.

Another question: We talk two time on phone daily. What i have no phone record. Because i have a cash card, so no billing. What should I do?

Thanks

raj

Timeline

Hello Bkghodh, Thanks for ur reply,

I think my husband has no insurance policy but if it is it can be in USA. If it is in USA can he add me my name in? I will asked to him if he has no life insurance to make one and add my name in policy.

Another question: We talk two time on phone daily. What i have no phone record. Because i have a cash card, so no billing. What should I do?

Thanks

Hi! I am the USC and I was able to add my hubby (Indian citizen) as the beneficiary of my US life insurance policy. Your husband can do the same, it was very easy.

Is there any way that if you are calling with cash card but hubby's phone should have records of the call in US maybe you can get that and have the proof from that as well?

Timeline

Hello Kat&Abhi, Thanks for good advice.

Yes i asked my Hosband to do so. He said that he will do so and send me all proof which can proof our relationship.

Thank You.

raj

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think on the age gap you'll be fine...

as to the proofs of stuff - if it's not with NVC or USCIS - how did you want to show the proofs?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hello Darnell, Thanks. Your answer make me feel good.

Yes I did not gave any proof to USCIS and to NVC for our relationship because they did not want. They needed only my marriage certificate and birth certificate. I think I will need proof of our relationship in interview. So i am trying to get all record which can proof our relationship.

Thank You for your great time.

raj

Timeline

well - there was the instructions in the I-130 on bonafide marriage proofs.

that stuff carries all the way into the Immigrant Visa unit - all the way up until appointment day.

so - Please have another think about when to submit your proofs.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hello Danell, Thanks. Actualy I and my Husband does not know much about imigration visa. Our case handle our agent. Wo do so which which our directed us. I read hear in vj that proofs of bonafide marriage we can show in interview.

Thank You.

raj

Hello Danell, Thanks. Actualy I and my Husband does not know much about imigration visa. Our case handle our agent. Wo do so which which our directed us. I read hear in vj that proofs of bonafide marriage we can show in interview.

Thank You.

You can do that, but the IO may have already made up his or her mind and then giving him a whole bunch of evidence will cause the IO to have to defer a decision until the evidence is examined. This is not a problem if the IO is going to approve your case, but it will cause a delay if the initial evidence does not prove a bona fide relationship to the IO's satisfaction. You have a large age difference which may or may not be a problem depending on the evidence you have already supplied and the IO's determination of your relationship based on that evidence--only the IO's opinion matters in this case and I have not been thru the Embassy in India so I have no idea, but I just want you to have as much evidence as possible to avoid delays in this process.

You might want to see about using a difference method of contracting each other that has the ability to record date, time and duration. Like someone else mentioned, maybe your husband can get the incoming calls from you off of his phone records and any calls he makes to you too.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Thank You.

a visa interview is about, maybe, 5 minutes.

Having the stuff in the casefile prior to interview day is a godsend - as that gives any Vice-Consul about 20 days to review all that was submitted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.