jj_stout

Need your help pls ASAP! 5 days before the interview

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A delay due to a rescheduled interview or being placed in AP after the interview, is still a delay.

Attend your interview as scheduled, trying to rescheduled could be risky.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

A delay due to a rescheduled interview or being placed in AP after the interview, is still a delay.

Attend your interview as scheduled, trying to rescheduled could be risky.

Ok thanks. Will my visa be still approve then? All I can do is to explain what happened. Good thing I have my husband's ITR and W-2.

Timeline

Ok thanks. Will my visa be still approve then? All I can do is to explain what happened. Good thing I have my husband's ITR and W-2.

Welcome.

The I-864 issue(s) won't necessarily cause a denial. If placed in AP, provide the missing info asap then wait for the case to be reviewed again.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Welcome.

The I-864 issue(s) won't necessarily cause a denial. If placed in AP, provide the missing info asap then wait for the case to be reviewed again.

Thanks! All I need to do is just to be honest and explain what happened. Btw the only error my hubby and the joint sponsor is very minimal. It is just a one page that needs to be corrected.

Timeline

You're welcome.

Yes, be honest if/when asked about the issue(s)

Best wishes with the interview. Keep us posted as to the outcome.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Show up to the interview and tell them what happened. You won't be approved there and then. They'll place you ob AP until they receive the required info and get in reviewed.

Bringing the doc to the interview won't necessarily give you an instant approval as they might still need to review it.

Good luck!

:idea:PERSONAL IR-5 GUIDE :idea:WIKI - NVC Process

IR-5 For Both Parents
2014-04-10 │ mailed Petition to Phoenix Lockbox via USPS
2014-04-14NOA1 Date
2014-05-09 │ Approved (19 Business Days)
2014-05-09 │ Case Sent to NVC
2014-06-20 │ Received Case # & IIN via Phonecall

2014-06-30 │ DS261 available

2014-07-01 │ AOS Bill recevied and pai

2014-07-07 │ AOS package delivered

2014-08-14 │ DS260 Bill and paid

2014-08-18 │ Civil Documents delivered

2014-08-26 │ AOS checklist received

2014-08-28 │ AOS checklist delivered

2014-10-15 │ CASE COMPLETE

2014-11-10 │ Forwarded to Embassy

2014-11-13 │ Received by Embassy

2014-11-18 │ Medical Exam-Sputum Required

2015-02-18 │ INTERVIEW - Passed (Issued)

2015-02-24 │ Visa in Hand

2015-02-27 │ POE - Dallas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Do you have a tracking number? If so you should be able to see where it is...right?

This is just a suggestion: I don't know if you have a copy of what was mailed but if not have your husband correct the one page needed and email it to you so you can print it. If you are able to track your package online, print the status page of where your package is. Take both pages to the interview and explain your situation. No it's not going to get you approved but it's better to go in with some information. They will still need the original and will place you in AP but you can at least know if the corrected page is now sufficient and no further correction is required. Good luck!

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If he has a photocopy of them, ask him to scan it and email it to you. Print it out and use it as a backup until/if the documents he sent you arrive.

I hope he kept photocopies of the ammendments.

Do you have a tracking number? If so you should be able to see where it is...right?

This is just a suggestion: I don't know if you have a copy of what was mailed but if not have your husband correct the one page needed and email it to you so you can print it. If you are able to track your package online, print the status page of where your package is. Take both pages to the interview and explain your situation. No it's not going to get you approved but it's better to go in with some information. They will still need the original and will place you in AP but you can at least know if the corrected page is now sufficient and no further correction is required. Good luck!

Sorry, i didn't read your post. I concur 100%.

NOA2: 4/13/2014

NVC Received Case: 4/28/2014

NVC Assigned Case no and IIN: 5/21/2014

DS261 available and submitted: 5/31/2014

AOS fees available and paid: 6/2/2014

AOS package sent out:6/3/2014

AOS fee shows paid: 6/4/2014

Resubmitted DS261 because it showed incomplete: 6/5/2014

AOS Package scanned at NVC: 6/9/2014 :protest:

IV fees paid: 7/10/14 :ranting:

DS260 Submitted: 7/12/14 :ranting:

IV Packaged Scanned by NVC: 7/15/2014 :ranting:

CC:9/7/2014 :dancing:

Interview:10/29/2014 :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

POE:11/09/2014 :dancing::dancing::dancing:

If he has a photocopy of them, ask him to scan it and email it to you. Print it out and use it as a backup until/if the documents he sent you arrive.

Nah he didn't even photocopy them =(

Yeah he did print the papers again and fill them out then he scanned them and send them to me. The problem is our joint sponsor is having his vacation in Hawaii. He'll be back on the 10th of June. =(

There's no tracking number cause what my hubby did is just an standard mail.

Show up to the interview and tell them what happened. You won't be approved there and then. They'll place you ob AP until they receive the required info and get in reviewed.

Bringing the doc to the interview won't necessarily give you an instant approval as they might still need to review it.

Good luck!

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Yes, be honest if/when asked about the issue(s)

Best wishes with the interview. Keep us posted as to the outcome.

Yes I will, thank you.

my husband sent his corrected I-864 since march 28,2014 and until now i never received it.He also used USPS so he decided to send it again using DHL while im waiting my appointment letter.

My interview would be on Monday June 09, 2014 at USEM Manila. Now we have a problem. On the P4 that the NVC sent me Financial Evidence is marked as "I". NVC told me I need to re-submit I-864 of my hubby and our joint sponsor. Only 1 page has a minimal error but NVC told me I need to re-submit all the corrected I-864 forms to the Consul during the interview. My husband mailed the corrected I-864 forms last May 06, 2014 and until now the forms didn't come yet. He mailed them through USPS. We're worried because its more than 3 weeks now and the documents are not still around. I've been checking them through our local post office here but still they're not there. 5 days to go before the interview and the papers are not yet around. We're afraid that they are lost huhu. Our joint sponsor is in Hawaii now for a vacation, he'll be back on June 10 but my interview date has already pass then.

Please help us what to do. Thanks guys.

I'm afaraid you are out of luck. Unless the papers arrive before your interview they are most likely lost. I sent a complete set of all documents to my wife 2 months before her interview via USPS and they never arrived to her in Cebu. I had made several sets of documents complete so I just sent another set via FEDEX and they got there in 5 or 6 business days. Cost was about 80 dollars US but worth it. The first envelope was returned to my address in Hawaii 3 months after my wife arrived here and we laughed. It took them 5 months to get the envelope from Cebu to Hawaii. I called the USPS and they explained that once the package reached Manila the package is out of the hands of the US Government and they have no control over it. Which was true because of course someone in the Philippoines post office had opened it and gone thru it and tried to find money but there was none. I understand this happens all the time there. So never send anything via USPS either to or from the Philippines.

Timeline

I agree with you. I sent birthday cards to the Philippines that have yet to be delivered, that was in 1986.

I agree with you. I sent birthday cards to the Philippines that have yet to be delivered, that was in 1986.

I have a friend here on Maui that sends letters via USPS mail but he uses 8 1/2 x 11" paper and just tapes it shut, leaving the ends open so the corrupt mailman in the Philippines can see there is no money inside. He says most of his letters get through now except once in a while the mailman just gets pissed off and tosses a letter every now and then becasue the guys has out-smarted him. hahaha

Timeline

I have a friend here on Maui that sends letters via USPS mail but he uses 8 1/2 x 11" paper and just tapes it shut, leaving the ends open so the corrupt mailman in the Philippines can see there is no money inside. He says most of his letters get through now except once in a while the mailman just gets pissed off and tosses a letter every now and then becasue the guys has out-smarted him. hahaha

:lol: Now there's an idea and a way to give the middle finger to a postal snake thief.

My interview would be on Monday June 09, 2014 at USEM Manila. Now we have a problem. On the P4 that the NVC sent me Financial Evidence is marked as "I". NVC told me I need to re-submit I-864 of my hubby and our joint sponsor. Only 1 page has a minimal error but NVC told me I need to re-submit all the corrected I-864 forms to the Consul during the interview. My husband mailed the corrected I-864 forms last May 06, 2014 and until now the forms didn't come yet. He mailed them through USPS. We're worried because its more than 3 weeks now and the documents are not still around. I've been checking them through our local post office here but still they're not there. 5 days to go before the interview and the papers are not yet around. We're afraid that they are lost huhu. Our joint sponsor is in Hawaii now for a vacation, he'll be back on June 10 but my interview date has already pass then.

Please help us what to do. Thanks guys.

Have him IMMEDIATELY FedEx you another set of the documents! Why in the world would anyone mess around with the post office with something absolutely mission-critical?

I am always astonished by this sort of thing. I mean, really? Isn't there enough that can go wrong without inviting problems?

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.