yunvanne

Feel no hope after check up

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hi friend , after i health check up , and i found i have liver cirrhosis , i think this can't be cured or have to do treatment for a life time, do i have a chance or not for passing interview and issued visa ? :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes absolutely- you may be asked to prove you can afford the medical treatment in the USA; health costs are high here.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Very sorry to hear about your situation. As NigeriaorBust said, take care of yourself no matter what the outcome of your DV process.

Others may have more experience, but in my understanding they are more concerned about communicable (contagious) diseases, so liver cirrhosis (if not caused by Hepatitis) should not cause you to get rejected on its own. You may have to prove you can afford health insurance, or prove you can quickly get a job, with your skill set and education, that offers healthcare.

Also note that cirrhosis, if caught early enough, can be managed with lifestyle changes, i.e. stop all alcohol, low sodium diet, some medication. Hopefully the doctor gave you all this information and more.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Timeline

Very sorry to hear about your situation. As NigeriaorBust said, take care of yourself no matter what the outcome of your DV process.

Others may have more experience, but in my understanding they are more concerned about communicable (contagious) diseases, so liver cirrhosis (if not caused by Hepatitis) should not cause you to get rejected on its own. You may have to prove you can afford health insurance, or prove you can quickly get a job, with your skill set and education, that offers healthcare.

Also note that cirrhosis, if caught early enough, can be managed with lifestyle changes, i.e. stop all alcohol, low sodium diet, some medication. Hopefully the doctor gave you all this information and more.

Thank you all for your helpful information, i have treatment for a year until now , should i bring my medical testimonial to meet the doctor when i check up before interview? if i inform them would my case of DV get more serious to rejected ?

Timeline

Thank you all for your helpful information, i have treatment for a year until now , should i bring my medical testimonial to meet the doctor when i check up before interview? if i inform them would my case of DV get more serious to rejected ?

You can bring all your medical information to the doctor who will perform your DV medical but you don't have to bring it up unless the doctor asks. They will do their tests, including blood tests, but if they're not doing the specific blood test for cirrhosis they won't see it. If they ask you if you are on any medications, just tell the truth.

It's the same for the interview: bring all your personal medical information but don't show it unless they ask. If they look at your DV medical results and don't bring up your cirrhosis, then you certainly don't have to bring it up yourself. You don't have to volunteer anything, just let them do their job of looking at your medical and other forms.

Only If they do ask you about it, then you just answer all their questions.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AS others have stated , unless you have one of a small number of illnesses ( and I don't think hep is one of the disqualifying ones , HIV no longer is ) You are not automatically excluded, but you have to prove that you won't come here and try to get what are called means tested benefits ( things where the government/taxpayers cover the cost because the person can't pay themselves. ) They will tell the embassy that you have this condition and at what stage. Mild stages mean that liver functionality is impaired and you should avoid things that stress the liver , avoid certain medications and keep track of what is happening.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

You can bring all your medical information to the doctor who will perform your DV medical but you don't have to bring it up unless the doctor asks. They will do their tests, including blood tests, but if they're not doing the specific blood test for cirrhosis they won't see it. If they ask you if you are on any medications, just tell the truth.

It's the same for the interview: bring all your personal medical information but don't show it unless they ask. If they look at your DV medical results and don't bring up your cirrhosis, then you certainly don't have to bring it up yourself. You don't have to volunteer anything, just let them do their job of looking at your medical and other forms.

Only If they do ask you about it, then you just answer all their questions.

thank you very much my friend, now i have medical treatment it kinds of vitamin for my liver ( i check on the website medical name and benefit) also doctor said it should not treatment stage yet, just provide vitamin for my liver to let immune function correctly, and i have blood test and the result is normal if compare to last few month,

by the ways, if we don't tell anything about my disease and just pretend to don't know if they asking relate to liver disease ? which one having more chance that we tell them the truth if they ask and show the medical treatment and we pretend to surprise when they asking and we just tell them I didn't notice about that?

Timeline

thank you very much my friend, now i have medical treatment it kinds of vitamin for my liver ( i check on the website medical name and benefit) also doctor said it should not treatment stage yet, just provide vitamin for my liver to let immune function correctly, and i have blood test and the result is normal if compare to last few month,

by the ways, if we don't tell anything about my disease and just pretend to don't know if they asking relate to liver disease ? which one having more chance that we tell them the truth if they ask and show the medical treatment and we pretend to surprise when they asking and we just tell them I didn't notice about that?

If you're just on vitamins and blood tests are normal, then you don't have anything to worry about. You should never lie or withhold information (by pretending not to know something). That could get you rejected and banned from any future immigrant or non-immigrant visa. You don't have to volunteer anything until asked about it, but if asked, then tell the truth. Based on what you've said here, the truth is not that bad, and by itself it shouldn't be a reason for them to reject you.

Timeline

If you're just on vitamins and blood tests are normal, then you don't have anything to worry about. You should never lie or withhold information (by pretending not to know something). That could get you rejected and banned from any future immigrant or non-immigrant visa. You don't have to volunteer anything until asked about it, but if asked, then tell the truth. Based on what you've said here, the truth is not that bad, and by itself it shouldn't be a reason for them to reject you.

thanks you very much, well note for that info, i hope everything gonna be fine to me and my family

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.