Neela & Jitu

I-751 June 2014 Filers

1,724 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just got off the phone with tier 2 person and she said that more than likely it's an error, she submitted a ticket for rescheduling as well, just in case. I'm thinking of just going ahead and sending the request to reschedule anyways. She said that I will get something in theail

Within next week that will tell me what's going on.

event.png

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just got off the phone with tier 2 person and she said that more than likely it's an error, she submitted a ticket for rescheduling as well, just in case. I'm thinking of just going ahead and sending the request to reschedule anyways. She said that I will get something in theail

Within next week that will tell me what's going on.

Im doing the same thing uk fan!

Arrrrgh! Got my notice for second biometrics appointment today! Called the USCIS, and first-tier rep told me that the system says my application was received on November 6! I told her that it was in fact submitted in June and I did my biometrics in July… Now waiting for a call from a second-tier representative. Can this be any more frustrating? Will post if I ever get a call back. After the call was transferred, they said the wait would be 152 minutes. And it is 4 p.m. on a Friday in my state. So incredibly frustrating.

Timeline

Arrrrgh! Got my notice for second biometrics appointment today! Called the USCIS, and first-tier rep told me that the system says my application was received on November 6! I told her that it was in fact submitted in June and I did my biometrics in July… Now waiting for a call from a second-tier representative. Can this be any more frustrating? Will post if I ever get a call back. After the call was transferred, they said the wait would be 152 minutes. And it is 4 p.m. on a Friday in my state. So incredibly frustrating.

my wait was supposed to have been 300 minutes and they called me back within two hours. The funny thing is that the call center itself in like 30 miles away from me.. i should be able to just walk in and ask them whats up ahahah

event.png

So I spoke with a 2d tier rep. Her version: the application was received on June 6 (the correct date); I need to keep the biometrics appointment because it may be for something different, not fingerprints, but photo (duh, they did both in July); I should expect my card in August 2015 since that's when my extension letter expires. when I tried to point out that processing guidelines state that these petitions should be decided within 6 months, I got the response: "I've worked here for thirty years. This is how this works." At that point, I realized that the conversation was pointless.

Bottom line, I will go do biometrics again on Nov. 25th. But I will start calling to demand updates on my case status as soon as my petition is pending for 6 months, which is after December 6. Looks like the "waiting game" got seriously messed up in the process this year.

Everyone is getting a different answer. I was told that app. priority date starts from the transfer date and all transferred cases will have have to do biometrics again. Total nonsense because according to their rules, fingerprints are valid for 2 years. I dont care that I have to go for it again but what I'm upset about is losing priority date from june. Why couldn't they just leave the cases at vsc and why they only picked june.

(at least last year when they transferred cases, everyone kept their original application priority date)

Edited by rangrut

We are getting different answers, because people answering the phone don't know any better. Some apparently don't know any answers after 30 years at USCIS. I am convinced that they had a system glitch and may or may not be trying to resolve it. People in call centers seem to be getting answers from a magic 8-ball USCIS edition.

When it comes to priority dates and transfer - here is what USCIS alert says:

If we transferred your case, we will send you a transfer notice. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case.

http://www.uscis.gov/news/form-i-751-workload-transfer-vermont-service-center-california-service-center

I will wait until early December and start calling again.

We are getting different answers, because people answering the phone don't know any better. Some apparently don't know any answers after 30 years at USCIS. I am convinced that they had a system glitch and may or may not be trying to resolve it. People in call centers seem to be getting answers from a magic 8-ball USCIS edition.

When it comes to priority dates and transfer - here is what USCIS alert says:

http://www.uscis.gov/news/form-i-751-workload-transfer-vermont-service-center-california-service-center

I will wait until early December and start calling again.

thanks Worrier.

On my second biometrics notice, social security and account number are blank. (i forgot if that's how it was on the first biometrics notice).

Those who received their biometrics notice again, can you please have a look and tell me if it's the same for everyone??

also, do we just leave it blank or fill it out?

thanks

Edited by rangrut

Timeline

On my second biometrics notice, social security and account number are blank. (i forgot if that's how it was on the first biometrics notice).

Those who received their biometrics notice again, can you please have a look and tell me if it's the same for everyone??

also, do we just leave it blank or fill it out?

thanks

SS is left blank on mine as well

event.png

Those fields were blank on both notices, first and second. I believe they track them by alien number and receipt number, so there wouldn't be SSN or account number associated with it.

What I thought was weird with my second notice is the fact that it had two receipt numbers - from NOA1 and the one from the first bio letter.

Edited by Worrier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.