second stage

N-400 JUNE 2014 Filers

1,745 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

No argument intended at all... I simply asked a question... does knowing when you are in line help you know when your interview will be scheduled?

Your answer was no. You already know that your interview will be scheduled by adding 30 days to your green card anniversary.

So I asked a follow-up question: what use is knowing the in-line date if you already have a prediction of when you you'll be scheduled for an interview?

I was trying to understand if there was a reason the in-line date was important because I read a lot of back and forth on this thread about whether or not it should be included.

"so please let's hear your predictions" makes it sound like I'm saying your predictions are wrong... which I didn't say at all... I actually think you're pretty accurate with the in-line prediction... I just don't understand why that date matters.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want you to tell me why the in-line date matters... not because I think what you're saying is wrong, but because I genuinely don't understand what that date actually means. If the date doesn't matter, that's fine... it doesn't make your prediction any less accurate.

I'm afraid I don't understand your second sentence... what happens when someone applies early? As in 90 days early? I assume they get done before someone who applies on time... and I really don't know what you mean about when someone freaks out.

No worries. Am trying to learn the process as well.

In general, I think finger prints, being in-line, getting the interview letter, taking oath etc. everything are different stages before you become a US citizen and USCIS created it for some reason.

I understand your point - how does being in-line or not help anyone, it simply says you have moved one step closer to you becoming a Citizen and if you are not in-line, you may never be scheduled for an interview. Again, there maybe exception but we are talking as a rule in general.

When I say early, it's based on filing 90 days early.

Oh the *freak* thing is when you know that everyone who applied with you from your local office are US Citizens and you are still waiting...

Edited by second stage

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No worries. Am trying to learn the process as well.

In general, I think finger prints, being in-line, getting the interview letter, taking oath etc. everything are different stages before you become a US citizen and USCIS created it for some reason.

I understand your point - how does being in-line or not help anyone, it simply says you have moved one step closer to you becoming a Citizen and if you are not in-line, you may never be scheduled for an interview. Again, there maybe exception but we are talking as a rule in general.

When I say early, it's based on filing 90 days early.

Ah, gotcha! So being placed in line is just an indication that things are progressing as expected... and if you're not in line, you know that you've got one more step (even if it's just an electronic step) before you'll be scheduled.

I was wondering if it meant that your biometrics were all clear or something like that... you know, the way that being placed in line for oath means that your interview has been approved (even if you had received a "decision cannot be made" at the interview).

I get it now.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think being in-line is to help you compare your timeline within your local office and not other office(as in Tampa vs Tampa and not Tampa vs Chicago)

What I have noticed(as a rule of thumb):

1. If you applied early then, doing your Bio early does not help.
  2. If you applied early then, you'll be placed IN-LINE about 30 days before your anniversary date.
  3. If you did not apply early then, you'll be placed IN-LINE within few days after your Bio.
  4. If you applied early then, you will receive interview notification within 30 days after your anniversary date(GC date)

Again, don't ask me to quote - just observation based on other threads...

This is true in my case. My GC dated 01/27/2011, and I applied on 06/16/2014.

From what I read, it seems to be "In-Line" notice + 30 days --> "Interview Scheduled" notice + 30 days --> Actual Interview date.

My In-Line date is 07/09/2014, so I am hoping to get Interview Scheduled notice by 08/09/2014 (waiting anxiously for the famous yellow letter :)). For Charlotte office, it seems like they have the Oath Ceremony on the last Thursday of every month. So if luck is on my side, I am hoping for the actual Interview on or before 08/28/2014.

Given that Labor's Day is coming, I am hoping to become US Citizen by then :)

On a personal side note, even though I do have some plans in mind after being US Citizen, I am not going to push my luck with USCIS. Charlotte office processes N-400 in 5 months, so I just let them do their "things" :). I feel like there is no need to call and ask if my case can move faster. They have been good to me and my paperwork!

10/2001: arrived as a F1 student (college) in NC
01/2003: met my now-husband at school
08/2004: moved to Louisiana to continue study

AOS: I-130 and I-485
06/2010: got married in NC

01/2011: interview and approved

ROC: I-751
01/14/2013: Package Sent

06/12/2013: got approved!!!

06/14/2013: card and letter arrived!!!

Exactly 5 months!!! No Interview. No RFE.

Strongest Evidence? My 8-year relationship and 3-year marriage to my husband.

If it does not show commitment, then I don't know what does...

Naturalization: N-400

06/16/2014: Package Sent

06/23/2014: Check Cashed

06/27/2014: Received NOA1 (Letter dated 06/20)

07/07/2014: Walk-in Bio (Appt date 07/18)

07/09/2014: In-Line for Interview

08/07/2014: Received Yellow Letter (dated 08/02)

09/06/2014: Received Interview Letter

10/09/2014: Interview Date

10/21/2014: Oath Ceremony

I am officially an American Citizen.

---

Petition: I-130 for Mother and I-130 for Sister

---

Petition: I-130 Mother for Daughter

I like to think I'm objective: your criticism of second stage was baseless, so I stated likewise. Now, second stage's enthusiasm seems in over-drive, so I employed sarcasm to highlight that.

Nothing personal. Let me know when you have recovered from your shock.

It will take some time, nothing personal :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

second stage,

I take that back! I misread your post, you are right with those four observations, my apologies for speaking too soon.

My "prediction" about "second stage-fatigue" among your thread-mates before the end of this mnth still stands, though! :pop:

second stage,

All four of your observations above are wrong; in fact, each one is true in the exact opposite.

If I had to make a bold "prediction" which you seem to be rather fond of, it would be that, before the end of August, more than a few of your thread-mates may be facing second stage-fatigue! B-)

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 7th August, 2014)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

My "prediction" about "second stage-fatigue" among your thread-mates before the end of this mnth still stands, though! :pop:

Funny :D

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Timeline

second stage,

Based on your advanced stochastic models and your one-of-a-kind crystal ball, can you "predict" what day of the week usacitizenship's interview will be scheduled for and what the traffic situation is most likely to be in a 100-mile radius of his/her local field office on said day of his/her interview?

Got placed in line for interview notification today. Please update my timeline. My GC date is 09/01 and I applied per the 5 year rule.

Thanks

I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Visajourney was so helpful the past few years. Why turn it into a trash can with unnecessary convos? Let's just skip all arguments, sarcasm, and drama and stick to the main idea why we are here. :)

06.17.14-Citizenship window opens

06.18.14-I-400 packet sent

06.19.14-Packet delivered to Phoenix center

06.25.14-Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06.26.14-Check cashed

06.27.14-NOA received (dated 06.24.14)
07.01.14-Email/text - biometrics appointment letter sent

07.11.14-Biometrics letter in the mail (for 07.21.14)

07.21.14-Completed Scheduled Biometrics Appointment

08.13.14-Yellow letter received (dated 08.07.14)

08.15.14-In line for interview (text/email)

08.26.14-Email/text Scheduled for the interview, letter sent

08.30.14-Interview letter in the mail scheduled for 10.01.14

10.01.14-Interview day - PASSED :)

10.13.14-Email/text - in line for oath ceremony

10.29.14-Email/text - oath ceremony letter sent

11.01.14-Oath letter received

11.19.14-Oath Ceremony

This is true in my case. My GC dated 01/27/2011, and I applied on 06/16/2014.

From what I read, it seems to be "In-Line" notice + 30 days --> "Interview Scheduled" notice + 30 days --> Actual Interview date.

My In-Line date is 07/09/2014, so I am hoping to get Interview Scheduled notice by 08/09/2014 (waiting anxiously for the famous yellow letter :)). For Charlotte office, it seems like they have the Oath Ceremony on the last Thursday of every month. So if luck is on my side, I am hoping for the actual Interview on or before 08/28/2014.

Given that Labor's Day is coming, I am hoping to become US Citizen by then :)

On a personal side note, even though I do have some plans in mind after being US Citizen, I am not going to push my luck with USCIS. Charlotte office processes N-400 in 5 months, so I just let them do their "things" :). I feel like there is no need to call and ask if my case can move faster. They have been good to me and my paperwork!

I am in Charlotte nc too. Nice to know you. I am in line 7/24. I am still wait for you to move status further, than mine will move.please update your case when you heard something. The only thing we can do is to wait.

<p>06/20/14: N-400 mailed06/23/14: N-400 Delivered06/26/14: I-797 in the mail7/1/14: Fingerprint notification via text and email7/8/14: Fingerprint Letter In the mail7/22/14: Fingerprint Appointment Date7/11/14: Walk-in Fingerprints completed7/24/14: SMS and Email about in-line for interview8/18/2014 receive yellow letter dated8/89/8/2014 interview txt/email9/11/2014 receive interview letter10/14/2014 interview date<p>10/21/2014oath date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Visajourney was so helpful the past few years. Why turn it into a trash can with unnecessary convos? Let's just skip all arguments, sarcasm, and drama and stick to the main idea why we are here. :)

I totally agree.

Also, I feel that second stage has done nothing wrong, he's always trying to help everyone, sometimes more than he probably should. On the topic today, he was just trying to figure out ways to help certain people who can't do their own research about their own field centers and keep "freaking out" about every little step of this process, when their expectations (which are usually off) are not met. The theory about GC dates and in line for interview dates when someone used the 90-day rule has been proved correct in most cases (but not all). There are and there will always be exceptions, but it's also interesting to see how things work. We are all on the same boat and should try to help each other instead of putting each other down.

Unfortunately there are people here who like to create drama and some people who like to instigate the drama too. I was trying to stay out of it, but I had to defend second stage. Do I always agree with him? No. I might say things that other people don't agree with. But he is already a citizen and is only giving his opinion and time to help. I'm not saying that you shouldn't voice when you disagree about something but attacking him because of it is not ok.

Edited by alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Timeline

Haha, try to calm yourself. It seems the humour went completely over your head. Even second stage seemed to understand it was harnless ribbing.

I totally agree.

Also, I feel that second stage has done nothing wrong, he's always trying to help everyone, sometimes more than he probably should. On the topic today, he was just trying to figure out ways to help certain people who can't do their own research about their own field centers and keep "freaking out" about every little step of this process, when their expectations (which are usually off) are not met. The theory about GC dates and in line for interview dates when someone used the 90-day rule has been proved correct in most cases (but not all). There are and there will always be exceptions, but it's also interesting to see how things work. We are all on the same boat and should try to help each other instead of putting each other down.

Unfortunately there are people here who like to create drama and some people who like to instigate the drama too. I was trying to stay out of it, but I had to defend second stage. Do I always agree with him? No. I might say things that other people don't agree with. But he is already a citizen and is only giving his opinion and time to help. I'm not saying that you shouldn't voice when you disagree about something but attacking him because of it is not ok.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Haha, try to calm yourself. It seems the humour went completely over your head. Even second stage seemed to understand it was harnless ribbing.

OMG! Did I freak out unnecessarily then? :rofl:

Helloooo!

just wondering if Anybody from Massachusetts completed an interview lately ? I'd love to hear about his/her experience.

Thank you in advance

Hi FaZz,

Only two people on this thread have been scheduled for interviews and both are in Cincinnati, OH. Maybe you should check February, March and April filers threads for more information.

Edited by alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

It's all good guys...Thanks alix for the support.

At the end of the day, I just want to make life easier for JUNE filers and for future filers.

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.