I-130 world record for fastest processing

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On May 28, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

I mailed this application on May 9th and received the NOA1 on May 17. Today when I woke up I already had this email in my inbox saying the petition has been approved, so it only took a few weeks. Does anyone know what will happen next? How does the process go from here? I didn't expect things to move this quickly so I'm not entirely ready, what should I begin preparing at this point? And how do I get the case number for the $88 payment?

Thanks!

I mailed this application on May 9th and received the NOA1 on May 17. Today when I woke up I already had this email in my inbox saying the petition has been approved, so it only took a few weeks. Does anyone know what will happen next? How does the process go from here? I didn't expect things to move this quickly so I'm not entirely ready, what should I begin preparing at this point? And how do I get the case number for the $88 payment?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your approval! Next up is the NVC phase. Follow the steps in this excellent Wiki guide.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Good luck!

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Sounds like another Philippines automatic expedite.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Hello, I received the hard copy for the NOA2 (approval letter) today. I have one question about the form I-864...in part 1 where it asks for the mailing address, is that supposed to be my address or the address of the person I'm sponsoring? Also, when it asks for the alien registration number under other information, is that supposed to come from the notice/approval letter I received today?

Thanks!

Timeline

Nice! I sent my I-130 on 7/5, routed to Nebraska USCIS on 13/5. Now I'm still waiting for my case number.

Cool! We sent our application almost the same week. Are you going to call NVC soon for you case number or wait for the 30 days time frame?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Cool! We sent our application almost the same week. Are you going to call NVC soon for you case number or wait for the 30 days time frame?

I'm not sure what I should do. If I call would that make it faster?

Timeline

I'm not sure what I should do. If I call would that make it faster?

I don't think calling will help, but at least you can find out what's going on and have all the payments/documents ready. I think if you want it done faster you have to request an expedited service.

Timeline

Congrats Lanne25! Mine was quick too. Now, we're in a waiting game with NVC :clock: . I did some reading and asking around, and it looks like the earliest you could get the Case # and Invoice # from NVC is 30 days from submission date from USCIS. But this is NOT a definite timeframe, as there's no such thing as definite timeframe in this process. Just to give you an idea.

I called NVC last Thursday (2nd time I called them - first time was May 12th) and found out the date that they received my case. True that calling won't be any help but nobody will stop you if you call them 24/7 :goofy: .

The wiki's really helpful with tips and what nots.

Goodluck! Keep us posted! B-)

:idea:PERSONAL IR-5 GUIDE :idea:WIKI - NVC Process

IR-5 For Both Parents
2014-04-10 │ mailed Petition to Phoenix Lockbox via USPS
2014-04-14NOA1 Date
2014-05-09 │ Approved (19 Business Days)
2014-05-09 │ Case Sent to NVC
2014-06-20 │ Received Case # & IIN via Phonecall

2014-06-30 │ DS261 available

2014-07-01 │ AOS Bill recevied and pai

2014-07-07 │ AOS package delivered

2014-08-14 │ DS260 Bill and paid

2014-08-18 │ Civil Documents delivered

2014-08-26 │ AOS checklist received

2014-08-28 │ AOS checklist delivered

2014-10-15 │ CASE COMPLETE

2014-11-10 │ Forwarded to Embassy

2014-11-13 │ Received by Embassy

2014-11-18 │ Medical Exam-Sputum Required

2015-02-18 │ INTERVIEW - Passed (Issued)

2015-02-24 │ Visa in Hand

2015-02-27 │ POE - Dallas

Timeline

Congrats Lanne25! Mine was quick too. Now, we're in a waiting game with NVC :clock: . I did some reading and asking around, and it looks like the earliest you could get the Case # and Invoice # from NVC is 30 days from submission date from USCIS. But this is NOT a definite timeframe, as there's no such thing as definite timeframe in this process. Just to give you an idea.

I called NVC last Thursday (2nd time I called them - first time was May 12th) and found out the date that they received my case. True that calling won't be any help but nobody will stop you if you call them 24/7 :goofy: .

The wiki's really helpful with tips and what nots.

Goodluck! Keep us posted! B-)

Thank you! The NOA2 says I need to wait 30 days to get the case number. I tried to email them today and I got an auto reply email that they sent the application from USCIS to NVC already. Perhaps by mid-July I will call them since it's so hard to get ahold of them over the phone.

Good luck to us! :thumbs:

Timeline

Question...what does the USCIS do? It seems like they just reroute it to NVC...it would be so much faster to send it straight to NVC?

LOL I don't know what they do either, but I agree, they should just send everything straight to NVC. Then there'd be no hassle, no waiting, and no wondering what to do next.

Timeline

Oops, I need to take that back. It doesn't matter where we send it, USCIS or NVC, either way it's a waiting game. Just have to be prepared and read up on the rules so we have everything in order when the time comes. B-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.