Alko

Case returned back from NVC to USCIS

26 posts in this topic

My apologies to everyone harmed by my comments, I do not know what I am talking about, a great mistake from my part

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

restudy posts 10 and 11 in yer topic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anybody with info that can help me ?

woooww.. I don't see anyone beside two of us here in this situation.

I hope you will find your case soon.

Please come and join our friendly I-130 filers Immigration Visa Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297983330378608/

My Visa journey

Service center : National service center.

Consulate : Mumbai, India.

07-14-2013: Marriage

08-12-2013: I-130 PD

11-04-2013: I-129F PD

02-21-2014: NOA2 for I-130( I-129F closed)

03-11-2014: NVC received case

03-19-2014: NVC sent case back to USCIS

04-07-2014: USCIS got the case

sent case back to NVC again :P

4/11/2014: NVC case number assigned.

4/21/2014: AOS and IV fees Paid.

4/24/2014: DS-260 submitted.

5/01/2014: AOS packet scanned

5/01/2014: IV packet scanned

5/21/2014: case completed. Woooowwww

6/26/2014: Medical Day

7/13/2014: Biometrics day

07/14/2014: Interview date ( First Anniversary) (L)(L)(L)

What I found was limited info on similar situations. And nowhere how it ended or anything like that..

As I said in early post, you MUST call USCIS to ask them what going on with your case. Your situation is CASE HAS BEEN RETURNED TO THE USCIS. But, USCIS request to get case back or NVC return your case to the USCIS are big difference.

- USCIS request to get case back : There is something wrong with them on the approval, so they need to get case back for further processing, investigate, or whatever....This is take more time for your case ==> LONG

- NVC return your case to the USCIS by themself : Maybe your case missing some papers, documents ....that NVC could not process to the next step. So they return your whole casefile to the USCIS==> SHORT

GOOD LUCK!!!

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2013: NOA1

Dec 12, 2013: Transfer notice (Nebraska SC)

Dec 16, 2013: NSC Received(Last Update Date)

Mar 3, 2014:(call to talk to Tier 2)service request created

Mar 12, 2014 : Received email from NSC, case pending under background check clearance

Mar 27, 2014 : Name updated relating to I-130(I never change my name)

Mar 28, 2014 : NOA2(Text/email)

Mar 31, 2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

April 1, 2014 : Case shipped to NVC

NVC------------------

April 11, 2014 : Case received

May 3, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN

May 8, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

May 9, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

May 12, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

May 13, 2014 : AOS Package sent via UPS

May 16, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

May 20, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

June 6, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and pay

June 9, 2014 : IV Package sent via UPS

June 10, 2014 : DS-260 Completed and Submitted

June 12, 2014 : IV Package received by NVC

June 16, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

June 19, 2014 : AOS Approved

July 29, 2014 : Case Complete

September 30, 2014 : Interview at 8AM

As I said in early post, you MUST call USCIS to ask them what going on with your case. Your situation is CASE HAS BEEN RETURNED TO THE USCIS. But, USCIS request to get case back or NVC return your case to the USCIS are big difference.

- USCIS request to get case back : There is something wrong with them on the approval, so they need to get case back for further processing, investigate, or whatever....This is take more time for your case ==> LONG

- NVC return your case to the USCIS by themself : Maybe your case missing some papers, documents ....that NVC could not process to the next step. So they return your whole casefile to the USCIS==> SHORT

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have all answers. Here is my brief summery:

-March 19 - i130 approved

-April 4, april 11 - called NVC, they told me they received my case on april 2

-April 28 - called NVC - they told me they did not get my case? I freaked out. They did not have any other info except that they don't have my case. Told me to send scanned copy of my approval notice to nvcresearch.

I sent it the same night - but till this day never got response back. Email them again to nvcresearch and nvcinquiry - no response

-From April 28 - May 17 I have called NVC every week two times, talked to supervisors, but always the same - you must wait to get notification back from nvcresearch

-Called USCIS tier 2 - officer told me they sent my case to NVC on March 25

-May 12 -Called again USCIS tier 2 - officer did service request, and I got e-mail back next day with same info that Case is sent to NVC March 25. CSC has no longer jurisdiction over this petition.

-May 19 - called NVC, 1st they told me they dont have my case, I explained (for how many times) that previously I was told that case was received on april 2. They placed me on short hold to look into it and found out that my case has been sent to uscis on April 28. I talked to supervisor that night and he could not provide me with anything else as for what was the reason for sending my case back. All he said is to call uscis and find out from them what is going on.

-May 20 - called uscis tier 2 - officer told me they have no info of my case being back to uscis. He also wasn't sure why NVC would have done that. He told me that since I already did service request on May 12, I have to wait 30 days for him to do another service request. In the meantime I can call back in a week to see if something changed. ..

Edited by Alko

I think NVC has been lost your case, because they confirmed to you not only once but also twice that they received your case on April 2. And USCIS has no info on your case or didn't know why your case been returned. If NVC sent it back to USCIS on April 28, I think USCIS has received your case cuz it been almost a month. I know your feeling now, call NVC but they said talk to USCIS. Call USCIS but they said contact to NVC. You are in the middle of them, everything are out of your control. You have no other choice except waiting for the answer from NVCResearch. Be strong my friend, praying for you.....

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2013: NOA1

Dec 12, 2013: Transfer notice (Nebraska SC)

Dec 16, 2013: NSC Received(Last Update Date)

Mar 3, 2014:(call to talk to Tier 2)service request created

Mar 12, 2014 : Received email from NSC, case pending under background check clearance

Mar 27, 2014 : Name updated relating to I-130(I never change my name)

Mar 28, 2014 : NOA2(Text/email)

Mar 31, 2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

April 1, 2014 : Case shipped to NVC

NVC------------------

April 11, 2014 : Case received

May 3, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN

May 8, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

May 9, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

May 12, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

May 13, 2014 : AOS Package sent via UPS

May 16, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

May 20, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

June 6, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and pay

June 9, 2014 : IV Package sent via UPS

June 10, 2014 : DS-260 Completed and Submitted

June 12, 2014 : IV Package received by NVC

June 16, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

June 19, 2014 : AOS Approved

July 29, 2014 : Case Complete

September 30, 2014 : Interview at 8AM

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I just found out that my case is sent back from NVC to uscis. No reason why, they just told me they sent it back on April 28, no other info, just to call uscis.

Btw, I got approved on March 19, 2014. I-130 petition.

Anyone that has went through similar situation, what now, what to do?

Please how long did it take the USCIS to return your case back to the NVC because my case has been sent back to USCIS after paying my AOS. Thank you.

Please how long did it take the USCIS to return your case back to the NVC because my case has been sent back to USCIS after paying my AOS. Thank you.

I lost a few months just because of this. But that doesn't mean your situation is the same as mine. My case documents were "lost" between USCIS and NVC. NVC claimed they sent it back to USCIS while USCIS claimed they did not receive it back. I had to contact my senators and HOR for USCIS to step up and find my documents.

You need to call USCIS and find out did they get your documents back from NVC and find out a reason for being returned..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I lost a few months just because of this. But that doesn't mean your situation is the same as mine. My case documents were "lost" between USCIS and NVC. NVC claimed they sent it back to USCIS while USCIS claimed they did not receive it back. I had to contact my senators and HOR for USCIS to step up and find my documents.

You need to call USCIS and find out did they get your documents back from NVC and find out a reason for being returned..

Thanks a lot and appreciate the quick response. I got my case number on the 22nd of this month and then chose my agent. I called the NVC on 24th to verify my agent and they told me my case has been sent back to the USCIS on the 23rd and they couldn't give me any tangible reason. Thanks alot Edited by mnimoh0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.