Lenny&Sanna

Any Finnish/American Couples?

269 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, JCB86 said:

There is no such thing as online submission for the I129f. It has to be mailed in paper to USCIS. 

!!! Yes, thank you. I was confusing that process with the I130 which I believe can be submitted online. 

I now remember this is to be filed with the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

I am reading the instructions regarding the process of the I129f and see that there  is no submission fee for classification of an alien as a spouse of a US citizen. Does that mean if I am a US citizen engaged to be married to non US citizen applying for the I129f that I do not have to include the 

$535 fee?

52 minutes ago, MJoseph123 said:

!!! Yes, thank you. I was confusing that process with the I130 which I believe can be submitted online. 

I now remember this is to be filed with the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

I am reading the instructions regarding the process of the I129f and see that there  is no submission fee for classification of an alien as a spouse of a US citizen. Does that mean if I am a US citizen engaged to be married to non US citizen applying for the I129f that I do not have to include the 

$535 fee?

I129f is for those not married. If you are a spouse, the I129f does not apply and you cannot file it. You have to pay the filing fee when you send the packet to USCIS. Use their website for the most up to date information.

1 minute ago, JCB86 said:

I129f is for those not married. If you are a spouse, the I129f does not apply and you cannot file it. You have to pay the filing fee when you send the packet to USCIS. Use their website for the most up to date information.

We are not married, so it will apply. Just was a tad confused with the wording there, but I think your reply inadvertently answered my question :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
21 hours ago, TiiaChris said:

Just send them an email to the same address where you received the K1 instructions from they will give you an appointment right away. 😊

That did the trick! Thank you. Woke up this morning to return message letting me know appointments should be visible now. Scheduled for July 30th! Yay

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, TiiaChris said:

Just send them an email to the same address where you received the K1 instructions from they will give you an appointment right away. 😊

Ok so I fixed that part but now I need to do the premium delivery part and it won't let me past the enter UID section. It is so frustrating. Not sure who to call at this point. Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

@JCB86 when you flew over to the US on your K1 did you have any trouble with the airline being aware that K1 can travel without 3rd country route? Do I need to have my partner print out the state department info on it?

14 minutes ago, PostalDuchess said:

@JCB86 when you flew over to the US on your K1 did you have any trouble with the airline being aware that K1 can travel without 3rd country route? Do I need to have my partner print out the state department info on it?

Zero issues. He flew with Finnair and didn't have any problems. He had all the print outs anyways. He flew in JFK and they were super laid back, as well.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JCB86 said:

Zero issues. He flew with Finnair and didn't have any problems. He had all the print outs anyways. He flew in JFK and they were super laid back, as well.

That’s great to hear thank you. Mine is flying Finnair to CDG and then BA to LHR and IAD. Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, PostalDuchess said:

That’s great to hear thank you. Mine is flying Finnair to CDG and then BA to LHR and IAD. Fingers crossed. 

Busy day lol. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, JCB86 said:

Busy day lol. 

Very. He has only flow. About 4 times in his life so he’s nervous but that’s what was available so we are rolling with it. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi! Not exactly Finnish/American but I'm Finnish and my husband is an Indian citizen living in California for the last six years. He's a green card holder and will be applying for citizenship next year. Previously, he used to live in Singapore, I used to live in the UK, now I'm temporarily residing in Helsinki and we're waiting for me to be able to move to California (SF Bay Area). ☺️ Tsemppiä kaikille!

Married 03/18/2020
PD 06/15/2020
I-130 approved 06/17/2021
NVC sent 07/21/2021
DQ'd 10/06/2021
Interview 12/09/2021
Visa received 01/11/2022
Moved to the US 01/16/2022

6 minutes ago, Saana said:

Hi! Not exactly Finnish/American but I'm Finnish and my husband is an Indian citizen living in California for the last six years. He's a green card holder and will be applying for citizenship next year. Previously, he used to live in Singapore, I used to live in the UK, now I'm temporarily residing in Helsinki and we're waiting for me to be able to move to California (SF Bay Area). ☺️ Tsemppiä kaikille!

Hi Saana!!!! Welcome!!!! Glad you found your way here! Make sure you keep us updated on your process!

I-129F Petition
Service Center: Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am the Finn but born here / Grandma was a Niemi from Helsinki and came thru Canada at age 2 into Michigan 

there is a group called "i love my Finnish Heritage "  on Facebook and you can find many there especially living now in Michigan and around the world

helps many to adjust to cultural differences 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.