Returning your Green Card because of USCIS error. Form i90

140 posts in this topic

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Today went to the infopass appointment where I stamped my passport for another year. the IO mention that C21 is no where mentioned in the system and even if I didn't file to correct the problem I would never had a problem later. And the fact that C21 is not mentioned in the system makes this case an unusual one for USCIS IOs and confusing. He agreed that what I'm doing is the right thing, at least from moral perspective, but wasn't necessary.

Anyway, he gave another year in my passport and hand-wrote the category as C21 but mentioned that he can't change that in the system, only the service center supervisor can. Was bizarre to him that USCIS might have lost my original GC.

Also today the online status changed from Case Reopened to Request for Evidence Response Review. They received my response on Sept 30 and they only opened the envelope today...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Update:

I have to re-do my biometrics. :rofl:

Read online that it could be an error by USCIS. I wonder what do these guys really do.

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/some-biometric-appointment-notices-issued-error

Timeline

Today went to the infopass appointment where I stamped my passport for another year. the IO mention that C21 is no where mentioned in the system and even if I didn't file to correct the problem I would never had a problem later. And the fact that C21 is not mentioned in the system makes this case an unusual one for USCIS IOs and confusing. He agreed that what I'm doing is the right thing, at least from moral perspective, but wasn't necessary.

Anyway, he gave another year in my passport and hand-wrote the category as C21 but mentioned that he can't change that in the system, only the service center supervisor can. Was bizarre to him that USCIS might have lost my original GC.

Also today the online status changed from Case Reopened to Request for Evidence Response Review. They received my response on Sept 30 and they only opened the envelope today...

If it goes out of hand, i would contact my congressman/Senator if i were you and ask their office staff to get this sorted out. I have requested their help in the past when USCIS screwed up my PD in their system and repeated questions to confirm the PD in their system went nowhere and had to involve my congresswoman to find that and fix the issue.

Had to file FOIA and wasted about 2 months to get an answer from USCIS and when i went to my congresswoman, problem was found and fixed in a week.

Edited by vkrishn

Timeline

If it goes out of hand, i would contact my congressman/Senator if i were you and ask their office staff to get this sorted out. I have requested their help in the past when USCIS screwed up my PD in their system and repeated questions to confirm the PD in their system went nowhere and had to involve my congresswoman to find that and fix the issue.

Had to file FOIA and wasted about 2 months to get an answer from USCIS and when i went to my congresswoman, problem was found and fixed in a week.

What's a good way to contact the senator/congressman? Any samples from past experience?

Timeline

Go to

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and find your district congresswoman/man.

Go to their webpage and check out how to contact them regarding a federal government issue. Most likely they will have you fill out a form or a doc with list of questions and ask you to either email them the doc or fax it to a number or ask you to drop it off with some supporting documents regarding your issue.

Timeline

I was on H-1 visa and my company applied for my GC in Feb 2006 (my Priority Date) and they applied for my I-485 based on Visa Bulletin in July 2007. In August 2010, my PD became current and when i went to USCIS office to check on my case, they refused to confirm everything was all right. i went to my congresswoman's webpage filled out a form requesting assistance on a federal government issue (Immigration) and i got an email next day to come to their office with supporting docs. So i asked them to check the status of my case since PD was current and they came back told me my PD is not current. I went back to their office and gave them the docs and showed them that my PD was current and PD is Feb 2006.

I met her Immigration staff and she told me that she would get back in 2-3 days. After about 2 days her staff gave me a call and told me that she had faxed my supporting docs to USCIS (Nebraska Service Center) and i should get my GC in 1 week. Thats it i got it.

Apparently USCIS had my PD was Feb 2007 instead of Feb 2006 even though my I-140 and I485 receipt notices had Feb 2006 as my PD. I wouldn't have known this to be problem if i hadn't contacted my congresswoman's office to check on my case. Around the same time i filed FOIA and after about 2 months i got a CD from USCIS. It had snapshots of about 200 pages. Basically it showed the departments inside USCIS that my application went through and even the name of the IO who approved my case. In one of the snapshots i see a hand written message: "PD incorrect in USCIS system, Fix it!!!". I believe it was due to my congresswoman's office involvement.

I had also contacted my Senator's office by phone when i approached the congressman initially. Senator's office got in touch with my congresswoman's office and they told me to wait 15-20 days and told me to call them back if my congresswoman's office does not help me by that time.

End of the day, it required intervention from my congresswoman's office to get the PD problem sorted out.

Edited by vkrishn

Timeline

second biometric notice too -

Did you call them and check if its really needed?

http://www.uscis.gov...es-issued-error

Timeline

I did and they open a service request with NBC as even the L2 support IO couldn't tell if this was legit or done in error. According to the IO this was a request for picture only but couldn't tell much from the notice.

Apple21 - did you receive the notification letter yet? Is it for fingerprint + picture or just picture or smth else?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did and they open a service request with NBC as even the L2 support IO couldn't tell if this was legit or done in error. According to the IO this was a request for picture only but couldn't tell much from the notice.

Apple21 - did you receive the notification letter yet? Is it for fingerprint + picture or just picture or smth else?

I already have the letter on-hand. It doesn't say if its for fingerprint and/or picture. When I did my 1st biometrics, they took my fingerprint and photo.

The only difference I see is:

- on the 1st biometrics letter (on the upper right hand part, under Notice Date) it says CODE 2

- on the 2nd biometrics letter it says CODE 3

Timeline

Timeline

I had code 3 at my first appointment. By oct 16, according to IO, I should now if my appointment was done in error or if it is really required...

You'll find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow I shall do mine. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.