1,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Fellow March filers, here. Well, technically, we're February filers (February 27th) but NOA1 was issued on March 5th. Just a few days from the start of month four for us.

It's very depressing seeing both California Service Center petitions and Philippines petitions in both service centers get approved in such short order, when the rest of us here at the TSC are sitting with no end in sight. Something is broken at TSC and nobody is being given the answer. It's pathetic. We pay for this service, we deserve to know what the problem is and how it's being remedied. Instead, all we get is boilerplate responses. Unacceptable, but what can we do?

Boo and I were planning on Christmas together. That's not looking likely, now. :(

Timeline

Boo and I were planning on Christmas together. That's not looking likely, now. :(

I disagree, I reckon we'll be there for Christmas! Try to stay positive!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Fellow March filers, here. Well, technically, we're February filers (February 27th) but NOA1 was issued on March 5th. Just a few days from the start of month four for us.

It's very depressing seeing both California Service Center petitions and Philippines petitions in both service centers get approved in such short order, when the rest of us here at the TSC are sitting with no end in sight. Something is broken at TSC and nobody is being given the answer. It's pathetic. We pay for this service, we deserve to know what the problem is and how it's being remedied. Instead, all we get is boilerplate responses. Unacceptable, but what can we do?

We have almost identical timelines and being the agreeable sort that I am...I will go off script this once. I hope you are wrong concerning Christmas :)

Let's hope for October or so.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

We have almost identical timelines and being the agreeable sort that I am...I will go off script this once. I hope you are wrong concerning Christmas :)

Let's hope for October or so.

Same here, I'm hoping (and it's a big hope) for end of October/ Middle of November, :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Got our NOA1 on March 7th, still waiting for the NOA2 which seems to be taking forever :(

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?: No

Consulate: Morocco

I-129F Sent: 2014-03-01

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-07

I-129F RFE(s): None

I-129F NOA2: 2015-01-06

NVC Received: 2015-01-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2015-01-20

NVC Left: 2015-01-21

Consulate Received: 2015-01-23

Packet 3 Received: 2015-01-30

Interview Date: 2015-02-25

Interview Result: Administrative Review

Visa Received: 2015-04-03

US Entry: 2015-04-30

Marriage: 2015-05-30

Processing Estimates/Stats:

Your I-129f was approved in 305 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 355 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

OF COURSE we'll be there!!! Come on, Time to be positive. Yes it's torture but in reality, what's a few months compared to a lifetime with our loved ones? (It's ok, I'm trying to tell myself this too) :) We can do this!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Timeline

I have to admit though...even though I am prepared for a lengthy wait for our visa and am trying hard to be patient, seeing more and more 20-30 day approvals from CSC is really really starting to annoy me. I know I know, don't read them, but that doesn't mean they aren't still happening. It just boggles the mind to think that there can be such a huge disparity between the two centers. What genius decided to send all VSC petitions to Texas rather than splitting them up between the two? How can they not see the huge difference between the two or choose not to do something about it?

I also understand there are those that waited 5-8 months for their NOA2, and they should really feel worse than us, but why should we accept that? I don't want to wait that long just because they did...not when there are so many getting approved in freakin May already. Yes it has only been 3 months...BUT, it will be 6, if not more, when all is said in done probably...I am looking ahead..lol.

Some folks say, what's a few months when we are going to spend the rest of our lives together...ok, I agree...but what's a few months when it could be a few weeks instead?

They say we are all in this together...no we aren't. We are in two different worlds. I don't care if TSC may be 2 weeks 3 years from now...doesn't affect me or any of you. CSC is on another planet.

One other thing then I will step down and back up and breathe:

I mentioned value in another thread and have been thinking of some analogies that fall in line with that statement...food for thought

1. You live in New York and others live in California. Everyone from those two states orders a product from Amazon (same item) and pays $15.00 for shipping which is 5-7 days (disclaimer says to expect 7). Everyone in California receives theirs in 2-3 days while everyone in New York receives theirs in 7-10 days and all products are shipped from St. Louis.

2. Same scenario but this time everyone buys a DVD from an Ebay seller in the same city. Everyone pays 25.00 for the DVD (I know, expensive but bear with me). Everyone in CA receives the unedited, full length directors cut Blu Ray and everyone in New York receives the made for TV version with commercials.

3. Everyone on your street buys a fridge from Best Buy and pays $50.00 delivery fee. Everyone on the other side of the street gets the fridge delivered next business day while everyone on your side of the block has to wit 2 weeks due to back orders.

4. Want to board early on your next flight? Pay for first class. You get to board before everyone else...but you paid extra for it....we all paid the same but because we are wearing Hawaiian shirts, we have to wait for others to board first :)

Yes there are exceptions and I realize some in CSC are waiting a while too but I suggest that maybe there are problems with the petitions (country, security checks, etc.) or they simply fell through the cracks.

Just with those 4 scenarios, how would you feel or react? Wouldn't think you were receiving much value for what you paid for would you? Yeah yeah, I know...they say 5 months but they say that for everyone...yet it only applies to half of us hence the examples above. There are many more I thought of but did not want to drag it out more than I already have.

I truly love my state of Texas but they are a serious disappointment regarding this process.

Ok I am done...back to waiting. BTW, is there a way to block threads? I know I should just avoid them but it is difficult to as there may be something of value in them but then, bam, another one mentioning their 20 day approval...I would rather block them so I can avoid more salt in the wounds :)

Edited by Texasav8r

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

event.png

Timeline

Some of us have written to the powers-that-be. Maybe that might make some difference. But we must keep the pressure up. Maybe write to the TSC Director and flood her office with our grievance. This discrepancy is simply unacceptable, and it depresses me to think I should temper my plight with feeling good for the CSC filers. Frankly, I don't feel good for them -- I don't really have the time; I am too busy being appalled at the discrepancy!

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Timeline

Some of us have written to the powers-that-be. Maybe that might make some difference. But we must keep the pressure up. Maybe write to the TSC Director and flood her office with our grievance. This discrepancy is simply unacceptable, and it depresses me to think I should temper my plight with feeling good for the CSC filers. Frankly, I don't feel good for them -- I don't really have the time; I am too busy being appalled at the discrepancy!

Valid point.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Feb 28th filer, received my NOA1 on March 8th, and in limbo in TSC. Texasav8r, we have idential dates :). Been in stealth mode but making my first post.

Does anyone know which month TSC is processing right now? Last I heard it was November and December of 2013, but I'm hoping that has changed.

Also, in reading several posts about TSC, it seems to be notorious for being slow and not really giving a damn. Why hasn't anyone started a petition for all the members who are overdue on their wait time to sign and submit it as a group? I definitely think there is strength in numbers and by us being silent, this broken system will continue on and on..

Would you guys be interested in doing a group petition for those who are past the five month wait? Since folks on here are relatively close in their submission dates, I think we can get something going when the time comes.

Thanks and good luck to all of us!

I'm not sure why poster's keep asking/saying a particular month that TSC is processing. I don't think they are processing any certain month. My friend sent his petition paperwork in February and was approved in 20 days. I sent mine in March and am still waiting. If you look at people's time lines there have been approvals all over the span of several months at TSC. Some are fast some are slow. Could just mean you ended up on the wrong person's desk, or maybe certain country's just take longer - red flag countries... I've seen timelines from TSC where people have gotten 11 day approvals and the whole thing completed in 95 days. I've seen other's still waiting for NAO2 approval for many months. Just my 2 cents... While I wait LOL

Timeline

I'm not sure why poster's keep asking/saying a particular month that TSC is processing. I don't think they are processing any certain month. My friend sent his petition paperwork in February and was approved in 20 days. I sent mine in March and am still waiting. If you look at people's time lines there have been approvals all over the span of several months at TSC. Some are fast some are slow. Could just mean you ended up on the wrong person's desk, or maybe certain country's just take longer - red flag countries... I've seen timelines from TSC where people have gotten 11 day approvals and the whole thing completed in 95 days. I've seen other's still waiting for NAO2 approval for many months. Just my 2 cents... While I wait LOL

While I agre with you on the asking about dates, I have to disagree with your assessment of TSC approvals being all over the place. They are very consistent and that would be on the slow end of the spectrum. I have only seen one, maybe two, quick approvals from the TSC. One was Russian and that was probably because the agent saw similar flag colors to the Philippines and expedited it by mistake lol. Kidding of course. Seriously though, the only fast approvals are those expedites from the Philippines. Everyone else is more than 4 months. You suggested that you look at timelines and see them all over. The unfortunate part of that is over 40% of the timelines are incorrect regarding where they were processed. Many people put TSC simply because they mailed to the Texas lock box and never bothered to change it to CSC when they were routed there. The last 7 of the last 15 TSC approvals were wrong. That should tell you something.

If you have time and want to check it out for yourself, look at Igor's list at the TSC approvals over the past couple of months and look at the petitioner's state of residence. Then look at the attached map and if their state is red, they should have CSC on their timeline. You will also see many transfers to CSC which is also incorrect. You will see what I mean.

Enjoy :)

post-179327-0-84642200-1401950137_thumb.jpg

event.png

Timeline

Feb 28th filer, received my NOA1 on March 8th, and in limbo in TSC. Texasav8r, we have idential dates :). Been in stealth mode but making my first post.

Does anyone know which month TSC is processing right now? Last I heard it was November and December of 2013, but I'm hoping that has changed.

Also, in reading several posts about TSC, it seems to be notorious for being slow and not really giving a damn. Why hasn't anyone started a petition for all the members who are overdue on their wait time to sign and submit it as a group? I definitely think there is strength in numbers and by us being silent, this broken system will continue on and on..

Would you guys be interested in doing a group petition for those who are past the five month wait? Since folks on here are relatively close in their submission dates, I think we can get something going when the time comes.

Thanks and good luck to all of us!

Hi Chuhyongyi,

Welcome aboard. I am not sure what month they are processing but I am pretty sure they are about 4 months behind CSC and have 2x the backlog (8000 vs 4000).

I believe there was a forum post with a link to a WH petition a week or so ago. I was number 45 to sign it.

You should fill out your timeline so we can follow your progress. When you get a chance of course :).

Good luck to you!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Yes, I realize that there is no logic or reason in the way TSC processes K1 applications and there is no way anyone with a brain can understand. That is very obvious if you read any of the thread here.

However, they do move, slowly. Majority of approvals or NOA2s coming from certain months. I saw one of the thread here about a month ago indicating they started on November/December filings. So, this lines up with what Texasav8r is saying, delay of approximately four months, which means they are still on Nov/Dec as their major processing months.

Sending a petition to the WH might be a bit too much and I'm not sure if any action will result from it. Rather, I'm thinking about filling this form out if/when I reach the 5 month average time.

https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

We should all file this at the 5 month mark, as well as send a petition with all our names to our local represatitives. Just trying to do constructive rather than get on this site only to vent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I realize that there is no logic or reason in the way TSC processes K1 applications and there is no way anyone with a brain can understand. That is very obvious if you read any of the thread here.

However, they do move, slowly. Majority of approvals or NOA2s coming from certain months. I saw one of the thread here about a month ago indicating they started on November/December filings. So, this lines up with what Texasav8r is saying, delay of approximately four months, which means they are still on Nov/Dec as their major processing months.

Sending a petition to the WH might be a bit too much and I'm not sure if any action will result from it. Rather, I'm thinking about filling this form out if/when I reach the 5 month average time.

https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

We should all file this at the 5 month mark, as well as send a petition with all our names to our local represatitives. Just trying to do constructive rather than get on this site only to vent.

Baaaaaaaad idea, that's akin to pressing a shiny red button you really shouldn't press until you've exhausted ALL your options.

You contact the Ombudsman AFTER you've waited past normal processing time (5 months + up to 30 days) and after you've opened a service request with USCIS and it fails.

Seriously, don't do that.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.