benjorie

abandoned child of US Citizen

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What the consul was thinking..... where did the embassy's learn that your son has a USC father in the first place? Is he listed on the birth certificate as such?

(I am husband to benjorie here in US)

Affirmative helpful Hank_. (Yes.)

His information is on there and he signed it and checked the box stating he is the culprit responsible.

He signed in his name clearly on the NSO birth certificate that we have and put his profession and full name

There are pictures with them together before and they had a place together.

I....also...was wondering what the embassy was thinking, though, I trust the Almighty GOD is able to remedy this shortly.

(Translation below)

Yes.

NSO birth certificate signed by him clearly.

He checked box that he is the biological "father"

His profession is listed along with his first, middle, and last name.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

(I am husband to benjorie here in US)

Affirmative helpful Hank_. (Yes.)

His information is on there and he signed it and checked the box stating he is the culprit responsible.

He signed in his name clearly on the NSO birth certificate that we have and put his profession and full name

There are pictures with them together before and they had a place together.

I....also...was wondering what the embassy was thinking, though, I trust the Almighty GOD is able to remedy this shortly.

(Translation below)

Yes.

NSO birth certificate signed by him clearly.

He checked box that he is the biological "father"

His profession is listed along with his first, middle, and last name.

Not sure what the embassy is thinking either, without the bio-father signing the required forms CRBA isn't happening ... embassy sometimes does the weirdest things. I hope it gets remedied very soon for you all as well.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go thru with CRBA, a denial is already expected anyway because according to you the bio father is no where to be found so he can't sign the forms. The consul will downright deny CRBA upon interview the minute you explain the situation.

Once CRBA is denied, the child can chase the IR2.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Not likely... as in don't hold your breath on that one. The USC bio-father abandoned the child, so there is no real way of proving the child is a USC. Her husband is not the father of the child. The consulate will NOT automatically deny a CR-2 in this situation, and a IR/CR-2 is the only way the child can legally enter the USA.

Very likely. This is what happend to me (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/) and here (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/495655-my-step-son-denied-cr2-at-interview-saying-he-is-usc-though-abandoned-3-years-ago-by-usc/)

I am not sure how you can complete CRBA without the bio-father.

ACS doesn't need it completed, USCIS just wants to see if it is approved or denied.

If you can get the USC bio-father involved then you can complete CRBA, otherwise this is a lost cause.

Aas mentioned above, USCIS needs to determine if the child has a claim to citizenship. If there is a "no-claim" letter issued, USCIS can continue with the CR-2.

Not sure what the embassy is thinking either, without the bio-father signing the required forms CRBA isn't happening ... embassy sometimes does the weirdest things. I hope it gets remedied very soon for you all as well.

It's not weird: By law they can not issue an immigrant visa to a USC (wouldn't make sense, too). That's why they need clarification, of the child's potential citizenship claim. This is a consular and not USCIS procedure.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Go thru with CRBA, a denial is already expected anyway because according to you the bio father is no where to be found so he can't sign the forms. The consul will downright deny CRBA upon interview the minute you explain the situation.

Once CRBA is denied, the child can chase the IR2.

Thank you Apple21 for the information...its a great relief...Thanks and bless you for the shared info.

thank you Mark88 and Hank for the shared information.

its a great relief for me as a mom and a wife to know that there's a way on us to be completely together as family.

LORD willing everything is gonna be alright.

Bless you both for doing so...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright.

Flew my wife (benjorie on visajourney) and son (step-son, though I call son) via Cebu Pacific Airlines to Cebu to go see the u.s. consulate instead of going to Manila.

(Manila had no appointments available online over a 2 year span but it appears their appointment system was experienceing difficulties)

In Cebu she walked in and around 7 am she didn't see a long line at the Waterfront Hotel where the u.s. consulate was located.

Only 4 people waiting and then a bit later some others did straggle in, though, nothing remotely close to u.s. embassy Manila.

My wife & son stayed at the Crowne Garden Hotel (on Salinas drive) and were easily able to walk to the Waterfront Hotel without difficulty.

(Difficulty = taxi driver circling (to drive up the price) then demanding outrageous amounts while claiming he was "lost" when the destination on any smart phone (with GPS app) will show he really did clrcles and the destination was a few streets away)

My wife arrived and said,

"so glad today went well...at first, the consulate didnt accept the CRBA, but when explained that son is abandoned and no news where is the abandoning "father" he (officer at u.s. consulate Cebu) let me sit down to talk to their head."

"glad when talking to the head consulate she's a foreigner woman" (not a filipina)
"told her about it then she write what i said...she want me to check on the CR2 case of son.
"I told her (Cebu consulate head) that the immigration officer at the visa interview (9 May, 2014 in u.s. embassy Manila) said to go to ACS (American Citizen Services on the second floor (u.s. embassy manila)) window 1, but, security and another woman there in Manila refused to allow access to 2nd floor, even though interviewing officer said to go to ACS upstairs himself. Woman and security said have to have appointment there in Manila so I tried there."
"she (Cebu head of consulate) called the ACS Manila about it. and they told her to just let me apply the CRBA (Citizen Report of Birth Abroad) and if denied then can resume the (cr = Conditional Resident) cr2 application of son."
"she wanted to see if i have pictures gathered and prenatal stuff thats why i came back to hotel because i forgot it...
"they want me come back tomorrow but its 9am yet so i came back inside again and said can i just go back today...so then i did go back and give all the papers i had."
"after showing her what I had she was satisfied with what i give so she let me pay the 4500php to file the CRBA application"
"then had me sign something and told me she will forward it to Manila then can received email or text next week on the result of it"
"I gave her the affidavit of mother and affidavit of fact" (statements made long ago describing in great detail the situation and notarizing it)
"she asked me though if did he (the abandoning "father") sign a child support I told her no."

"all they want to have is the passport copy and his income tax or other residence he got..."
"told them I dont have any copy of it.."
"she didnt asked for more though because i told her after son is 10 months old I dont have any information from the one that abandoned him"

"I asked if the CR2 can resume she said yes...and can show to the immigrant the CRBA denied.. or accepted if it is."

(end of wife quotation of the event with the u.s. consulate, located in the Waterfront Cebu Hotel off of Salinas drive (not the Waterfront Airport Hotel by the airport Cebu)

So at least the process that was seemingly at a complete stand still was able to be set back into motion (Thank the LORD for it all!!!) by going to Cebu and no appointment needed at all.

Glad for all the help here which cleared up the muddied water that is "immigration process."

Big step forward!! Very happy for you all!

Congrats! :dancing:

Thank you and sure appreciated the feedback and detailed help from all that were able and willingly did so.

Seems many want to help but don't really know themselves how to do so properly.

Wanted to post the interaction with the consulate so others know what to expect as well.

Hank_ :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Mark88 :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Merrytooth for the link :thumbs:

apple21 :thumbs:

Bless you for helping to ease the burden on the mind of my wife, which in return allows our family harmony through your efforts.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This forum/thread is really a big help :)

I learned a lot today reading this :)

my k1 visa and my son k2 visa is hold due to crba and my son father is rejecting and not cooperating to provide the documents we need and now we know that after the crba is denied we can Continue the k2 visa for my son :) thank you guys for sharing your experiences :) Maria

my k1 visa and my son k2 visa is hold due to crba and my son father is rejecting and not cooperating to provide the documents we need and now we know that after the crba is denied we can Continue the k2 visa for my son :) thank you guys for sharing your experiences :) Maria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.