benjorie

abandoned child of US Citizen

31 posts in this topic

hello my 4 y.o son is abandoned by his bio-dad who happens to be American,left him behind for almost 3 years...and no news already from him.

is there any ways i can bring my son with me to US knowing its hard for me to apply CRBA?

PLEASE NEED ANBOBY'S IDEA...tnx..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello my 4 y.o son is abandoned by his bio-dad who happens to be American,left him behind for almost 3 years...and no news already from him.

is there any ways i can bring my son with me to US knowing its hard for me to apply CRBA?

PLEASE NEED ANBOBY'S IDEA...tnx..

Without the USC bio-father involved I don't see how you can complete CRBA. Did you husband list your son on the I-130 petition? That is how he would be brought to the USA as an IR/CR-2

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

If the father is a USC you will have to file a CRBA first. Depending if it's appproved or denied, you will then either receive a US passport for your child, or will be able to file for a CR-2 visa.

The consulate will automatically deny a CR-2 if their is a potential claim to USC, so do this first.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

ive been petitioned by my husband as CR1 and my son as CR2 but during the interview they said that my son should be registered to CRBA not us immigrant. Told them that my son has been left abandoned by his bio-father but the consul still wants my son to go to ACS for this concern.

ive been petitioned by my husband as CR1 and my son as CR2 but during the interview they said that my son should be registered to CRBA not us immigrant. Told them that my son has been left abandoned by his bio-father but the consul still wants my son to go to ACS for this concern.

we have already papers sent to USEM of CR2 for my son...you think they will hold it until we know what will be the result to CRBA?

or we will start again applying CR2?

really do look forward to be complete family with my husband.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Seems to be the same case... All the answers given in the other thread apply here. Hope you have a smooth journey

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Timeline

If the father is a USC you will have to file a CRBA first. Depending if it's appproved or denied, you will then either receive a US passport for your child, or will be able to file for a CR-2 visa.

The consulate will automatically deny a CR-2 if their is a potential claim to USC, so do this first.

Not likely... as in don't hold your breath on that one. The USC bio-father abandoned the child, so there is no real way of proving the child is a USC. Her husband is not the father of the child. The consulate will NOT automatically deny a CR-2 in this situation, and a IR/CR-2 is the only way the child can legally enter the USA.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thank you actually the one who asked a question (iamatemple) is my husband...

hopefully the CR2 will be reactivated once denied on CRBA.

thanks a bunch folks.

Timeline

we have already papers sent to USEM of CR2 for my son...you think they will hold it until we know what will be the result to CRBA?

I am not sure how you can complete CRBA without the bio-father. If they request DNA testing how will you get this done without the bio-father? How can you get the CRBA forms completed without the bio-father's signature and personal information? ... I think the embassy was not paying attention on this one and for some stupid reason believe your husband to be the father.

I think this was one sleeping dog that should have been left laying and not mentioned at all.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

In this checklist is the "kicker":

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/pdfs/Citizenship%20-%20CRBA%20Checklist%20for%20MANILA%20applicants%20-%20Revised%20July%2012-2013.pdf

 “Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support” (DS-5507).
If the parents were not married at the time of the birth of the applicant and the father is the U.S. citizen, the father must complete the Form DS-5507. Do not sign the document if the father will be present at the interview. If the father will not be
present, the father must sign the form (signature is required on pages 3 and 4) and get it notarized by a U.S. commissioned
notary. If the father is deceased, you will need to submit an original death certificate and photocopy. For a death that
occurred in the Philippines, we require an NSO death certificate. Download the Form DS-5507 from
*** and this:
 Evidence of parents’ U.S. citizenship
The U.S. citizen parent(s) must present his/her current and expired U.S. passports and a photocopy of each passport and
each page. We will accept a notarized copy of the current U.S. passport and its pages in lieu of the original. (Note: we only
accept documents notarized by a U.S. commissioned notary). If the U.S. citizen parent was naturalized, he/she must bring
the original Certificate of Naturalization.
Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thank you Hank....

thats what keep on bothering us. we already dont know where was this man. And not worth to mention and worth to locate him again knowing his an irresponsible father.

i dont know what the consul was thinking...

hopefully this will be resolved so well...

thanks once again.

Timeline

The embassy needs to get their head wrapped around the fact that your husband is NOT the father and that the father is not in the picture at all...

If you can get the USC bio-father involved then you can complete CRBA, otherwise this is a lost cause.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

thank you Hank....

thats what keep on bothering us. we already dont know where was this man. And not worth to mention and worth to locate him again knowing his an irresponsible father.

i dont know what the consul was thinking...

hopefully this will be resolved so well...

thanks once again.

What the consul was thinking..... where did the embassy's learn that your son has a USC father in the first place? Is he listed on the birth certificate as such?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.