kelliejane

DV2015 Winner... Some queries

118 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

hi my case number is 2015AF00040XXX,when can i expect an interview,and what is the latest date for me to submit my DS260 form?

April or may 2015

Ds260 application started on the 19th may 2015...

Take your time to make sure you don't submit any mistakes even if you delay it with few months you will still have your interview in april\ may ...

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Thnx Vladek15425 for your reply,i was worried that if i delay submitting my DS260 form my interview date will be affected by this.So the DS260 form can be submitted at anytime until September 2015?

Technically yes, but they need usually 2-3 months to process the forms and schedule interviews. You will only have an interview scheduled once they have processed the form, so yes if you leave it very late it will delay your interview. With your number you can easily wait till the end of this year or probably early next year without it affecting your earliest possible interview date.

Interviews and visa issuance for DV2014 will carry on till 30th September 2014.

Interviews for the DV2015 will start ONLY in October 2014. Depending on the case number, people who would have applied by that time would get their interviews scheduled based on their case rank number.

Not everyone who has sent forms back by then will have an interview date scheduled. Only those with case numbers below the first cut offs will have. These first cutoffs (ie the case numbers that will be current in October) will be announced in the September visa bulletin, which will be released around 10 August. The monthly progression of case numbers during the course of the fiscal year depends partly on the number of people who have returned forms as well as actual outcomes of interviews in terms of success and refusal rates, as well as no-shows.

(You may know this, but from your statement it sounded like everyone who had sent in a form by October would know their interview date. I just wanted to clarify that this won't be the case in case others misinterpret that statement.)

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline

Not everyone who has sent forms back by then will have an interview date scheduled. Only those with case numbers below the first cut offs will have. These first cutoffs (ie the case numbers that will be current in October) will be announced in the September visa bulletin, which will be released around 10 August. The monthly progression of case numbers during the course of the fiscal year depends partly on the number of people who have returned forms as well as actual outcomes of interviews in terms of success and refusal rates, as well as no-shows.

(You may know this, but from your statement it sounded like everyone who had sent in a form by October would know their interview date. I just wanted to clarify that this won't be the case in case others misinterpret that statement.)

And if the monthly cutoff is higher than a case number which hasn't filled the form? Will it be scheduled later?

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline

April or may 2015

Ds260 application started on the 19th may 2015...

Take your time to make sure you don't submit any mistakes even if you delay it with few months you will still have your interview in april\ may ...

How do you calculate the timings? To others with lower number they said more further dates..

BTW my case ends in 33xxx, any thoughts on this too?

How do you calculate the timings? To others with lower number they said more further dates..

BTW my case ends in 33xxx, any thoughts on this too?

You have to understand the numbers are by region. Vladdy was talking about someone with an AF40k number - you are presumably an EU number. When you quote your number make sure you include the region and year - so you should write it as 2015EU33XXX.

Based on the assumption yours in EU - you should be interviewed about June/July next year.

And if the monthly cutoff is higher than a case number which hasn't filled the form? Will it be scheduled later?

After the person submits the forms and those forms are processed (typically 4 to 6 weeks), then yes they could be scheduled later.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey people , I have been selected for further processing for the 2015 DV lottery. My case number is 2015AF000072xx, Can someone tell me when I should be expecting my interview?

August\september 2015

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Vladex, how can I have my interview August/September 2015 when my case number is early? 2015AF000072xx. You just told some who is in the 40xxx range that his/her should be expecting their interview April/May. I'm confused.

Vladek read your number as 72k range - not 7k range.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.