kelliejane

DV2015 Winner... Some queries

118 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

In October Visa bulletin i see this but i could not understand the issue. Can you please explain it?

"D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

INDIA Employment-based Second Preference: Increased demand will require the retrogression of this cut-off date, possibly in November, to hold number use within the fiscal year 2015 annual limit."

Hi,

In October Visa bulletin i see this but i could not understand the issue. Can you please explain it?

"D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

INDIA Employment-based Second Preference: Increased demand will require the retrogression of this cut-off date, possibly in November, to hold number use within the fiscal year 2015 annual limit."

It's got nothing to do with DV...either you are posting in the wrong forum or don't need to worry about it. If the former please use the search function to find the correct forum. Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Adald,

According to their website you don't have to provide the police certificate for your period of residency in the US

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States.

Edited by Jarodca

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

My case number is 2015AF000011**, i still didn't receive an interview schedule yet though. According to last years, i should expect an interview by October-November. i've spoken with ther KCC last month, they just told me to wait. Do you think it's normal ? i'm a bit scared that i did something wrong. Guys please help. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi, I'm from Ghana and has won the 2015 DV lottery with CN 2015AF00003xxx and I want to know when likely I'll be doing my interview. Also I would want to know when I can do my medicals? thanks

Hi, I'm from Ghana and has won the 2015 DV lottery with CN 2015AF00003xxx and I want to know when likely I'll be doing my interview. Also I would want to know when I can do my medicals? thanks

When did you submit your DS260? Your number has been current since this month so the only reason for delay would be that they have not finished processing your forms yet. Have you checked the website (where you got your selection letter) for an update? The emails to alert people of the updates sometimes go astray/end up in junk folders esc.

Usually one can only book medicals once you have your interview notification.

Timeline

hi, my case number is 2015AF00003XXX, I'm from Ghana and I wanna know when it is likely I'll have my interview. I completed my DS 260 form with my spouse two weeks ago. Thank you

Timeline

When did you submit your DS260? Your number has been current since this month so the only reason for delay would be that they have not finished processing your forms yet. Have you checked the website (where you got your selection letter) for an update? The emails to alert people of the updates sometimes go astray/end up in junk folders esc.

Usually one can only book medicals once you have your interview notification.

I submitted two weeks ago and I have been checking my emails but nothing is there. My marital status has changed after winning and I want my wife to immigrate later to join me, can you please help with an info or advise so we successfully get our visas. Thank you

I submitted two weeks ago and I have been checking my emails but nothing is there. My marital status has changed after winning and I want my wife to immigrate later to join me, can you please help with an info or advise so we successfully get our visas. Thank you

You'll need to wait 2-3 months for them to process your DS260. I presume you have listed her as a dependent on your form and submitted one for her too. The consulate will want to see proof that it is not just a green card marriage so anything you can bring to show it is a genuine relationship, including photos of you together at different places/times, wedding photos, maybe call or facebook chats, if you lived together mail to both of you at the same address, etc.

It will also be much easier and cheaper to get your wife a DV visa with you than to sponsor her to immigrate later.

Timeline

You'll need to wait 2-3 months for them to process your DS260. I presume you have listed her as a dependent on your form and submitted one for her too. The consulate will want to see proof that it is not just a green card marriage so anything you can bring to show it is a genuine relationship, including photos of you together at different places/times, wedding photos, maybe call or facebook chats, if you lived together mail to both of you at the same address, etc.

It will also be much easier and cheaper to get your wife a DV visa with you than to sponsor her to immigrate later.

Hello, I will like to find out if my spouse can immigrate to join me 2 months after I immigrate to the US, she's in final year in the university and she'll want to graduate before immigrating. If yes, how do I go about it? thanks

Hello, I will like to find out if my spouse can immigrate to join me 2 months after I immigrate to the US, she's in final year in the university and she'll want to graduate before immigrating. If yes, how do I go about it? thanks

First, I'm assuming you have listed her on your DS260 and sent one in for her, and assuming you are the winner (as derivatives can only enter with or after the winner).

The answer kind of depends on when your interview is and when she graduates.

If she graduates less than 6 months after your interview (because immigrant visas usually have a 6-month expiry) easy, you both go to the interview and get visas, you enter first, she then goes when she she's graduated as long as it is before visa expiry.

If she will only graduate after the visa expires, I still suggest she goes with for the interview and gets a visa, then briefly enters with you (this activates her permanent resident status) goes back home to graduate and then makes the final move. She will have up to a year to re-enter without any problems. Although this does mean you will have to pay the cost of an extra airfare, I believe the ease of doing it this way far outweighs the hassle of having to sponsor her as a spouse after you get your green card, which will be expensive, a hassle and could take around two years after you file the petition for her to actually be able to move to the US.

Timeline

First, I'm assuming you have listed her on your DS260 and sent one in for her, and assuming you are the winner (as derivatives can only enter with or after the winner).

The answer kind of depends on when your interview is and when she graduates.

If she graduates less than 6 months after your interview (because immigrant visas usually have a 6-month expiry) easy, you both go to the interview and get visas, you enter first, she then goes when she she's graduated as long as it is before visa expiry.

If she will only graduate after the visa expires, I still suggest she goes with for the interview and gets a visa, then briefly enters with you (this activates her permanent resident status) goes back home to graduate and then makes the final move. She will have up to a year to re-enter without any problems. Although this does mean you will have to pay the cost of an extra airfare, I believe the ease of doing it this way far outweighs the hassle of having to sponsor her as a spouse after you get your green card, which will be expensive, a hassle and could take around two years after you file the petition for her to actually be able to move to the US.

Thank you SusueQQQ, one more question...sorry for asking too many questions tho but I have already sent the DS 260 for both me and my spouse and I indicated that my wife will immigrate to join me later, I wanna find out if we will go for interview separately and what documents will I need to convince the consular that the marriage is genuine...we have wedding pictures, family gathering pictures...are they enough? thanks

Thank you SusueQQQ, one more question...sorry for asking too many questions tho but I have already sent the DS 260 for both me and my spouse and I indicated that my wife will immigrate to join me later, I wanna find out if we will go for interview separately and what documents will I need to convince the consular that the marriage is genuine...we have wedding pictures, family gathering pictures...are they enough? thanks

Can you explain a bit about what you mean by interview separately, how many months apart, how much later? Do you have a low case number?

You can always contact KCC to say that you want to change that bit on your form. Remember to include your full name, date of birth and case number on any correspondence you send them.

Your evidence sounds ok, the more the better.

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

You seem to have much of a handle on this particular forum :D

I am a bit worried, My CN is quite high 2015AF00061XXX, I submitted my DS-260 in June 24th 2014 after I got married (my wife and I).

--> Thus, I Have three (3) questions :

1 - I didn't receive my 2nd notification letter, is it normal ?

2- Is it possible for me not to get an interview regarding my high CN (my country holds only 220 winners) ?

3 - If I'll have an interview, when would that be ?

Thank you guys for your support :)

Edited by PROXIMA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.