12 posts in this topic

Hey

so upset. husband just got out of interview and got a 221g

on the paper it requests a lsit of 30 wedding attendees

and what makes me more angry is that is says "guests NOT related to you or petitioner"

well - who do they think came to the wedding!

nearly all peoples are related to us

so what counts? aunts uncles etc.

however - you know how it is - cousins of cousins and uncles of uncles come

where do we draw the line?

If we submit this does this mean most likely we will be approved? Is this a tactic thats used simply to stall things so they investigate more? im not quite sure what to think of this. has anyone else ever received this?

i really dont get it. we had a court marriage and then did a ceremony at a temple for our own memories. they are requiring us to give the list based on the cememony - the one that had NO LEGAL SIGNIFICANCE.

does anyone know how long it takes for this to clear if after we submit the list? is this a quick thing or is this gonna be a few more months!

thanks

sam

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know anything about 221(g)s and I don't know much about Indian consulates, so I can't say much that's useful. Just that I really hope everything turns out ok. Since you are clearly in a bona fide relationship, I'm sure it will. (F)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't know anything about 221(g)s and I don't know much about Indian consulates, so I can't say much that's useful. Just that I really hope everything turns out ok. Since you are clearly in a bona fide relationship, I'm sure it will. (F)

And I thought Casablanca was nuts! How can they tell you who can and cannot be on a guest list? What if you only had 15 non related guests?? Good Grief. Maybe you need to contact a congressman/senator. Hopefully someone will log in soon with more helpful advice. I just want to say, man, sorry to hear about this. Hope it is an easy fix for you.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Huh....that totally sucks, how could they do that?? I wonder, if you just made up the names - say...put some of your friends' names who didn't attend your wedding- would they know? I don't think they would call them one by one, asking if they really attended the wedding....

And now I wonder if I misunderstood the whole problem...... anyways.... I hope everything will be ok soon.....

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

Detty:

you understand exactly.

your question is my question exactly

i kind of feel like there was something that they needed/wanted to checkout, maybe verifying a document or something. instead of just saying they would get back to us on it they gave us busy work.

we do have to provide with the list of names and a copy of thier voters card or ration card. so we cant just make the list up. or i guess we cant make it up without thier permission .......

anyways we have plently of people to list.

but this just feels like a stupid step!

i dont know why this happened

sam

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Please anyone who has had a 221g respond to me with thier experience.

my husband received 221g requesting a list of wedding attendees

thanks

sam

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks

sam

i don't know really whu they ask about this

i get 221g but the CO say that i have to wait for admenisstration check and it will take 2 months not it's been longer

what i can say you (must ) contact your gongressman

he will help you and give you all the information that you want

wish to hear good news soon

thanks

sam

I'm sure you'll get responses from some who have had a 221g, but you may be hard pressed to find someone in your exact situation (requesting wedding attendees). Regardless, you're going to have to do what they ask and get the list together - a list of people who attended your wedding that are not related to you. If you're not sure, contact your relatives who came, ask them if they brought anyone. Also, did you have a guest book that might help?

Or is there another reason that this is difficult for you to do?

SA4userbar.jpg

Its not difficult to comply with. i already have the list.

im submitting the info for it tomorrow.

my questions are related to WHY they asked for this.

my suspicion of it being a stalling tactic

is this representative of a bigger problem.......possibly leading to more troubles.

They gave me no timeline of when i will hear from them.

so i have no goal date of when the step will be completed.

i was hoping to find people that had similar happen to them so i would know if this is something serious or just minor. i really dont know what to make of it

sam

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You might find more information here:

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/refusals221g.html

Refusals

221(g)

Applicants are ineligible under section 221(g) because the applicant failed to bring some information or document, or some further procedure or review by our office or another U.S. government agency must be completed.

Please follow these instructions for a 221(g) refusal:

1.If you have been requested to wait until the Consulate contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Consulate will contact you once this has been completed.

2.If you have applied in Chennai and were issued a 221(g) letter and asked to come back when you are prepared with all the required documents, please do not make an appointment. You may appear at the Consulate on any working Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday in the morning (between 10:00 and 12:00). If your visa was not issued under section 221(g), you are required to fill out a new application form when you reapply.

3. If your visa was denied under section 221(g) at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi, or the Consulates General in Mumbai or Kolkatta, and you are instructed to reapply in Chennai, you must complete the following steps to be seen for an interview in Chennai.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Give them what they want and follow their instructions on turning it in, at the same time contact Senator and ask that they inquire about your case. It worked for me, but I was at a different consulate. Hope this helps, wish you luck.

Bonnie

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

Its not difficult to comply with. i already have the list.

im submitting the info for it tomorrow.

my questions are related to WHY they asked for this.

my suspicion of it being a stalling tactic

is this representative of a bigger problem.......possibly leading to more troubles.

They gave me no timeline of when i will hear from them.

so i have no goal date of when the step will be completed.

i was hoping to find people that had similar happen to them so i would know if this is something serious or just minor. i really dont know what to make of it

sam

My guess, and you should take this with a huge grain of salt, is that they're using the size of the wedding as a proxy to determine whether the relationship is real, or for immigration purposes.

One of my close friends here immigrated from India when he was small, and he's said in the past, when discussing weddings, that in India, weddings are huge. 450 guests to him is an average wedding, because weddings are completely reciprocal, and the sort of thing you invite the whole neighborhood to.

The officer's reasoning might be this: If this is legitimate marriage, then they will have had the gigantic celebration common to wedding around here. If they haven't had a large celebration, then maybe the relationship is fraudulent, because who would want the whole community to come to a marriage that wasn't for anything except getting to the U.S.?

That's what went through my mind when I read your original post, that they were trying to use the wedding as a way to gauge the family's support of and the legitimacy of the relationship.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.