vladek15425

Dv2015 high cn report here !

213 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

EU10xxx

You'll definitely get the interview... that's a really low number :)

What were last year's numbers?

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Hi guys,

This is my first time applying to the DV lottery. My case number is AF84XXX. Its a pretty high number.

- Could I have an interview (I am from Tunisia) ? If yes I guess it would be around September 2015, right ?

- I was checking the visa bulletin of last years and I saw that generally in the months of August/September they put "Current". What does "Current" means ? Does it mean that everybody WILL be interviewed? Or its simply everybody MAY be interviewed ?

Thank you

It means they think they have enough visas for everyone left so everyone who has sent in forms gets scheduled.

But it can still be a problem if they have miscalculated and run out of visas before end September.

So far I have only heard of this particular situation happening for countries that reach the 7% cut off - Iran and Bangladesh have both experienced having remaining interviews cancelled during September

For DV as a whole the situation seems to be that if they think they will run out of visas they have cut offs right to the end of the fiscal year - something we have not seen since before the financial crisis.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

My number is AS12XXX and my country has only a couple of hundred approvals every year.

I checked the DV website and it seems that the highest number for Asia in the last two years is around 10000. It seems to be slowing down for Asia and I fear I might not even get an interview chance.

Please check the website http://www.dv-info.site40.net/.

Up until 2012 I probably would have had an interview around January but for the last two years it's very slow for Asia. What do you guys think?

Regards.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi guys,

My number is AS12XXX and my country has only a couple of hundred approvals every year.

I checked the DV website and it seems that the highest number for Asia in the last two years is around 10000. It seems to be slowing down for Asia and I fear I might not even get an interview chance.

Please check the website http://www.dv-info.site40.net/.

Up until 2012 I probably would have had an interview around January but for the last two years it's very slow for Asia. What do you guys think?

Regards.

You will be fine dont worry!

Interview probably august september 2015.

Btw the highest ive seen is 19000 from asia this year..

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Timeline

Mine is 2015AS00019###?

But i lose hope i thing i cant be cover.

I am from afganistan

Kaleem if you were from iran or nepal i would say you dont stand a chance at all ! But now i think you still have one...

Lets see what happens in dv14 for asia in august and september than you will have a good idea...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kaleem if you were from iran or nepal i would say you dont stand a chance at all ! But now i think you still have one...

Lets see what happens in dv14 for asia in august and september than you will have a good idea...

Can you please tell me how to know in 2014 aug or in sep because i dont know a lot about dv lottery program i ill be very thankful to you if u explain me how

Can you please tell me how to know in 2014 aug or in sep because i dont know a lot about dv lottery program i ill be very thankful to you if u explain me how

He just means, look to see what happens to the case numbers in the visa bulletins for August & September this year as that could give clues about next year. But it's all guesswork and extrapolation... so you won't "know", you will just have a better idea. Hopefully.

Timeline

You must follow the visa bulletin where they schedule the case numbers fo interview every month :

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

Filed: Timeline

You will be fine dont worry!

Interview probably august september 2015.

Btw the highest ive seen is 19000 from asia this year..

With my AS12xxx number I may or may not make it. I hope I will have all my documents ready before that. Why is Asia moving so so slowly for the past two years and is there any chance for improvement this year? ie. that it may go back to the pre-2012 speed of processing??

Regards.

With my AS12xxx number I may or may not make it. I hope I will have all my documents ready before that. Why is Asia moving so so slowly for the past two years and is there any chance for improvement this year? ie. that it may go back to the pre-2012 speed of processing??

Regards.

Bangladesh was included pre-2012. Affects the AS numbers. Don't try use it as precedent.

Timeline

Regards.

2012 was a screw up ! The cancelled the first draw and they re draw again thats why there wanst a lot of selectees in there !

Dv14 and 15 are over loaded with cases...

Timeline

EU 42XXX

Interview Probably septmber2015 ...

Edited by vladek15425

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello guys,

Thanks for the info provided here, very helpful. Few questions:

My mum's case number is 2015AS00017XXX

1) Our country is Malaysia, which has very low GC applications so am I right to assume that 7% upper bound per country doesn't affect her?

2) 17XXX means I have significant chance of not getting an interview date, but if I do, its probably September 2015? And it can't be like September 27th because it takes a few days for them to mail your passport back. This also means they have until March 2016 to enter USA.

Is this assumption correct?

3) Cutoff for DV2013 for Asian (AS) was 19000. I should hope the number isn't less for this year (will find out Sep 2014) and to my case, 2015.

4) Besides filling DS-260 on May 19 and preparing documents there's nothing that I should do, or can do to help with the application?

Also, I get the general impression that a lawyer doesn't help much if you're tech and forum savvy. (besides bringing on 2 single children under 21 as derivatives, no other complication) I got a quote for about 8k USD for 1 application + 2 beneficiaries.

Thanks very much in advance, cheers.

Referred:

http://www.dv-info.site40.net

Edited by riddlezildjian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.