901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

their timeline says Nebraska. I've been following carefully and, on average, we seem to be getting one May filer from Nebraska approved each day. The latest I've seen announced is the 15th of May with most approvals coming from noa1 dates in the single digits. (I'm the twelfth, so I'm paying a lot of attention)

Hoping for speedy approval for everybody

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Am May 8, still No approval yet, so why did Nebraska jump Τ̣̣̥☺ May 15? Am getting fruastrated

they haven't jumped. The person from the fifteenth may have had a background check come back faster than yours or something. The way I see it going, they tend to work on a cluster of cases and then release approvals as they get them. The important thing is that they are now beginning to work on the May cluster. There is hope for us.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

Fingers crossed for all of us. October is our month!! I can feel it in my bones.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

VSC goes like a turtle these past two months, only Philippines and an occasional april, early may get's trues every 2-3 weeks..... This feels like it's going to take many more months with Philippines and illegals geting pulled before the rest....

Vermont is killing me... We're 5 1/2 months since our application was sent, priority date April 29th... no news. We got screwed :(

Vermont is killing me... We're 5 1/2 months since our application was sent, priority date April 29th... no news. We got screwed :(

Have you called? Because my priority date was may 6th at Vermont and I got my approval about a month ago. Their normal time is 5 months, I'd call and ask.

Yep I call every week. Am a USC filed in April even with April 29 as my priority date and last I heard was it could be up to 8 months. Absolute joke!

Timeline

It's really, really hard. My wife and I have been stressed out because of personal reasons and medical reasons that have cropped up.

A couple things we're doing? We have a movie date every single Saturday. Every single one. We're working our way through some tv shows so we don't have to stress out about what to watch each week. We've also been beginning the process of buying things that I will need when I arrive, that aren't worth bringing with me. We watch online shops for sales and buy things when they're on good sales. For example, all the things other than food and cat litter that I need for moving Peter Parker, my kitty, have been bought for half-off and are waiting in the apartment for me. We've planned out where cat furniture will go and we've planned home improvement projects for me to do while I'm waiting for all the things that I need to start job hunting and while I'm job hunting.

We're basically tweaking our plans for the future immediately after the move. We're looking at the practicalities. How will we rearrange the furniture to accommodate my things? What things can we do to make our space ideal? Can we make things work so that we can live in that home for a year or two after I arrive or do we need a bigger place?

I've also been looking at various job posting websites so that I can monitor trends in what people in the areas I'm interested in working for are looking for so I can bring sealed letters of reference talking about how awesome I am at those things. I'm not applying for anything. I'm monitoring what people are actually looking for, what buzzwords are coming up currently so that I can add them into references. I'm tweaking my resume.

We read recipe websites together, too. Finding foods we both like and that will help keep our food budget as tight as possible.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Yep I call every week. Am a USC filed in April even with April 29 as my priority date and last I heard was it could be up to 8 months. Absolute joke!

They told you that by calling them or you heard that in the forums here?

They told me that when I called. No RFE's yet, no news at all since July 9th (address changed- never changed my address, called to verify that my address was NOT changed and they told me it was a glitch in the system), an of course no idea WTH is going on

Timeline

Please don't be discouraged, guys. There's a holiday on Monday. From what I've observed, watching other months, there's a lull in approvals the week before the holiday. This matches up with what I've seen. There was steadily a Nebraska May approval on average once every day from about the 1-6. Then we've had nothing since Monday. People will have been doing stuff to get ready to leave for holidays (government employees often take a couple extra days of their vacation time on either side of a long weekend to maximize use of their holidays--I see this in Canada, too). They'll come back by about Wednesday (having delayed returns to work to take advantage of cheaper flights and so on). We should start seeing movement again about Thursday. We might not, it might take until Monday next week, but I would gamble that we'll have about an approval a day coming out again by the 20th of October. I would also be very nearly willing to bet that when the approvals start coming again, they're coming faster than they were at the beginning of the month--freshly recharged employees get more work done.

Have hope!

March 13, 2014 Married!

Please don't be discouraged, guys. There's a holiday on Monday. From what I've observed, watching other months, there's a lull in approvals the week before the holiday. This matches up with what I've seen. There was steadily a Nebraska May approval on average once every day from about the 1-6. Then we've had nothing since Monday. People will have been doing stuff to get ready to leave for holidays (government employees often take a couple extra days of their vacation time on either side of a long weekend to maximize use of their holidays--I see this in Canada, too). They'll come back by about Wednesday (having delayed returns to work to take advantage of cheaper flights and so on). We should start seeing movement again about Thursday. We might not, it might take until Monday next week, but I would gamble that we'll have about an approval a day coming out again by the 20th of October. I would also be very nearly willing to bet that when the approvals start coming again, they're coming faster than they were at the beginning of the month--freshly recharged employees get more work done.

Have hope!

Like the sounds of that Not a Tailor.....have the same NOA date as you. Was adamant we'd get our NOA by now (wishful thinking) - my wife is a little more realistic than i am :)

Hopefully get it next Wednesday as it's my birthday :)

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.