deleted-05292014

Senator Urges Redskins Change

85 posts in this topic

I think Chicago White Sox is racist and I'm offended because I'm white. Who do I get a hold of to get the ball rolling on a name change?

This country is a bunch of pu$$ys. Everyone's feelings are always hurt by made up bull$hit.

What about the Red Sox? That could still be offensive because it uses the color red.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

What about the Red Sox? That could still be offensive because it uses the color red.

The Red Sox should change their name to the Shagged Sheep just for you Spooks.

I find Yankee to be an offensive term. It should be the NY richa$$es

Yankee was a derogatory name for Northerners before it was the name of a hated baseball team. In fact, Northerner is a derogatory term for people who live in the North. North is a derogatory term too. Let's just be generic and everyone is referred to as people.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have tickets tonight to see the tennessee people vs the new york people.

Wait, is it offensive to mention where a team hails from?

Edited by GandD

Filed: Timeline

Let me ask all you knucklehead comedians this.

Would you feel comfortable addressing a room full of Native Americans, Redskins? I gather most of you would not.

Just because the word may not be used as frequently as it once was to describe Native Americans does not mean it is no longer offensive.

The history of the team and the founder, George Preston Marshall, is racist. He wanted an all White team and considered his team the team of the Confederacy. The team band used to play Dixie before every game. When this guy died in the 60s he had in his will that not one penny of his money were to go to any integration efforts.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I find the term knucklehead to be offensive. Really though, I'd like to get to a point in our world where this is an issue in need of tackling at the government level. For that matter, I never understood why the government was involved with baseball steroid use. Why does MLB not handle that themselves? Why does the government need to decide what mascots are racist? Let the NFL figure that out.

I find the term knucklehead to be offensive. Really though, I'd like to get to a point in our world where this is an issue in need of tackling at the government level. For that matter, I never understood why the government was involved with baseball steroid use. Why does MLB not handle that themselves? Why does the government need to decide what mascots are racist? Let the NFL figure that out.

One simple reason is because these organizations do not operate in a vacuum. They rely on tax payer dollars for their stadiums and fields of play. They are regulated like any other business in the US and bound by the same laws.

So you gonna answer my question? Would you go to a reservation and call a Native American a Redskin? Would you tell a mother how cute her little redskin baby was? Tell the truth.

Let me ask all you knucklehead comedians this.

Would you feel comfortable addressing a room full of Native Americans, Redskins? I gather most of you would not.

Just because the word may not be used as frequently as it once was to describe Native Americans does not mean it is no longer offensive.

The history of the team and the founder, George Preston Marshall, is racist. He wanted an all White team and considered his team the team of the Confederacy. The team band used to play Dixie before every game. When this guy died in the 60s he had in his will that not one penny of his money were to go to any integration efforts.

I have. I live in Oklahoma. I have multiple NA friends. I have never heard any of them complain about the terms redskin, chief, brave, indian...not once.

7yqZWFL.jpg

I have. I live in Oklahoma. I have multiple NA friends. I have never heard any of them complain about the terms redskin, chief, brave, indian...not once.

You have what? You call Native Americans red skins? How does that work? You guys are out drinking, and you say hey which one of you Redskins is buying the next round?

I'm just curious because my experience has not been the same.

Edited by Jinx614

You have what? You call Native Americans red skins? How does that work? You guys are out drinking, and you say hey which one of Redskins is buying the next round?

I'm just curious because my experience has not been the same.

that's one way its happened. who's da chief in this room? is another. that happened last weekend in a hotel when I went to GON (gathering of nations) in Burque. NA are not nearly as thin skinned as overly liberal people portray them as being. now you call someone an actually offensive name, you've got a fight on your hands.

7yqZWFL.jpg