Beautifulday

Just got approved, needing some answers, please

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm making this thread because I didn't find all or enough answers to these questions that are bothering me. Maybe I have missed some stuff about what I'm about to ask and if I have, forgive me. If you could please answer my questions and not link me to different threads, I'd appreciate that alot. I hope I won't irritate nobody with this thread..

So a little bit about my situation. Today my fiance and I received noa2 in the mail. I am currently here in USA with him, I'm supposed to leave the country end of may. We also sent our petition in while I was here this time, we did that in the middle of March. We were fortunate enough to have our petition approved fast. Here are some of my questions..

1. Got ours noa2, what now? On the approval it says that they will not mail our thing to my country... But I've heard people say that they also should give us a new case number.. They didn't mention this in the letter we got today. I'll be home in a month, what do I do now and next?

2. My fiance doesn't make enough for three people, it's three cuz he claims someone on his taxes. Therefore we thought of making his sister my co sponsor. I'm wondering if this will seem weird to them... Could we possibly get denied?

3. After I'm here and we get married, I understand we ought to apply for aos for me... I've heard that takes a whileeee... But someone also said that while we waiting on aos, there's a way for me to legally work? Some employement ahthiraztokn thing?

Really sorry about the double thread... Please delete the other one

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Can't tell you now long mailing takes. Or who wil lget it. It varies like the wind. So both of you wathc your mailboxes.

2/ Co-sponsor rules are up to the individual consulare. Most of them allow it but you have to follow thneir rules to make it fly.

3. To work , you file an EAD along with your AOS. Recently EAds have been taking 90 days or so. Once you have that you can work.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

1. Can't tell you now long mailing takes. Or who wil lget it. It varies like the wind. So both of you wathc your mailboxes.

2/ Co-sponsor rules are up to the individual consulare. Most of them allow it but you have to follow thneir rules to make it fly.

3. To work , you file an EAD along with your AOS. Recently EAds have been taking 90 days or so. Once you have that you can work.

1. But what we have to wait for on is the new nr? Yes? You're saying either him or me can get it in our mail... And what after we get it? I do the physical and interview in my country? Do I call them and schedule or what, cuz the approval says that they will inform us when they ready...

2. I've heard that but what do u think of our case? Can it be a problem

3. Ok so I can't work til then. I can't go to school as resident til I get aos right, which takes up to a year? And does aos equal Green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your approved petition will be sent to the NVC, assigned a case# and sent onto your consulate. You can call the NVC to check on the status of your case and get your case# from them. You will want to give it time enough to have reached the NVC first though. Not sure how long that is taking at the moment. Check the Progress forum or the NVC forum for that. You can also check out the K-1 flowchart in the guides sections of VJ.

Not weird to use a family member as a co-sponsor. Some consulates prefer a family member. You just need to make sure the co-sponsor makes enough for their own household size plus you, the beneficiary,

Yes, AOS is adjustment of status to permanent residency. Read about it on the AOS VJ guide and at the USCIS website. Once approved, you will receive a 2 year conditional green card. No links, so I will just tell you that there is a recent post about the whole procedure of AOS and then ROC after that. You can go check out the AOS forum to find it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

From NOA2, you can reasonably expect your petition to arrive at the NVC in about 2 weeks' time (the last couple weeks, it's taking about 10 working days). the number to call there is (603) 334-0700. Be prepared to call several times until you get through, then be on hold for up to (and maybe beyond) 45 minutes. You can ask for your new case number, and if they have your petition, they'll tell you what it is after verifying you are the petitioner. (or the beneficiary? IDK if they give that info out to the beneficiary) Once you have your case #, you can look it up online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

It seems like every embassy is different with how they go about setting up the interviews. I'd research yours at http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Poland&cty=Warsaw

I don't have any answers to your other questions. Good luck! :) And congratulations.

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

What country is your fiancé from, this will help getting accurate info... No to wierd using family member... Once you file AOS you request EAD/AP which laws you to travel and work before GC approved..usually takes 90 days.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

From NOA2, you can reasonably expect your petition to arrive at the NVC in about 2 weeks' time (the last couple weeks, it's taking about 10 working days). the number to call there is (603) 334-0700. Be prepared to call several times until you get through, then be on hold for up to (and maybe beyond) 45 minutes. You can ask for your new case number, and if they have your petition, they'll tell you what it is after verifying you are the petitioner. (or the beneficiary? IDK if they give that info out to the beneficiary) Once you have your case #, you can look it up online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

It seems like every embassy is different with how they go about setting up the interviews. I'd research yours at http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Poland&cty=Warsaw

I don't have any answers to your other questions. Good luck! :) And congratulations.

OK, well I'm in America til end of may so I'll probably be here for when we get out case nr.. I'm an alien fiance, so I'll have my fiance call. So from what I understand we do not get anything else in the mail, we are just supposed to call the nvc in about two weeks, correct? Asking for new case nr. So after we get the number, I call us consulate in my country to schedule interview?

Timeline

What country is your fiancé from, this will help getting accurate info... No to wierd using family member... Once you file AOS you request EAD/AP which laws you to travel and work before GC approved..usually takes 90 days.

I am the alien fiance and I'm from Poland.

Well I'm just wondering if they will have a prob with it as far as the fact that my fiance doesn't make enough for three people... Cuz it's him, a child he claimed on his taxes and it'd be me.. He only makes enough for two. So his sister makes a lot more, she never claimed anyone her taxes. I hope we don't get denied.

And about employment.. I'll be able to work anywhere, for any amount of hours, like a normal resident/citizen? Or are there any restrictions as far as how hours you are allowed to work. Would any employer hire me

OK, well I'm in America til end of may so I'll probably be here for when we get out case nr.. I'm an alien fiance, so I'll have my fiance call. So from what I understand we do not get anything else in the mail, we are just supposed to call the nvc in about two weeks, correct? Asking for new case nr. So after we get the number, I call us consulate in my country to schedule interview?

This is from the Warsaw, Poland embassy information link I posted:

Approx Waiting Time for interview date from when the Consulate receives the package from the NVC: 3 weeks - 1.5 months (might be less at the moment - everyone has to choose the interview date individually either online or by calling the call center) ball.gif Issues a Packet 3? ball.gif Packet 3 Contains: 1. checklist

2. information about domestic violence and immigrant righs.

Form DS-230 is no longer required. You only need to fill DS-160 and keep the confirmation page.

ball.gif Issues a Packet 4? No ball.gif Packet 4 contents (if known): Embassy does not send Packet 4 anymore. After receiving Packet 3, you don't need to send anything back. Only prepare documents mentioned in the checklist and fill online form DS-160. ball.gif What forms should be send back to the Consulate? Checklist

DS-230 Part I

everything can be faxed/scanned and mailed back to the Consulate

(Since October 2013 doesn't require sending any documents back) ball.gif Other Forms (if any)?

DS-160 confirmation page (Which replaced old DS-156 form)

birth certificate(english translation if the applicant is not Polish)

police report(translation if needed)

medical examination results

2 photographs.

affidavit of support form I-134 with original signature.

Proof of relationship

Proof of visa payment

Appointment confirmation

That information was added to the embassy's site by VJ members who've already gone through the process. :)

K1 Visa timeline:

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

You will need to finish the process once you go back to Poland, but since you're going back in May, it looks like it'll be decent timing. :)

K1 Visa timeline:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on NOA2. Relax.. Take a look at http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow.%C2'>

Congrats on NOA2. Relax.. Take a look at the K-1 visa flow at k1flow under guides. Enjoy your time in the USA with your Finance. Looks like nothing will arrive in your home country until around the time you get back anyway. Follow the process and use the opportunity to make sure you bring back everything you'll need for the interview and subsequent part of 'your' process. Does not look like you'll be in your country for long before being allowed to return to marry that is GREAT for you. As for the affidavit of support. Based on a previous discuss thread you had your fiance provided support for another person and claimed on taxes by choice not by obligation. The affidavit of support only requires tax returns if he is self employed. Therefore if when he files in 2014 he does not intend to claim this person as a dependent than it may not be necessary for him to list that person as a dependend on the affidavid of support form. He can continue to contribute to that person's welfare voluntarily without actually listing them as a dependent if they indeed are not dependent upon him.. Therefore he may be able to file without his sister. If his sister is willing to be a co-sponsor this would (I think) only make your case stronger. When you get married apply for AOS and also apply for EAD (authorization to work) and AP (authorization to leave the country and re-enter) taking about 90 days.

Timeline

You will need to finish the process once you go back to Poland, but since you're going back in May, it looks like it'll be decent timing. :)

Right. But please just tell me if I got right or not. What we do now is:

- call the nvc in about two weeks to find out whether they got our petition and ask for the new case nr

Correct? But what do I do after this. After I have the new case nr. How long does it take for our petition to get to my country? This wasn't mentioned anywhere

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding where you can work and what you can do in the USA. From an employer's perspective as long as it's legal to hire you (you have authorization to work) then there should be no restrictions on hours or salary or anything of that nature. Interviews for long term jobs may be a bit more challenging if the employer has doubts or concerns as to rather your marriage is valid since your stay int he USA is contigent on the AOS but overall I doubt this will be a problem. Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.