Jester14

Input on type of Visa as well as what I should do?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I would be remiss not to add that if this child is born in the Philippines, the OP, the natural father will have no parental rights under Philippine law, because he is not married to the mother. He might well get the CRBA done, (most likely requiring DNA testing) but that's pretty meaningless without the mother traveling with the child.

I would be meeting with a very good Filipino family law attorney post haste, who will be able to confirm all I've said and more.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If a marriage involving a Filipino takes place outside of the Philippines, the NSO would not know about it unless the married couple reported the marriage to a Philippines Consulate. If the marriage was never reported, it wouldn't appear on an NSO CENOMAR / CEMAR. If both marriages took place outside of the Philippines and neither were never reported, your wife would get a clean NSO CENOMAR.

However, if her first husband never divorced her, she would be a bigamist. Also, as pshbrk said, she would not be able to get a visa without lying on the immigration forms.

Where did her previous marriage take place?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Let's start with the facts.

1. Unless her first spouse filed an annulment or divorce of which you are not aware.....you are not married to her.

2. if you can't find proof that the marriage was ended she will need to file for an annulment in the Philippines.

3. You can't file for a CR-1 because you aren't legally married.

4. You can't file for the K-1 because you can't prove she is free to marry...i.e. she is still married to someone else.

Timeline

If a marriage involving a Filipino takes place outside of the Philippines, the NSO would not know about it unless the married couple reported the marriage to a Philippines Consulate. If the marriage was never reported, it wouldn't appear on an NSO CENOMAR / CEMAR. If both marriages took place outside of the Philippines and neither were never reported, your wife would get a clean NSO CENOMAR.

However, if her first husband never divorced her, she would be a bigamist. Also, as pshbrk said, she would not be able to get a visa without lying on the immigration forms.

Where did her previous marriage take place?

Fair question but if they "can't register their marriage in the Philippines" and he is asking if the Consulate will check with NSO as part of a background check you can bet your britches she married and is married in the Philippines. Otherwise, they could register the marriage as the only marriage on record with NSO.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Fair question but if they "can't register their marriage in the Philippines" and he is asking if the Consulate will check with NSO as part of a background check you can bet your britches she married and is married in the Philippines. Otherwise, they could register the marriage as the only marriage on record with NSO.

The way I read his post, he did not actually try to register his marriage in the Philippines. Instead, he assumed that the previous marriage was reported, and that he could not register his marriage in the Philippines because his wife did not get an annulment. We'll have to wait for the OP's reply on this issue.

If her previous marriage took place in the Philippines, the NSO would have a record of it. If her previous marriage took place outside of the Philippines, the NSO would have a record of it only if the couple reported their marriage to a Philippines Consulate. If the previous marriage was never reported, her CENOMAR would not show the marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

What you are implying is a slippery slope of possibly lying on paperwork. If the first husband ever shows up or a record of the marriage if found somehow she would lose everything.

Timeline

The way I read his post, he did not actually try to register his marriage in the Philippines. Instead, he assumed that the previous marriage was reported, and that he could not register his marriage in the Philippines because his wife did not get an annulment. We'll have to wait for the OP's reply on this issue.

If her previous marriage took place in the Philippines, the NSO would have a record of it. If her previous marriage took place outside of the Philippines, the NSO would have a record of it only if the couple reported their marriage to a Philippines Consulate. If the previous marriage was never reported, her CENOMAR would not show the marriage.

Your "if" is correct, but it makes no sense he would worry about NSO, unless he knew it would show her currently married. Either way, she IS married to somebody else, not him, NSO or not, AND if the child is born in the P.I. he will have no parental rights in the P.I.

Not only is she married to somebody else, she, as a married woman committed fraud in Singapore to get married there and depending on his knowledge at the time, so did he.

My first worry for him is to make arrangements for the child to be born somewhere other than the P.I. The rest will take much longer than that anyway.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.