peezey

Issues you may need to discuss with your MENA SO

327 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Um, o yes multiple partners haraam too. :blush: So sorry no co-wife romps.

awwww :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

YOU of all people WOULD be disappointed... You're not even Mulsim!! :P

well i did score 60/60 on that one test :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Until I finally figured it out. She meant "INsects." She didn't like "INsects."

whew. it could have been worse.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hahahhahhhahahahaha sects and sex.

This reminds me of the wife of one of my husband's brothers. She and I were talking one day, and she said what sounded like "I don't like sex." I was sure I hadn't heard her right, and I was like "Excuse me ?" She said it again. Very clearly and precisely. "I don't like sex." Well I was completely confused. She never talks like that.

Then she went on. "I hate them. I always call for Izhaq to come and kill them." I must have had the most confused expression on my face.

Until I finally figured it out. She meant "INsects." She didn't like "INsects."

:lol::innocent::P

I will tell the monkeys/donkeys story at another time.

(F)

-MK

O i love that ...too funny

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i neeed to add something every media have its negative places, i didnt read the whole threat, but yea the arabic media says jews is killers and they killing arab, but also, american media all time saying arab is terriorest, and everybody ofcourse heard about Newjersy arabic adv

(20 July 2009) Filed I-751 with waiver for divorce

(25 July 2009) Check Cashed

(22 July 2009) Recived NOA1

(18 Aug 2009) Biomatrics

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I love to talk politics, am in fact a political scientist, but I know, hard as it may be, to bite my tongue if I want to hear people's beliefs.

How interesting! My undergrad degree is in poli sci. In grad and post grad school, I veered off to cultural specializations, but still love to talk politics.

I know that my husband doesn't hate Jews, nor do I. We also have grave concerns about the Arab-Israeli conflict, but I support the right of Israel to exist (my historian bent). My great grandfather lost land in Jerusalem during the initial occupation, and resettled n Morocco, then the US, but so did many Jews and others. All the way around it is a sad, sad situation and one that is not helped by tradition means of communication, myth and rumor, nor the propaganda and omissions from the other side.

This is how I feel.....but my fiance does not. But I think its more of a lack of education on his part. I feel there are huge errors on both sides of the conflict. The media in the middle east/north africa is so censored... I think he and I have a lot of discussing to do. But I also feel like this topic shouldn't make or break our relationship. There are a lot more political discussions to be had other than whats going on in Israel.

I told my fiance the very first week I met him about my background....I'm half Jewish, half Danish, and American. hahahaha ;)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

hmm.. well ive been debating if i should post here or not.

my SO is israeli. im hoping that that fact doesnt put me on a hate list, because after reading a lot of this thread i am worried.

but my so is a moroccan israeli. his culture is very different from mine. and i believe this thread started as what we should discuss with our so

i know that certain things... like the general middle east view on women, and how it differs from america, has been big. surprisingly, im more traditional than he is in a lot of ways. but he loves big familes and more traditional roles for women, so that was something we had to discuss.

also holiday celebrations. may sound trivial, but mizrahi jews (those of middle eastern decent) have a lot of arabic traditions which flavor their celebrations (such as food choice, inclusion of henna, etc). something i am def not used to

obviously we did talk about the palestinian-israeli conflict, since he lives in it, and i did too for a while. luckily we agree. like a previous poster said, that doesnt mean you know what our opinion is.

i would hope that you all know that the MENA also includes israel, and non-arabs. a lot of these posts are a bit offensive. i hope to stay around to learn a lot, but i just thought i would comment. hope this isnt too long...

Feb 16, 2007 I-129F SENT

Feb 17, 2007 I-129F recieved by CSC

Feb 20, 2007 NOA 1

Feb 23, 2007 touch

Feb 26, 2007 NOA 1 recieved in mail

May 9, 2007 NOA2!!!!! we are on our way!

May 23, 2007 NVC finally sends on our case

June 12, 2007 Packet 3

July 27, 2007 Interview

AUG 14, 2007 APPROVED!

Oct 8, 2007 finally together again

Nov 2, 2007 Legally married

Nov 29, 2007 AOS paperwork sent

Dec 3, 2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

Dec 22, 2007 RFE

Jan 15, 2008 RFE returned

Jan 25, 2008 RFE recieved, last touch on AOS

Feb 22, 2008 EAD recieved

Mar 29, 2008 AP application sent... late but just in case

May 2008 AP approved!

Sept 5, 2008 AOS approved!

next dealing with UCIS June 2010

אני לדודי ודודי לי

my SO is israeli. im hoping that that fact doesnt put me on a hate list, because after reading a lot of this thread i am worried.

but my so is a moroccan israeli. his culture is very different from mine. and i believe this thread started as what we should discuss with our so

i know that certain things... like the general middle east view on women, and how it differs from america, has been big. surprisingly, im more traditional than he is in a lot of ways. but he loves big familes and more traditional roles for women, so that was something we had to discuss.

also holiday celebrations. may sound trivial, but mizrahi jews (those of middle eastern decent) have a lot of arabic traditions which flavor their celebrations (such as food choice, inclusion of henna, etc). something i am def not used to

obviously we did talk about the palestinian-israeli conflict, since he lives in it, and i did too for a while. luckily we agree. like a previous poster said, that doesnt mean you know what our opinion is.

i would hope that you all know that the MENA also includes israel, and non-arabs. a lot of these posts are a bit offensive. i hope to stay around to learn a lot, but i just thought i would comment. hope this isnt too long...

I love that youa re adding this new perspective to the board. I think its really needed. Thank you for coming !

so your fiance is a mizrahi jew, but from Morocco originally? A friend of mine is Russian-American Jew first generation and is married to a mizrahii jew Israeli citizen. I've learned more from her about Israel than anyting I can read in most american media sources.

I am sorry you were offended by some of the posts here. I am afraid its a hazard of a public forum and I hope you can stand it enough to post the alternative view! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

oh you're in for a treat! welcome to mena! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hello wildroze22 ! Mar7aba -- I also would like to welcome you to the ME/NA forum !

You are correct -- a lot of people don't realize that there are many Middle Eastern Jews (living both inside Israel and out) and that they share many traditions with Muslim Arabs -- language, food, etc. My husband has many friends living in Israel who are Mizrahim.

Again, welcome, and wishing you the best of luck in your visa journey !

Salam/shalom

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

welcome. i find there are many, many similarities to muslim and jewish cultures (food, marriage beliefs, and religious) jews and muslims share a lot of the same. we're the same people after all......

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Not to open this thread again, with the intention to start trouble. But another very important thing came to my mind about things to talk to your SO about...

Not all, but many ME-NA people I have heard them talking saying o my duaghter will marry so and so... when the child is still young. I know my ex did this, had his nephew in his mind to marry my daughter.... which then and now is out of the question. Sometimes this is said in a funny manner but other times dead serious... what ar eyour thooughts_

Filed: Timeline

Hi Wildroze. I debate whether to post here as well but I read the threads! I am also married to an israeli moroccan jew....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.