millionmileslove

How to schedule your interview? Here is how (Philippines)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you ready for your interview?

1. Packet I-129Fsent

2. NOA1 received

3. NOA2 received - your petition has been approved

4. Case number known (found in the letter sent by NVC to your home address or known via phone call/email)

Just a tip: After getting our NOA2, my fiancé kept on calling and sending emails to NVC asking if our packet/petition have reached the consulate/embassy (the beneficiary’s country) and ask my case number (MNL case number, because im from the Philippines) . Ofcourse different operators answer the phone some said wait for the snail mail some said call after a week and then through email we got it! it is 2 months earlier than snail mail which means I was able to schedule my interview early! So I highly suggest you guys try to do it to lessen the waiting time.

Info from http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

If a case has been current for over three (3) months and no visa appointment letter has been received, contact the NVC for a status upsate. NVC’s mailing address is 31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200, Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801-2909 (Attention: WC), telephone number (603) 334-0700. Case inquiries can also be made by e-mail at NVCInquiry@state.gov.

(in our case, we just tried calling and sending emails rather than waiting, it worked!)

5. Payment $240 or 10,800php

For k1 FIANCE visa only (because price depends on type of visa)

There is two way to pay it cash/online just

Click

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp and follow instructions

FOR PAYING CASH

and click on $240 MRV fee (3rd item) … it is shown like this

Select the deposit slip that matches your visa application fee from the list below. Values are shown in U.S. dollars and native currency. This page has more information about the different visa application fees.

· Deposit Slip - $160 MRV Fee

· Deposit Slip - $190 MRV Fee

· Deposit Slip - $240 MRV Fee

· Deposit Slip - $270 MRV Fee

A deposit slip will be shown, print it and follow directions on the site posted above at any BPI branch.

NOTE: Photocopy the deposit slip and keep it, it will be needed during the medical and interview.

CHECKLIST FOR INTERVIEW SCHEDULLING

• Visa Payment number (The receipt number from your Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI) or BancNet receipt
  • Scanned Visa photo (needed on filling D-160 form)
  • MNL case number
  • Other details like Passport number etc

To schedule an interview you should first create/fill-up DS-160 form which requires a scanned picture and details like case number, passport number etc..

IMPORTANT NOTE: print copies of DS-160 confirmation page it is needed at the INTERVIEW and presented before ENTERING the embassy

Link to DS-160

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

then Register and create a profile at:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

Get these ready:

• · Your passport number
  • · The receipt number from your Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI) or BancNet receipt
  • · The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page

Complete all fields and create a password. Once you are in the system, you will see your dashboard. Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu.

A calendar will be shown with all available dates and time you prefer.

IMPORTANT NOTE: always check your profile. Earliest available schedule are posted and varies so monitor closely if you want to be interviewed early. Here is my experience:

I scheduled my interview before Christmas around December 19, 2013 and the earliest date of interview available is March 2014 so I took it 7:30 am. I was scheduled. Checked my profile after new year and there was a NOTE/ADVISORY left lower area EARLIEST AVAILABLE SLOT/INTERVIEW January 29, 2014, I didn’t took it because I had no time to finish my medical and then after a few weeks Februay 7 showed up then February 12 then 17 then 20.

FAQS: How to reschedule if earlier time/date is available?

Cancel your current interview schedule then reschedule. There is an option there to cancel it you can only cancel it twice for free the 3rd time will cost you.

Can I schedule my interview via phone call?

Yes, but DS-160 should still be filled-out and printed for interview. And like I said, earlier slots will be posted if you will be using the account.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be a notice after interview scheduling if you want a copy of your appointment letter be sent on your email, I highly suggest you do. Do not forget to PRINT your appointment letter, it will be needed on your medical.

Then after scheduling your interview, prepare for your medical.. I will also post my medical experience, interview, CFO and tips just click on my profile for updates

DISCLAIMER: I am no expert, I am only sharing what I know and have experienced. Some of the photos are from the internet, some are mine. Here to share and hope to help. God bless our k1 journey and soon-to-be-married life.

SITE THAT WOULD HELP:
http://manila.usembassy.gov/fiance-k-1-nonimmigrant-visa.html

Faith can move mountains :D

TIMELINE

I-129F Sent : 2013-09-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-10-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-02

Interview Date : 2014-03-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-03-22

US Entry : 2014-04-17

Marriage : 2014-05-12

Processing Estimates/Stats :

Your I-129f was approved in 25 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 156 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2014-06-06

NOA Date : 2014-06-19

RFE(s) : none

Bio. Appt. : 2014-07-11

Interview Date :2014-09-22

Approved : Yes

waiting for greencard

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jay Kay, thank you so much. I have been waiting for this helpful info you have shared to us. But I am already on scheduling my Interview. I havent called the US embassy manila to confirm if they have received my I-129f. We got our NVC notification letter including our case number. I have done filling up my DS-160 as well. Now my problem is I was about to pay my interview when it ask me to pay MRV-160$. Why it's less than what you have mentioned above 240$. I was applying for K1-Visa (as you I think) how does the price not matched? Do I have to call the embassy as well as you did to confirm if they have received our letter from NVC?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jay Kay, thank you so much. I have been waiting for this helpful info you have shared to us. But I am already on scheduling my Interview. I havent called the US embassy manila to confirm if they have received my I-129f. We got our NVC notification letter including our case number. I have done filling up my DS-160 as well. Now my problem is I was about to pay my interview when it ask me to pay MRV-160$. Why it's less than what you have mentioned above 240$. I was applying for K1-Visa (as you I think) how does the price not matched? Do I have to call the embassy as well as you did to confirm if they have received our letter from NVC?

You do not pay a $160 MRV fee.

You only pay a visa fee of $240. You need to print out the correct deposit slip for the $240

You can follow the flashing arrow below for more details.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.