Elmira

K1- please help!

11 posts in this topic

Please help us. My fiance and I are filling I-129f Form. Hopefully we will send all paperwork before 20 January 07. He is a resident of FL, and we heard so many things about TSC- the processing time is too slow.. We hope that submiting our petition (I-129F) before 20 January 2007 I can get in USA in June 2007 with K1 visa in my passport. What do you think- are we too optimistic? Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Best thing is to check out timelines for your country, as the time from approval to interview varies greatly by country. When we started we were told 4-6 months. We are in the 5th month now, still awaiting security checks. So June could be possible for you. Good luck.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Please help us. My fiance and I are filling I-129f Form. Hopefully we will send all paperwork before 20 January 07. He is a resident of FL, and we heard so many things about TSC- the processing time is too slow.. We hope that submiting our petition (I-129F) before 20 January 2007 I can get in USA in June 2007 with K1 visa in my passport. What do you think- are we too optimistic? Thank you

are you really from kazakhstan?

June 2007 sounds possible, but not likely. I just filed a few days ago; welcome to the club :D

07/??/00: Met Fiance

05/??/06: Rekindled with fiance

10/20/06: Proposed, with a yes!

12/23/06: Met fiance in person after over 6 years

12/24/06: Engagement party in Vietnam

01/01/07: Went back to America

01/03/07: I-129F Sent to CSC

01/08/07: NOA1

03/26/07: NOA2

04/04/07: NVC Receives case

04/13/07: HCM Consulate Receives physical file

04/24/07: HCM Sends Out Packet 3

05/03/07: Packet 3 Received

05/07/07: Packet 3 Sent

06/23/07: Packet 4 Received FROM honest neighbor BLOCKS away (sent to wrong address, actual receive date ???)

07/12/07: Interview Date!!! BLUE SLIP

08/31/07: Went in personally with sound advice from M.E. and got the PINK SLIP!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

First, you can't choose where to file your petition so if FL's jurisdiction is TSC, then TSC it is to you, although they'll most likely transfer your petition down the road (but that's up to them). Now, 5 months, to me is a bit optmistic, but not impossible, although I'd allow at least 6 months of processing.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

June 2007 sounds possible, but not likely. I just filed a few days ago; welcome to the club :D

Thank you for reply!

Yes I am from Kazakhstan. My fiance will send petition next week. I am so scared of all this process, because it is forst time for me.

Thank you! We really hope that I will enter the USA in July 2007, and he will send all paper work to TSC on 19 Jan 07 (next week). I am so nervouse, as we are so tired of long distance relationship. We met 3 yeras ago in my country Kazakhstan. After 1 year he left back to USA since 2 years already we see yeach other 3 times per year and only for 3 weeks. Every his journey and mine we are so happy as we are together, bu when it is time to fly back to our home counties.... the most sad days!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

6 months to get through the entire process is overly optimistic. How long does it take to get an interview there? What about delays due to potential security checks? Best to do some research on the typical wait times for interviews there before you get your heart set on that timing/

6 months to get through the entire process is overly optimistic. How long does it take to get an interview there? What about delays due to potential security checks? Best to do some research on the typical wait times for interviews there before you get your heart set on that timing/

I know. I aded this topic asking about US Embassy in Kazakhstan. We plan to ge married in September 2007, so I hope that we will... as if it takes more than 6 months.. we will be very upset.... but what do you think- I have US miltiple visitor visa in my passpirt. Can I visit him while our petition is inder process?

It sounds like you will make it in the summer, assuming you don't have any problems during the process and all paperwork is done properly. I would review the processing time for Kazakhstan to see how long the U.S. embassy there takes to process visa applications. The process of filing is pretty much the same no matter where you are in this country. You can expect 3 to 4 months of processing by the USCIS service center. Currently Texas is sending its I-129F's to the California Service Center (CSC). You might also ask questions in the Russia regional forum about specifics since your country will have similar problems.

Good luck and plan for a new life with many changes. I don't think your time frame is unrealistic but problems can always occur. I went through this process twice. The first one took 9 months to accomplish and ended very badly. The second took five months from application until arrival. We will celebrate our first anniversary next week.

Also, learn to be patient.

It sounds like you will make it in the summer, assuming you don't have any problems during the process and all paperwork is done properly. I would review the processing time for Kazakhstan to see how long the U.S. embassy there takes to process visa applications. The process of filing is pretty much the same no matter where you are in this country. You can expect 3 to 4 months of processing by the USCIS service center. Currently Texas is sending its I-129F's to the California Service Center (CSC). You might also ask questions in the Russia regional forum about specifics since your country will have similar problems.

Good luck and plan for a new life with many changes. I don't think your time frame is unrealistic but problems can always occur. I went through this process twice. The first one took 9 months to accomplish and ended very badly. The second took five months from application until arrival. We will celebrate our first anniversary next week.

Also, learn to be patient.

Thank you for reply! But why it took9 months before? Now I am even more scared :-( I heard US Embassy in KZ works very fast as not so many girls are getting married to US citizens. It is not like in Russia.

Thank you for you reply

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
But why it took9 months before? Now I am even more scared :-( I heard US Embassy in KZ works very fast as not so many girls are getting married to US citizens. It is not like in Russia.

The embassy in KZ may be fast but there can be delays on the USCIS and NVC end - earlier this year all March/April petitions took 4-5 months just for approval in the US. Now this is not normal, but things do change and things happen that can cause delays. For that reason, it's best to count on a long process and if turns out to be shorter, that's great. But don't make any definite plans, don't buy plane tickets or plan a wedding until the visa is in hand.

You can always try to enter with your visa tourist visa but you still risk not being allowed in at the point of entry which is always the case with a tourist visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.