everwaiting_sam

recent Administrative Processing time for certain nationalities

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

Those who are nationals of Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Cuba, China, Russia and other T countries which got 221g after interview, please let me know how long it took for AP to be finished.

Not the 221g that is given for missing documents, the other one that is given to citizens of the above countries.

Edited by everwaiting_sam

Name Priority Date Case Complete IL Received Interview Country
SAM 28SEP12 30DEC13 31JAN14 12MAR14 Germany

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

My fiance's interview was in January, but no AP. Kept his passport and visa issued 5 days later. What's a "T" country?

Timeline

My fiance's interview was in January, but no AP. Kept his passport and visa issued 5 days later. What's a "T" country?

Lucky him. T counties refers to Terrorist countries on this website if I'm not mistaken. But it's a misnomer since not all of them are considered "Sponsor of Terrorism" by United States.

Applicants who are citizens of, born in, or have some strong connection to one of the following countries (often referred to as “the list of 26”) are also subject to an SAO:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Dijbouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

Among those, Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria are currently on the DOS State Sponsors of Terrorism list and AP is necessary.

Timeline

I think technically he was in AP for one day (the day following his interview), but he left the embassy knowing that he would have a visa. He told me several other Iranians were immediately approved that day too (though the others were all women), so I don't know how strict those guidelines are.

Edited by Cheryl-Hossein

Timeline

I think technically he was in AP for one day (the day following his interview), but he left the embassy knowing that he would have a visa. He told me several other Iranians were immediately approved that day too (though the others were all women), so I don't know how strict those guidelines are.

Thanks for your responses. I'm Iranian too but I was given my passport back. He has probably dodged the AP since I haven't seen APs less than 3 weeks. They told me to wait 1 to 3 months. No Idea why. My profession is not sensitive to their guideline and I submitted two police certificates for Sweden and Germany as well.

The visa officer said everything was OK but they had to do AP.

Timeline

I hope AP goes quickly for you. We were surprised about no AP too, but I think we had a couple of thing in our favor. 1) he had a military waiver, so he didn't do the two years of service; 2) I was in Ankara with him and when they found out they had me come back the following day to be interviewed also; 3) I'm a legal assistant, so our paperwork was flawless.

Also, I think the Ankara embassy is probably more used to dealing with Iranian applicants than the German embassy. I know it's difficult, but I'm sure you will get your visa soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.