Jhalil&Mandy

Suggestion to change the G-325a examples.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi,

I was double (ok maybe like quadrupple checking after quatro checking) all of our forms and something threw me off for a few minutes and had me worried for a bit.

For the K-1 Visa guide, the G-325a example forms are both exactly the same. They are filled in as if they were both from the benificiary. Along with the wording of the form reffering to both sides as "applicant" it is a little confusing. It can give the impression that even though both the applicant and benificiary have to fill out the form, that they should both put the benificiary's information and then sign it individually.

It's a minor thing, and a quick google search told me that the way we did it was right afterall (both of us filled it out using our own information).
I think a small change to the example form that's labeled "Filled out by the U.S citizen" where it actually uses information that would make it clear that they're the U.S citizen would prevent this mix-up.
I thought I was just having a dodo-egg moment and it was just me, but after a google search it turned out that there were a few others who had the same impression that I did.

The rest of the guide is brilliant and even with the little bit of confusion that the two identical examples had caused me. We wouldn't have gone anywhere without the help of this community and it's guides.
So this is my suggestion to maybe give a little bit back and suggesting a tiny thing that may be able to improve the guide a little bit.

Edited by Jhalil&Mandy

February 15th - sent package to Dallas. Took a long time to get to Dallas because of weather conditions and delays.

March 3rd - NOA1.

March 5th - Received alien registration number.

August 21st- NOA2.
September 8th - NVC received package and assigned case #
September 11th - Embassy received package.
September 16th - Received Packet 3.
September 17th - Sent packet 3 back.
September 23rd - Received packet 4.
October 14th - Medical.
October 21st - Interview. - Interview approved, visa granted!

November 1st - Moving to the U.S.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The K-1 example forms only show one G-325A example, and that is from the perspective of the foreign fiancee. The USC petitioner would of course provide their own, with their own info listed instead. Where is the other G-325A example for a K-1? The other G-325A listed here on the VJ examples is for AOS, and only the foreign spouse needs to fill one out for that process. I suppose a G-325A example from the perspective of the USC petitioner could be added to the K-1 examples.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I made a minor addition to the wording by adding "with their information" on the lines below:

"G-325A filled out by the US Citizen with their information, signed and dated (see example)."

"G-325A filled out by the foreign fiance(e) with their information, signed and dated (see example)."

Edited by Captain Ewok

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.