mike&rodi

AOS interview in San Francisco

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We had our interview in San Francisco yesterday, January 4, 2007.

I was a bit nervous because I don't have a SSN yet so our evidence were limited. We managed to open a joint bank account at our bank, Bank of America. Anyone who has this problem may try them. Based on my passport and visa they opened a joint account. Then we had the lease contract, pictures and some proof we traveled together. Cards from family and friends, emails, etc. The officer asked us a lot of questions, but he was nice. He asked for pics from the wedding and he asked to see " the rock on my hand"

We had a problem in receiving mail from them. They kept on cutting short our home address so I missed 2 biometric appointments ... so he helped us do the biometric the same day and he also promised he will take care of the address problem. He told us we were approved but without the biometrics he could not do it officially. He just gave us a letter of how the official letter will look like.

I would say it was a lot of stress but it wasn't for nothing. He saw we came prepared and i think it mattered.

We wish everybody good luck with their AOS!

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations. :) I hope you'll receive your greencard soon.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Yup, Bank of America came through for me as well...they even gave me a student credit card so I could start building a credit rating...I will always recommend them.....apart from that ..big congrats to you :dance: :dance: :dance:

AOS, EAD, AP, filed on Feb 8, 2006

NOA received Feb 18, 2006

Biometrics done on Apr 21, at St. Paul office..wait some more......

Touched on April 24 and 28

email aproval for AP on May 1

email approval for EAD on May 3

received AP on May 3

received EAD in mail on May 8

start work of June 1

AOS interview in Bloomington on July 19 8am

AOS approved,passport stamped on July 19

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

Dec 18, email stating welcome letter is in the mail

Dec 20, 5 emails saying they ordered production of my new card......

Dec 24...welcome to America letter in the snail mail

Dec 26...GC in hand and all is correct...

NOTE TO SELF..file to lift conditions 04/19/08

04/22/08 filed to lift conditions

05/01/08 package returned wrong form

05/05/08 re-submitted right form to california

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

05/28/08 took my two appointment letters and had my fingerprints done

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

11/21/08 GC in hand no mistakes expires 11/13/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations !!!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I was a bit nervous because I don't have a SSN yet so our evidence were limited. We managed to open a joint bank account at our bank, Bank of America. Anyone who has this problem may try them. Based on my passport and visa they opened a joint account. Then we had the lease contract, pictures and some proof we traveled together. Cards from family and friends, emails, etc. The officer asked us a lot of questions, but he was nice. He asked for pics from the wedding and he asked to see " the rock on my hand"

We had a problem in receiving mail from them. They kept on cutting short our home address so I missed 2 biometric appointments ... so he helped us do the biometric the same day and he also promised he will take care of the address problem. He told us we were approved but without the biometrics he could not do it officially. He just gave us a letter of how the official letter will look like.

I would say it was a lot of stress but it wasn't for nothing. He saw we came prepared and i think it mattered.

Congratulations!!! :)

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you - they kept dropping the secong digit of our apartment number on their mail. The only thing that saved us was the postman, who knew it was for me :) Dunno - maybe it's a SF Bay Area thing (I'm in San Jose) :)

Our IO didn't have the results of my FP check at the moment of the interview, but looks like she got them the next day, cause I got a welcome email :) Anyways - the most important thing is that you're approved, and your fingerprint check won't take long.

Congratulations! :)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I want to thank everybody for all the answers.

After reading most of the stories here I feel lucky. We applied at the end of October 06 and got our interview very soon. Except the problem with the address where they forgot the last number of our apt. we didn't have problems so far. Now I wonder how long till I receive the GC.

Good luck to all of you!

Filed: Country: Hungary
Timeline

We are in the same boat, my husband does not have his social security number and our interview is at the end of the month BUT we got word yesterday that his I765 is in "card production". So as of today, besides pictures, I have nothing to show for with joint evidence. Bank of America is my bank and the branch said unless he has a social security number they can't add him to my account. I live in the NY/NJ area and I dunno if it is a backlash of 9-11 but even the freaken cable company requires a social security number to be added to the account.

I am so nervous for the interview as I am worried the interviewer is going to think this is a farce. Any other suggestions????

Congratulations!

(F)

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are in the same boat, my husband does not have his social security number and our interview is at the end of the month BUT we got word yesterday that his I765 is in "card production". So as of today, besides pictures, I have nothing to show for with joint evidence. Bank of America is my bank and the branch said unless he has a social security number they can't add him to my account. I live in the NY/NJ area and I dunno if it is a backlash of 9-11 but even the freaken cable company requires a social security number to be added to the account.

I am so nervous for the interview as I am worried the interviewer is going to think this is a farce. Any other suggestions????

Take photos of you two together, letters between the two of you, cards, emails, anything to show your relationship. It literally can be ANYTHING... take it along. If you don't get asked for it, it doesn't matter :) Pictures of the wedding are good.

As for the joint bills and stuff, explain the situation to the officer. They're only human. If you have time, perhaps you could ask the various companies for a written explanation as to why they won't add him to your account. I don't know if they'll do it, but if you explain your situation, they might help. You could perhaps also try and get a letter from your landlord explaining that you've been renting together.

Hope that helps.

~James.

Jun 2004 Met online at MBA4

Jul 2004 Fell in love

30 Nov 2004 Met in person in the US for the first time

03 Apr 2005 Three week vacation together in Chicago and Kansas City!

25 Jul 2005 James visits United States to propose. See Branson Balloon Website

27 Sep 2005 K-1 filed!

28 Sep 2005 K-1 petition received by government

04 Oct 2005 Got NOA1 in the mail

18 Oct 2005 Got NOA2 confirmation email! Less than a month!!!!

17 Nov 2005 Received packet 3

24-30 Nov 2005 James visits U.S. for Thanksgiving

08 Dec 2005 Received medical results. Everything ok!

19 Dec 2005 Sent packet 3

30 Dec 2005 - 4 Jan 2006 James visits U.S. for New Year!

17 Jan 2006 Sent packet 3 in AGAIN, after embassy said they had no record of the first one!

19 Jan 2006 Received packet 4 (interview date). No connection with mailing on 17 Jan! Interview set for 9:30 on Tue 7th Feb.

07 Feb 2006 APPROVED!!!

01 Apr 2006 James due to fly to America

09 Apr 2006 Wedding date!!

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Filed: Country: Hungary
Timeline

Take photos of you two together, letters between the two of you, cards, emails, anything to show your relationship. It literally can be ANYTHING... take it along. If you don't get asked for it, it doesn't matter :) Pictures of the wedding are good.

As for the joint bills and stuff, explain the situation to the officer. They're only human. If you have time, perhaps you could ask the various companies for a written explanation as to why they won't add him to your account. I don't know if they'll do it, but if you explain your situation, they might help. You could perhaps also try and get a letter from your landlord explaining that you've been renting together.

Hope that helps.

~James.

I own my home outright so the landlord thing won't work. The pictures are not a problem at all. We really don't have cards or anything because we met here through friends.....

I have a feeling they will call us back for a second interview, which I don't think is the end of the world.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hope that helps.

~James.

I own my home outright so the landlord thing won't work. The pictures are not a problem at all. We really don't have cards or anything because we met here through friends.....

I have a feeling they will call us back for a second interview, which I don't think is the end of the world.....

At the end of the day they're looking to be satisfied your relationship is genuine, and not a scam. I know that seems obvious, but sometimes I think people can get worked up over this process. If you are genuine (and I'm not saying you're not!!!!) hopefully that will show through too.

Jun 2004 Met online at MBA4

Jul 2004 Fell in love

30 Nov 2004 Met in person in the US for the first time

03 Apr 2005 Three week vacation together in Chicago and Kansas City!

25 Jul 2005 James visits United States to propose. See Branson Balloon Website

27 Sep 2005 K-1 filed!

28 Sep 2005 K-1 petition received by government

04 Oct 2005 Got NOA1 in the mail

18 Oct 2005 Got NOA2 confirmation email! Less than a month!!!!

17 Nov 2005 Received packet 3

24-30 Nov 2005 James visits U.S. for Thanksgiving

08 Dec 2005 Received medical results. Everything ok!

19 Dec 2005 Sent packet 3

30 Dec 2005 - 4 Jan 2006 James visits U.S. for New Year!

17 Jan 2006 Sent packet 3 in AGAIN, after embassy said they had no record of the first one!

19 Jan 2006 Received packet 4 (interview date). No connection with mailing on 17 Jan! Interview set for 9:30 on Tue 7th Feb.

07 Feb 2006 APPROVED!!!

01 Apr 2006 James due to fly to America

09 Apr 2006 Wedding date!!

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations and have a wonderful life together!

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.