12 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

My I-130 was approved by USCIS and is being sent to NVC.

Any tips on what to prepare for in terms of documents, fees and timeframes. I know I can sit and wait for the notice but would like to get started.

dancin5hr.gif

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Any tips on what to prepare for in terms of documents, fees and timeframes. I know I can sit and wait for the notice but would like to get started.

dancin5hr.gif

Congratulations! One step forward...

USCIS: I-130 Petition (Mother)
- 03/21/12: I-130 Sent via FedExpress
- 03/30/12: NOA1 Recv'd via mail
- 11/21/12: APPROVED (NOA2 mailed)
- 11/27/12: NOA2 Recv'd.

NVC (Mother)
- 11/27/12: NVC Recv'd file
- 11/29/12: NVC Case no. & IIN assigned.
- 11/30/12: AOS Bill PAID/DS 3032 emailed
- 12/04/12: AOS Package sent
- 12/07/12: DS-3032 Accepted, IV Bill PAID
- 12/11/12: IV Bill online status: "PAID".
- 12/15/12: IV Package sent.
- 12/17/12: IV Package delivered.
- 02/19/13: Missing civil documents sent
- 02/28/13: Case Complete
- 03/05/13: Per Email, Int.Date 04/10/13

U.S. EMBASSY (Mother)

- 04/02/13: Medical done & PASSED 4/8/13

- 04/10/13: Interview (AP - 221g blue: Missing docs & Medical Report

- 05/09/13: VISA ISSUED
- 06/26/13: POE - JFK NYC

USCIS: I-130 Petition (Father)
- 10/10/12: I-130 Sent-USPS Express
- 10/11/12: I-130 Delivered
- 10/16/12: Rec'd email (NOA1 mailed & File routed to NBC)
- 12/12/12: Per ISO, File routed to the Local Office (Nov 28)

- 02/07/13: RFE Letter was mailed to me this date, requesting proof of father/son relationship. (Unfortunately, I DID NOT RECEIVE A RFE LETTER)

- 03/28/13: Received NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny)

- 04/02/13: Made appointment to speak with the IO at my local office.
- 04/03/13: APPROVED (NOA2 mailed)

NVC (Father)
- 04/12/13: NVC recvd file
- 04/22/13: NVC Case no.& IIN Assigned

- 04/26/13: AOS Bill Invoced & Paid /AOS Package Sent / DS-3032 Email-Format sent

- 05/08/13: DS-3032 Accepted & IV fee Billed & Invoice Paid.

- 06/27/13: IV package sent

- 07/23/13: Case complete

- 09/09/13: Interview Date

- 11/08/13: Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! One step forward...

I've noticed that you received your NVC Case Number two days after the NVC received your package from USCIS. My NOA2 was February 19th and NVC received my package on March 4th. I've been in contact with NVC multiple times and they keep telling me it will be 20 Days before they input it into their system to generate a case number. 20 Days? Is this real?

Congratulations! I can only imagine how happy you (and how happy we will be) when we reach that first big step forward!

It looks like your case was handled by the NBC and not transferred. Correct?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Please read the first two posts thoroughly: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/483206-nvc-filers-march-2014/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Congratulations! I can only imagine how happy you (and how happy we will be) when we reach that first big step forward!

It looks like your case was handled by the NBC and not transferred. Correct?

Im so happy and i started at NBC and was transferred to California center FEBRUARY 25th, i think that sped it up for me. Wishing you luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

dancin5hr.gif

Don't sit and wait for any notices or you will be sitting for a long time. Be proactive and contact the NVC to receive your case number. Wait about two weeks from the time your petition was approved before you start calling. Right now, the NVC is telling people that it will take 30 business days before the file is entered into the system and a case number assigned to it.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Ok great advice certainly doesn't hurt to see if they have a case number. What is the correct number to NVC I came across a few

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Email

nvcinquiry@state.gov

Type your case number in the subject line and ask about only one case per email.

Phone

(603) 334-0700

Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight (EST).

We recommend you call during off-peak hours to receive faster service.

OFF-PEAK Calling Times:

7am to 10am (EST)

8pm to midnight (EST)

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My best advice I can offer you that I started doing right away is telling my husband to gather all his supporting documents (police records, military records, birth certificates, passport photos, copy of passports, etc.) back in late January/early February. Once he gathered them together, I had him send them to me via FedEx.

The first step at the NVC is to have your spouse complete the DS 261 form online through the NVC once you receive a case number from the NVC. It's best and typical for the foreign spouse to have the citizen here be the choice of agent. Then the AOS form will need to be completed by either you or your spouse ($88 fee). Send in supporting documents for the support (proof of salary, tax return, bank statements). Wait 3-5 BUSINESS days for "paid" to show online. Then pay $230 IV fee (send in supporting documents...documents I listed first), wait 3-5 more days. Complete DS 260 online and then the NVC will do the rest of the work for you until the interview date.

*Reference: Just paid the IV fee 2 days ago and documents sent via FedEx as well. Next week I will check with them for the opening of the DS 260.

Thanks Jacqueline that's very helpful. I was

Also

Just wondering if employment changes

Does that need to be reported? In my case I have a new position within same company so I'm assuming my employment letter will just list new title. My husband may be starting a job with a different company than what he currently works. That company and job was listed on I-130 any thing I need to

File due to that change ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.