Rwlaird

Visa Waiver Program for Ukraine

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It's not so bad here. It's only bad when there's an upcoming election. Then you get to see who is actually running the place. Then it's downright scary.

I'd have to disagree. I thought Atlanta was a cluster$%#! but it's really great compared to Dallas. What a nightmare to get around that metro area. Worst drivers I have yet seen in the US. And then the horribly bad roads - I've seen worse in NYC and NJ but Dallas roads are in really bad shape. Throw in the endless construction all around the sprawl and the nightmare is complete. Trip did a good thing, though. I actually feel much better about living in Tampa Bay now.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would have thought that judging by the criteria the OP wishes used Syria would be much higher up the list.

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have family in Syria, or it would be much higher

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

A few years ago, Romania was given EU* status, with the '*' meaning they could travel freely within the EU, but were not authorized to work. Within weeks, the country emptied itself of the 20-35 year olds, who, when offered the easy chance to leave, left. And guess what they did when they arrived in another EU country? Nope. They were not going to EuroDisney...they were working. Human history repeats itself constantly.

If the Ukraine would be mistakenly given the VWP, especially now, the population would halve itself quickly. Despotic leaders are always supporting a visa program that would rid a country of its poor, disenfranchised or those who protest too much, and foist those folks upon another country, where the taxpayers of the receiving country would have to shoulder the burden of supporting the newly arriving folks, with our tax dollars. Sorry. The US of A needs to take care of itself first.

that is why they wanted to be part of Europe so much, free visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

that is why they wanted to be part of Europe so much, free visa

The people of Ukraine had the courage to stand up to their kleptocratic tyrant. People in Russia should have the same courage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes, and Somalia. Brilliant!

Glad you agree.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

The people of Ukraine had the courage to stand up to their kleptocratic tyrant. People in Russia should have the same courage.

Government which was legitimately elected by entire country was overthrown by a few thousand people, mostly drivent by "right-sector" which is well known nationalist organization, from the talks with some ukrainian people who just being there during all those demonstrations they told me that no one outside the maidan really paid much attention to what is going on, if entire country was so upset by their government then why there were no millions of people protesting?! Everything that happened there looked as well planned coup, opposition came in power and will become as corrupt and tyrannic as previous government, with nationalist in government it is inevitable. If entire country would revolt against government that would be completely different story but right now it is not "people of Ukraine" but rather opposition had resources to do that, if I'm not mistaken Yanukovich agreed to opposition demand to do early election, there was no reason to escalate the situation any further unless someone specifically needed this to be way more then what it was, integration with Europe would take time and there were certain requirements but now Europe wants to expedite the process, other countries also want to help with money which wouldn't happen otherwise and now this petition to get visa... this just all seems very well planed and not by people of Ukraine, someone just really wants to bring cold war back I guess

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Government which was legitimately elected by entire country was overthrown by a few thousand people, mostly drivent by "right-sector" which is well known nationalist organization, from the talks with some ukrainian people who just being there during all those demonstrations they told me that no one outside the maidan really paid much attention to what is going on, if entire country was so upset by their government then why there were no millions of people protesting?! Everything that happened there looked as well planned coup, opposition came in power and will become as corrupt and tyrannic as previous government, with nationalist in government it is inevitable. If entire country would revolt against government that would be completely different story but right now it is not "people of Ukraine" but rather opposition had resources to do that, if I'm not mistaken Yanukovich agreed to opposition demand to do early election, there was no reason to escalate the situation any further unless someone specifically needed this to be way more then what it was, integration with Europe would take time and there were certain requirements but now Europe wants to expedite the process, other countries also want to help with money which wouldn't happen otherwise and now this petition to get visa... this just all seems very well planed and not by people of Ukraine, someone just really wants to bring cold war back I guess

Great Kremlin talking points! You forgot to deny that Russian troops are even in Ukraine. Such preposterous propaganda would be hilarious if its perpetrators weren't actually trying to push it off as serious. No rational person gives it a hint of credibility. Go back to drinking your vodka Vlad.

Edited by Rwlaird

Timeline

Perhaps Russia should be a VWP country?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Has anybody asked Putin?