1,188 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Wonderful news, VJers - we got texts this past week that my husband's "new permanent resident status has been registered", his "card is in production", and I believe this absolutely harrowing journey finally has a happy ending... at least until we apply for ROC in two years! I think a little angel was really looking out for us by allowing us to place our new evidence directly into the hands of our actual IO the week before, even though the office was officially closed! I mean, when does THAT ever happen?

I don't know what I'd do without your support and if I didn't have somewhere to vent and rant. I used this forum from start to finish and it helped immensely (not to mention saving me $1750 I might have had to spend on a lawyer)! I am so grateful for all of you... and for all the rest of you who are still waiting: GOOD LUCK! :dancing:

Congrats to you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Wonderful news, VJers - we got texts this past week that my husband's "new permanent resident status has been registered", his "card is in production", and I believe this absolutely harrowing journey finally has a happy ending... at least until we apply for ROC in two years! I think a little angel was really looking out for us by allowing us to place our new evidence directly into the hands of our actual IO the week before, even though the office was officially closed! I mean, when does THAT ever happen?

I don't know what I'd do without your support and if I didn't have somewhere to vent and rant. I used this forum from start to finish and it helped immensely (not to mention saving me $1750 I might have had to spend on a lawyer)! I am so grateful for all of you... and for all the rest of you who are still waiting: GOOD LUCK! :dancing:

Awesome news. Congratulations!!

February 28- AOS package sent. ( I-130, I-485, I-765)
March 5- Package delivered to USCIS Chicago.
March 11- Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.
March 14- Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.
March 21- Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/04/2014
April 2 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 4th April)
April 9- I-485 Case status has been updated to " Testing & Interview "
April 16- Text and email alert for case update for AOS interview on 22nd May 2014.
April 18- Hardcopy of Interview notice received in mail.
May 22- AOS interview, approved on the spot and got stamp in my passport.
May 27 - Approval notice of I-130 and I-485 in mail.
May 29- Received GC in mail.

ROC Timeline:

03/28/2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

03/29/2016: Package delivered.

03/31/2016: cheque cached.

04/02/2016: Received NOA1 in mail, dated 03/29/2016.

04/13/2016: Received Biometrics notice for the date of 04/25/2016.

04/21/2016: Early walk in Biometrics

09/28/2016: Text and email alert about approval of ROC

10/06/2016: Received 10-years green card in mail

Great to hear this great news, Dragonmermaid! Cheers to another milestone!! :dancing:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thank you, everyone! You're all awesome! :-D

6/2008 to Present: Fiance living in the U.S. on O-1 Visa
11/20/2013: Married in the U.S
3/4/2014: Filed I-130, 1-485, I-864 with brother and his wife as joint sponsors, G-325A, I-765, etc. via Fed-Ex
3/6/2014: Package delivered to Chicago, IL (express mail address)
3/11/2014 - 9:45pm: Received text messages that USCIS received all four petitions (I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131)and is processing them
3/17/2014 - Received 3 NOA1
3/20/2014: Received Biometrics appointment letter
4/7/2014 - 9AM: Biometrics appointment
3/26/14: Received text from USCIS that RFE has been sent. Yikes!
3/31/14: Received RFE letter requesting 2013 tax returns from joint sponsor
4/24/14: Mailed response to RFE
4/28/14: Received notifications that USCIS received the response to RFE
5/13/14: Received texts/emails that I-765 and I-131 have been approved and EAD will arrive soon
5/16/14: Received texts/emails that EAD was mailed with tracking number
5/19/14: Received EAD/AP Combo Card and texts/emails that Interview scheduling is occurring
5/29/14: Received text that AOS Interview has been scheduled for July 1st, 2014 and that letter has been mailed!

6/2/14: Received hardcopy letter for interview info: July 1st, 2014 @ 10:30am

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does this mean my wait is also over?

Decision

On September 2, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Timeline

Decision

On September 2, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

That's what my status said last Thursday, as well as emails and texts, and today, we received the formal notice in the mail that everything has been approved. :) Congrats!

3/4/2014: Filed I-130, 1-485, I-864 with brother and his wife as joint sponsors, G-325A, I-765, etc. via Fed-Ex
3/11/2014 - 9:45pm: Received text messages that USCIS received all four petitions (I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131)and is processing them
5/13/14: Received texts/emails that I-765 and I-131 have been approved and EAD will arrive soon
5/19/14: Received EAD/AP Combo Card and texts/emails that Interview scheduling is occurring
5/29/14: Received text that AOS Interview has been scheduled for July 1st, 2014 and that letter has been mailed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Decision

On September 2, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status.

Congrats!

Timeline

Approved and card is the the mail. Almost 7 months and with a waiver of interview. Good luck to you all and will be on a break from uscis. Lol. Going to surprise the wife with the green card on her bday

Congrats! What a wonderful birthday gift for your wife! :)

We just got my hubby's greencard in the mail today - soooooo happy!

Congrats, Dragonmermaid and Tony! :dancing:

Congrats! What a wonderful birthday gift for your wife! :)

We just got my hubby's greencard in the mail today - soooooo happy!

Approved and card is the the mail. Almost 7 months and with a waiver of interview. Good luck to you all and will be on a break from uscis. Lol. Going to surprise the wife with the green card on her bday

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

How many of you are still waiting and what office is processing your case? Although I got the interview waiver letter and can expect to wait until the end of December I put in a case inquiry just to see where my case is at the moment and make sure it isn't lost or anything. I got the response from my local office ( San Antonio, TX ) :

Our records show that your I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is currently pending extended review with the National Benefits Center (NBC). We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date for your I-485 application. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

So, I do know my case is at the NBC and they are 'working on it'. Frustrating to have to wait this long but at least I am here in the US, happily married and with a job. Think I posted when I got the interview waiver letter that they are probably going to wait till Christmas to approve my greencard. It'll be my Christmas present, so thoughtful of USCIS!

Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting and congrats to all the ones fortunate enough to have received theirs!

Edited by a.post

AOS (from K1)

03/06/2014 AOS Package mailed

03/07/2014 AOS package delivered

03/10/2014 AOS package received
03/12/2014 NOA date

03/17/2014 Bio appt notice received
04/07/2014 Bio appt

06/27/2014 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case received

07/16/2014 Address changed

Service center: MSC

Local office: San Antonio TX I-485 processing Timeframe: March 20, 2013 (as of july 31, 2014)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

How many of you are still waiting and what office is processing your case? Although I got the interview waiver letter and can expect to wait until the end of December I put in a case inquiry just to see where my case is at the moment and make sure it isn't lost or anything. I got the response from my local office ( San Antonio, TX ) :

Our records show that your I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is currently pending extended review with the National Benefits Center (NBC). We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date for your I-485 application. We apologize for the delay.

So, I do know my case is at the NBC and they are 'working on it'. Frustrating to have to wait this long but at least I am here in the US, happily married and with a job. Think I posted when I got the interview waiver letter that they are probably going to wait till Christmas to approve my greencard. It'll be my Christmas present, so thoughtful of USCIS!

Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting and congrats to all the ones fortunate enough to have received theirs!

Patiently waiting

Hi everyone,

Yep still waiting. Interview waiver letter was dated July 10th so I'm almost halfway to 6 months. I assume NBC has mine too. The wait isn't too bad because not having it doesn't really affect me, like you said, I'm here, I'm married, I'm working, but I wish it would hurry up just so I don't have to think about it anymore.

1/11/18  N-400 Filed online

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.