Rushton50

Travel to Mexico with my 10 year GC

6 posts in this topic

Looking forward to a well earned vacation in cancun in April, I am British and have 10 year GC in hand.... I obviously need to have this when I re-enter the US, but do I show this in Mexico or do I take my British passport as well? never thought we would go abroad to a different country so never occurred to me what I would need?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ongoing debate as to whether a US or a Euro passport gets you to visit more countries without a visa for that country. But just something else to check depending on the home country of your passport and the country you intend to visit.

Normally can find this on the internet, but sometimes have to call the consulate of that country to make sure. Just stating this in general, worse thing is to travel someplace to learn they won't let you in.

Worse country to enter in our experience is the US, expired condition green card, one year extension notice, valid foreign passport, and even took our marriage certificate along. Because my wife's passport was in her maiden name and green card in her married name. It would cost us a small fortune to have her home country change her maiden name to her married name. And with 205 different countries, 205 different sets of laws.

Its kind of like, let me see your papers.

Ongoing debate as to whether a US or a Euro passport gets you to visit more countries without a visa for that country. But just something else to check depending on the home country of your passport and the country you intend to visit.

Normally can find this on the internet, but sometimes have to call the consulate of that country to make sure. Just stating this in general, worse thing is to travel someplace to learn they won't let you in.

Worse country to enter in our experience is the US, expired condition green card, one year extension notice, valid foreign passport, and even took our marriage certificate along. Because my wife's passport was in her maiden name and green card in her married name. It would cost us a small fortune to have her home country change her maiden name to her married name. And with 205 different countries, 205 different sets of laws.

Its kind of like, let me see your papers.

And then add on top of all the different regulations, airline staff who have to vet them. Have seen a case of someone with a valid US entry document (I can't remember what it was) being refused passage by the airline because they didn't think it was valid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.