Manileña Heart

K-1 Finally READY Status, how long to be ISSUED?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My VJ Family,

Praise God that our k-1 case status finally changed to READY today.

Two questions pls :)

1. For those who are aware of other got 221g cases, how many days do you think it will be for the status to change to ISSUED? :)

2. What does "Pls check your status after two business days" mean? Does that mean it will change to Issued in two days?

Thanks soooo much!!

Timeline:

Jan 16 Interview

Feb 24 Cenomar submitted by NSO to USEM

Feb 28 Cenomar with consul

( status admin processing for 34 days)

Mar 4 Status changed to READY

Also, the CEAC status update looks like this :

Case Creation Date: 04-Mar-2014

Status Updated Date: 04-Mar-2014

Your case is open. Please check your status after two business days via the CEAC launch page at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

...Administrative processing normally takes 60 dys based on d website but it stil depends on d volume of cases being processed, wid regards to ur concern abt d READY status..well i just wana congratulate you coz ur abt to receive ur visa in a abt a week..it will stay on READY status for 2 dys then it wil turn to AP again for 1 day and after another day it wil be on ISSUED status so just relax by now coz ul be receiving ur visa soon...hav a happy journey:))

..anywayz just wanna inform evryone that i just picked up my visa today at our local courier and be going to US on Fri..Tnx much to evryone for sharing their own experiences and helping out:)

...Administrative processing normally takes 60 dys based on d website but it stil depends on d volume of cases being processed, wid regards to ur concern abt d READY status..well i just wana congratulate you coz ur abt to receive ur visa in a abt a week..it will stay on READY status for 2 dys then it wil turn to AP again for 1 day and after another day it wil be on ISSUED status so just relax by now coz ul be receiving ur visa soon...hav a happy journey:))

..anywayz just wanna inform evryone that i just picked up my visa today at our local courier and be going to US on Fri..Tnx much to evryone for sharing their own experiences and helping out:)

OMG! I hope you're right! This is exactly my situation. 'Ready' since Feb 26 then it turned to AP today, Mar 4. Passed embassy interview on Feb 18 though American consul told me they didn't have my medical yet on Feb 18. Got my medical with immunizations finished evening of Feb 17, and the St. Luke's staff promised me they would submit my medical to the embassy 9 AM of Feb 18. I guess they lied? LOL

I need my visa soon! I have a flight booked for Mar 15 and it will cost us thousands if dollars to rebook or change the flight this late!

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

OMG! I hope you're right! This is exactly my situation. 'Ready' since Feb 26 then it turned to AP today, Mar 4. Passed embassy interview on Feb 18 though American consul told me they didn't have my medical yet on Feb 18. Got my medical with immunizations finished evening of Feb 17, and the St. Luke's staff promised me they would submit my medical to the embassy 9 AM of Feb 18. I guess they lied? LOL

I need my visa soon! I have a flight booked for Mar 15 and it will cost us thousands if dollars to rebook or change the flight this late!

For all others, never, never book and pay for flights till you have your visa in your hands. That warning comes on every correspondence from USEM and CEAC.

I hope you get your visa before your flight.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

good.gifit will stay on READY status for 2 days then it will turn to AP again for 1 day and after another day it will be on ISSUED status.

Congrats! Safe travels and welcome to America. dancin5hr.gif dancin5hr.gif dancin5hr.gif

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

For all others, never, never book and pay for flights till you have your visa in your hands. That warning comes on every correspondence from USEM and CEAC.

I hope you get your visa before your flight.

I hope so too! Trying to stay positive and trying to relax about this whole process.

Wow congrats !!!! And thanks soooooo much for the helpful information and sharing it so generously :)

My visa status on the CEAC website today shows ISSUED! Woot-woot! You are right about the sequence. After the USEM interview, my visa status went into AP from Feb 18 until Feb 26 when it changed to READY. It was in READY status until Mar 4 when it changed into AP then today, Mar 5, it finally said ISSUED!

Such a relief! Looking forward to getting the text from 2Go for the visa, passport and packet pick-up then a side trip for the CFO sticker and then a mad dash to the line for the actual flight.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for those still waiting for their visa approval.

It's always a warm fuzzy thought knowing that one more couple will finally be united, congrats!!!

My visa status on the CEAC website today shows ISSUED! Woot-woot! You are right about the sequence. After the USEM interview, my visa status went into AP from Feb 18 until Feb 26 when it changed to READY. It was in READY status until Mar 4 when it changed into AP then today, Mar 5, it finally said ISSUED!

Such a relief! Looking forward to getting the text from 2Go for the visa, passport and packet pick-up then a side trip for the CFO sticker and then a mad dash to the line for the actual flight.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for those still waiting for their visa approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancées visa went to Issued status yesterday, The problem she is facing now is that her and her son have to go through the seminar given by the nuns for the stamp in her passport. I understand that she will not be allowed on the plane without this stamp. I didn't heed the warning concerning booking her flights and scheduled her and her son for 11 March. They passed their interviews (expedited) on 10 February and we were sure that the visas would be issued by the end of the month. (somewhere in the embassy papers it states that once approved it takes from 5 to 7 days before the courier delivers the visa to the recipient). It is now 6 March in the Philippines and unless she gets her visa this morning, she will not make the seminar for the stamp and then I will have to cancel her flights until she is able to get the stamp. Woe is me. Just a few days shy and it will cost me extra because she will not make the 11th March flight.

Edited by jollygreenfe03

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancées visa went to Issued status yesterday, The problem she is facing now is that her and her son have to go through the seminar given by the nuns for the stamp in her passport. I understand that she will not be allowed on the plane without this stamp. I didn't heed the warning concerning booking her flights and scheduled her and her son for 11 March. They passed their interviews (expedited) on 10 February and we were sure that the visas would be issued by the end of the month. (somewhere in the embassy papers it states that once approved it takes from 5 to 7 days before the courier delivers the visa to the recipient). It is now 6 March in the Philippines and unless she gets her visa this morning, she will not make the seminar for the stamp and then I will have to cancel her flights until she is able to get the stamp. Woe is me. Just a few days shy and it will cost me extra because she will not make the 11th March flight.

There is no seminar given by NUNS... that changed a couple years ago.

They will have to attend the CFO seminar and acquire the sticker, if her son is under the age of 12 (I believe, info in my link) he only needs to be registered to get the sticker. You can click the CFO tab in my link for more details.

Your fiancee could try to attend the seminar now while waiting for the visa to be delivered, then they only need to go back to get the sticker later... just a thought.

What the embassy states is "once the visa is issued" (issued is not the interview day) then it is 5-7 days usually for delivery. I hope things move quickly for you. :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello dear VJ's !

Our case was under AP after receiving the 221g for about 2 and a half weeks, then on FEB 25th it changed to READY with few following updates evert two days or so (still staying in Ready status).

Yesterday's update looked like this:

READY

Case creation date: 05-Mar-2014

Status update date: 05-Mar-2014

Your case is open and ready blah blah blah

Today though it changed to AP again ....

So, thank God for this wonderful website and supportive members who enlightened and saved us from a panic attack.... Many of you had the same experience and therefor very consciously but yet enthusiastically awaiting the Issued status soon.....hopefully

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello dear VJ's !

Our case was under AP after receiving the 221g for about 2 and a half weeks, then on FEB 25th it changed to READY with few following updates evert two days or so (still staying in Ready status).

Yesterday's update looked like this:

READY

Case creation date: 05-Mar-2014

Status update date: 05-Mar-2014

Your case is open and ready blah blah blah

Today though it changed to AP again ....

So, thank God for this wonderful website and supportive members who enlightened and saved us from a panic attack.... Many of you had the same experience and therefor very consciously but yet enthusiastically awaiting the Issued status soon.....hopefully

You do realize you are posting in the Philippines forum?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.