DouglasSheridan

Having your name on deeds for the house

6 posts in this topic

OK, here it goes....

as I told you guys, we started process on the house and went to bank today to do the loan stuff and there, cos I aint got my greencard yet, and therefore am not a permanent resident or citizen, they could not include my name on the loanapplication. Hubby wasnt bothered, so that was OK.

But then the question arised bout whether my name could be on the deeds... was told to ring the title company, and they had no clue either, so they transferred me through to their lawyer, dealing with more complicated question. He was away from his desk, and what do you know, he seems to not have returned as I never got a call back!

Anyhow, any of you bought a house together before AOS was done and therefore no greencard in hand yet?

Did it obstruct with having yours or spouses name on the deeds? And if not, can they be added later?

Thanks for any advice!

Sheridan x

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

man I gotta learn to put these topics in the right place.... any chance it can be moved to 'moving here' or 'off topic' :wacko:

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

OK, here it goes....

as I told you guys, we started process on the house and went to bank today to do the loan stuff and there, cos I aint got my greencard yet, and therefore am not a permanent resident or citizen, they could not include my name on the loanapplication. Hubby wasnt bothered, so that was OK.

But then the question arised bout whether my name could be on the deeds... was told to ring the title company, and they had no clue either, so they transferred me through to their lawyer, dealing with more complicated question. He was away from his desk, and what do you know, he seems to not have returned as I never got a call back!

Anyhow, any of you bought a house together before AOS was done and therefore no greencard in hand yet?

Did it obstruct with having yours or spouses name on the deeds? And if not, can they be added later?

Thanks for any advice!

Sheridan x

We actually bought a house together before we even send the I-129F petition. My name is not on the loan, but it is on the deed. This is one of the pieces of evidence I included in the I-129F and I had it with me if they wanted to see it for the I-134. They didn't. Nothing was ever mentioned to me about it. I don't see it being an issue if you buy a house. I know many Canadians that have homes in the States. Anyway, let me know if you hear from that lawyer. I'm curious, but not worried about it.

Take care!!

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

I have a Green card and have worked for 7 months now full time but I wasn't allowed on the loan as I really didn't have a credit score but am on the deeds.

When I first came we refinanced then too and I was still put on the title as we were married.

Me - Gloucester England Him - Green Bay Wisconsin

1/10/05 Adjustment of status applied for for my son and I

1/19/05 Documents received and process started in Chicago

2/24/05 Fingerprinting and Biometrics done in Milwaukee

3/4/05 received in the post

3/7/05 Applied at local office in Green Bay for SSN

3/8/05 Received a print out of SSN number from the office and card is on it's way !

3/10/05 Got a job ! Server at Smokey Bones - will do for now while I'm looking for the right job !

3/16/05 card arrives

3/18/05 Got state ID Card

5/20/05 Appt interview letter received for 29th June 2005

6/16/05 After 3 interviews with Associated Bank have been offered a Personal Bankers Position to start on july 5th - excellent news 40 hours !!!

6/25/05 Passed my driving test !

6/29/05 APPROVED - Adjustment of status interview - Milwaukee

7/8/05 Green cards arrived for both my son and I

05/10/07 documents sent to lift conditions

05/24/07 letters rec'd extending green card and biometrics letters rec'd for 06/11/2007

06/11/07 Biometrics done in Milwaukee

04/11/08 letters received from UCIS transferring case to California from Nebraska service centre

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You do NOT have to be an 'american' to be on the deed to a house... you don't even have to be in the country! Otherwise there couldn't be any overseas investors and they're all over the place!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Douglas..Sheridan... sanita name will appear first along with mine on our deed..no issue in illinois/// we paid cash for the house so it is a done deal...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835