Anoushka Drew

Declaration of how you met

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

Newbie here. The guideline mentioned that it should be a single typed page attachment regarding question '34.a' of the I-129F. Some people say to keep it simple but I have seen some have written ""lots and lots of details" (as quoted). With that statement, I already imagined a couple of pages. So, what was your actual number of pages? Will the beneficiary write this one too? Thank you

Don't have to write one for petitioner and one for beneficiary since you guys meet at the same place? :P unless you are telling me you meet in a different place(which I don't know how it's done).

On my own petition our declaration on how we met is simply 3 sentences stating how we met each other online through a game and how we plan on visiting in real life and when did we visit. That's all we wrote.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: Timeline

Hello

Newbie here. The guideline mentioned that it should be a single typed page attachment regarding question '34.a' of the I-129F. Some people say to keep it simple but I have seen some have written ""lots and lots of details" (as quoted). With that statement, I already imagined a couple of pages. So, what was your actual number of pages? Will the beneficiary write this one too? Thank you

Just one document describing how you met is all you need. Avoid giving them squishy lovey dovey ####### and stick to the facts. To make it easy to read, I suggest you write it in timeline form like this:

12/12/2010 - My buds and I were out drinking and went to Joe's Bar and Grill to meet girls. Abby was there with her friends. I asked her to dance. (see attached photos from my best friend's cell phone)

12/31/2010 - Abby and I have been together now since the day we met. Tonight we will spend the new year together. (see attached photos)

...and so on...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We wrote two sentences, something like "We met online on XXX in June 2010 and have been communicating ever since. We met each other in person both in Germany and the U.S. on XXX (entered the dates)". Approved without an RFE. You don't have to write a lengthy romance novel. wink.png There is only one statement for both of you.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

So, does it have to be a separate document? Just the statement in I-129F questionnaire is not enough?

CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Georgia

Marriage: 2015-01-11

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-10 - sent from abroad, auto-expedite

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-07-14

I-130 Approved : 2015-08-13 (30 days)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received by NVC: 2015-09-02 (in 20 days after the approval) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

Case # assigned: 2015-09-10 (in 8 days after the case was received) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

DS-261 filled: 2015-09-14

AoS fee paid: 2015-09-15

DS-261 reviewed over the phone:2015-09-17

Agent registration email: 2015-09-18

IV fee available: 2015-09-18

IV fee paid: 2015-09-22

IV fee showed paid: 2015-09-23 right before the end of the working day at NVC - at almost midnight EST.

AoS and IV package received: 2015-09-23

DS-260 filled out 2015-09-24

Scan date: 2015-09-24

Now let's get some patience for 3 weeks and hope CC will come without any delays :luv:

Case complete: 2015-10-21 (27 days)

Interview date issued: 2015-10-23

Received by the embassy: 2015-11-12

Interview date: 2015-12-02 (Request to reschedule for the earlier time denied.)

Approved!!!

Visa issued: 2015-12-07

Visa in hand: 2015-12-07

US entry: 2015-12-11

Social Security card arrived only after the visit to SS office, on 01/20

Green Card arrived: 2016-01-27

From NOA-1 to the interview - 141 days (4 months and 18 days)

So, does it have to be a separate document? Just the statement in I-129F questionnaire is not enough?

If you do not have enough to write in the provided space then yes you need a separate sheet. Ours is written in a separate sheet. Hope that answers your question
-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum. guides6ly.gif

~Duplicate thread removed~

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I personally would keep it to the three lines provided. For example: "On 'date' I travelled to 'country' 'to/for reason'. While in 'city' I met 'X'." Is all that is required along with proof to back that statement up. The USCIS is only concerned that the petitioner is a USC, over the age of 18, free to marry, and has met the beneficiary within the past 2 years. That is it. Now when you get the petition approved and it moves to the Embassy/Consulate that is where it depends on the country the beneficiary is from.

Keep it short and simple. Do you really want an extra piece of paper that can get lost?

Good luck,

Dave

I would use the space provided on the form to write: "See attachment, a,b,c., and create a separate document to write the timeline format I suggested in an earlier post. Later in the process you will need to provide more information of an ongoing relationship and update the same letter to show how you continue to communicate. Be sure to sign and date the attachment.

Everyone does it a little differently, but the important idea is to be clear and concise so that you make it easy for them to understand and give yourself maximum advantage.

Edited by CNTrav

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello

Understand what they are asking is a declaration of how you met in person.....NOT how your first came to know about each other.

Two sentences, the size of the box where to put the answer is all they need. Two sentences.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Understand what they are asking is a declaration of how you met in person.....NOT how your first came to know about each other.

Two sentences, the size of the box where to put the answer is all they need. Two sentences.

There are several people who do it this way and it may work. But, here's the deal: the instructions for the I-129f, item 7c, request a statement AND EVIDENCE of how you met in person in the past two years, and further state what kind of evidence is acceptable. That includes airline tickets, passport pages, and so on. To help the person reading the paperwork it's a good idea to provide an explanation of what that evidence is associated with. If you simply submit photos, receipts, and other evidence that is not at least tied to a short statement having dates and references, then it makes it harder for them to figure out what it's for. No, it's not impossible, and they've probably come to expect seeing it that way. I think a better alternative is to take a few extra minutes to make it more comprehensive.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

There are several people who do it this way and it may work. But, here's the deal: the instructions for the I-129f, item 7c, request a statement AND EVIDENCE of how you met in person in the past two years, and further state what kind of evidence is acceptable. That includes airline tickets, passport pages, and so on. To help the person reading the paperwork it's a good idea to provide an explanation of what that evidence is associated with. If you simply submit photos, receipts, and other evidence that is not at least tied to a short statement having dates and references, then it makes it harder for them to figure out what it's for. No, it's not impossible, and they've probably come to expect seeing it that way. I think a better alternative is to take a few extra minutes to make it more comprehensive.

Cover letter should cover this for case worker to understand where is what. Case workers do not really have all day to read all those love stories, all they want is to be sure at this point that you have met in person in the past 2 years, they need to see location and dates and proof of it in the evidence section, long story can confuse them, no point in make it harder for them to process the case

Cover letter should cover this for case worker to understand where is what. Case workers do not really have all day to read all those love stories, all they want is to be sure at this point that you have met in person in the past 2 years, they need to see location and dates and proof of it in the evidence section, long story can confuse them, no point in make it harder for them to process the case

If you read the post I wrote here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/482548-declaration-of-how-you-met/?p=6842888

...you will see that I suggested omitting the lovey dovey ####### and listing only a basic timeline. Yes, you can list it in a cover letter or as an attachment referred to on the I-129. What's important is refer to it somewhere and reduce the work of the person who has to read the thing. Also consider that it doesn't hurt to mention an attachment in both the I-129 cover letter.

Edited by CNTrav

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.