2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rob Gav said:

Hey guys I have my interview on Monday morning, feeling good and positive about it! Send all the good vibes this way LOL. Any advice from the people who had their interview already??

Thanks

Hey, just don't forget your passport, keep being positive and you'll be fine:D 

If serious, then tell the truth, don't talk too much, just answer the questions you'll be asked in short and don't forget to bring all required docs with 2 recent photos.

Good luck and let us know how was it;)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Rob Gav said:

Hey guys I have my interview on Monday morning, feeling good and positive about it! Send all the good vibes this way LOL. Any advice from the people who had their interview already??

Thanks

Best wishes, you're gonna do good......just double check your documents and make sure you have all that's required, answer to what is asked of you only and before you know it, it will all be over! LOL

Timeline

Update:

As you guys know I have two sisters that have already done their interviews, one on May 25th and the other on May 30th. Well, after submitting our Mother's Marriage License to the Embassy as they requested from my sister who had her Interview on May 30th, her case is now showing ISSUED as of today on the CEAC site......Yeah!!!!!!  My other sisters status on CEAC is still showing READY even though her Interview was 13 working days ago! CO told her she was approved, was not asked to submit anything, so I am wondering why the hold up?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Update:

As you guys know I have two sisters that have already done their interviews, one on May 25th and the other on May 30th. Well, after submitting our Mother's Marriage License to the Embassy as they requested from my sister who had her Interview on May 30th, her case is now showing ISSUED as of today on the CEAC site......Yeah!!!!!!  My other sisters status on CEAC is still showing READY even though her Interview was 13 working days ago! CO told her she was approved, was not asked to submit anything, so I am wondering why the hold up?

tell her congrats and i wonder whats the hold up for the 25th. its nearly one month now. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 6/16/2017 at 9:30 PM, ExoticPrincess said:

Best wishes, you're gonna do good......just double check your documents and make sure you have all that's required, answer to what is asked of you only and before you know it, it will all be over! LOL

Visa was approved!! Im so happy, now I just have to wait for my passport to come back. My day started really early and I went to the interview feeling positive because I was more than ready with my documents and I have nothing to hide so I knew it was going to go smooth but the nerves attacked me while waiting Im not gonna lie, its 100% suspense because you can hear how others get denied or asked for more documents if they were missing some documents. Anyway, everything went well! Thank you for everyone who answered my questions, this forum was really helpful! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jamaicankim said:

tell her congrats and i wonder whats the hold up for the 25th. its nearly one month now. 

I will tell be thanks! :)

The last update for my other sister was on June 2nd......so we are like what's going on here? My Visa was issued a day after my Interview.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rob Gav said:

Visa was approved!! Im so happy, now I just have to wait for my passport to come back. My day started really early and I went to the interview feeling positive because I was more than ready with my documents and I have nothing to hide so I knew it was going to go smooth but the nerves attacked me while waiting Im not gonna lie, its 100% suspense because you can hear how others get denied or asked for more documents if they were missing some documents. Anyway, everything went well! Thank you for everyone who answered my questions, this forum was really helpful! 

Congratulations! Happy for you, all the best on your new journey :).......and btw, I can so relate to you, my nerves were all over the place and when it was all done I was like, 'why was I even nervous?'....lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rob Gav said:

Congratulations! Happy to hear, that you made it! And that interview...even you know, that you are prepared for 100%, the thought "what if.." adds some temperature :D 

Best wishes!

Timeline
1 hour ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Update:

She was approved, but did she receive her passport back? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lain said:

She was approved, but did she receive her passport back? 

Yes, she was approved Lain,  and no, the CO kept her passport and told her that she should receive it back in 7 days via DHL.

Timeline
6 hours ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Yes, she was approved Lain,  and no, the CO kept her passport and told her that she should receive it back in 7 days via DHL.

That is strange, too long to keep it. Call embassy and ask about it.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lain said:

That is strange, too long to keep it. Call embassy and ask about it.

That's what I think too, but in searching previous VJ threads on this issue, I see where others have experienced this lengthy wait as well with no explanation given. We sent an email trying to find what the hold up is but they replied stating her case is under going AP and trying to talk to a 'human' when we try calling is proving difficult.

I keep telling her the person handlingl her case is probably off on vacation.....lol.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ExoticPrincess said:

That's what I think too, but in searching previous VJ threads on this issue, I see where others have experienced this lengthy wait as well with no explanation given. We sent an email trying to find what the hold up is but they replied stating her case is under going AP and trying to talk to a 'human' when we try calling is proving difficult.

I keep telling her the person handlingl her case is probably off on vacation.....lol.

Hmm, if it would be additional administrative processing, you would see AP at CEAS, it really looks like someone is on vacation:D Anyway, I think, she should receive her passport back soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.