2,686 posts in this topic

If you are in US legally and PD before 1 May 09, u can file for AOS! Just spoke to lawyer.

Wow, I had no idea they were planning to do that.

Won't this use up the annual allocation more quickly though or will those AOS beneficiaries not be counted?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wow, I had no idea they were planning to do that.

Won't this use up the annual allocation more quickly though or will those AOS beneficiaries not be counted?

No. Those getting EAD/AP while waiting for their PD to be current are not taking up any visas. They are still waiting for their visa numbers.

The number of visas don't change. The number of people don't change. Therefore, there is no net effect on the annual allocation being used up faster.

No. Those getting EAD/AP while waiting for their PD to be current are not taking up any visas. They are still waiting for their visa numbers.

The number of visas don't change. The number of people don't change. Therefore, there is no net effect on the annual allocation being used up faster.

OK, well that's reassuring, thanks. I was dreading it being another factor in slowing down the process even further. Phew.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello maybe someone can help me.

My PD is July 18 2005.

A visa case number came up for me and was sent to my dad on February 13, 2015 (DS 261)

Affidavit of support (and the filled out DS 260) was sent early March 2015.

On June 19, 2015, a reply from the NVC was sent back to my dad.

I am not sure what is going on. It seems like PDs that are later than miine are progressing their case but I seem to be stalling.

Help please. :)

Edited by prvii

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I have another question.

Once the Affidavit of Support has been approved, will there be a notification to the petitioner *FIRST* before the package is sent to the US Embassy in Paris? (I am a french citizen).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

Our PD is 2004.

What does this mean?

The chart below reflects dates for filing visa applications within a timeframe justifying immediate action in the application process. Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date in the chart below may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions. The cut-off date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who cannot submit documentation to the National Visa Center for an immigrant visa. If a category is designated “current,” all applicants in the relevant category may file applications, regardless of priority date.

The “C” listing indicates that the category is current, and that applications may be filed regardless of the applicant’s priority date. The listing of a date for any category indicates that only applicants with a priority date which is earlier than the listed date may file their application.

USCIS has determined that this chart may be used (in lieu of the chart in paragraph 4.A.) this month for filing applications for adjustment of status with USCIS. Applicants for adjustment of status may visit www.USCIS.gov/visabulletininfo for additional information.

Edited by IvanDrogo

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On form DS-260 by mistake I answered wrong to the following question :

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry

The correct answer is YES . The reason why this question was answered incorrect was that I got confused with the meaning of the question. My understanding was to advise if the admission was denied at the port of entry, however, there was never a refuse to the port of entry. I need some advice for it , please!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On form DS-260 by mistake I answered wrong to the following question :
Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry
The correct answer is YES . The reason why this question was answered incorrect was that I got confused with the meaning of the question. My understanding was to advise if the admission was denied at the port of entry, however, there was never a refuse to the port of entry. I need some advice for it , please!!!

hope everything goes well..we are humans

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.