2,686 posts in this topic

Hi, my PD is same as you

did you complete your case at http://ceac.state.gov? mine says N/A at documents parts

i send the documents 2 month ago, then they send a letter for additional docs and i send those about one month ago but still no change!

do you have any idea how long it gona take for them to change N/A into Complete?

Hey Shariati,

I'm not sure what this is showing as, I don't currently have my details to check.

When I retrieve these from my sponsor I will update.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All - Had my interview at the US Embassy in Islamabad yesterday for FB-1, & was approved. Just checked today and the status of CEAC is issued. Consular officer did tell me that I should have my passport with the visa by this Friday. Just waiting on my passport and then will finally GO BACK HOME AFTER 10 LONG YEARS!!

Interview Questions:

1. Who is your petitioner & their DOB?

Answer: My Mom and her DOB is: xx-xx-xxxx

2. What will you do when you get to the States?

Answer: I will work for XXX company & here is my offer letter for X position with an annual salary of $ XX.

Officer: Excellent, you already have a job waiting for you, I like it! You've been approved and will get your passport back by Friday with the visa. I can see from your file that you left the USA in 2005 and well it's 2015 and it's about time you get to go back home, this time Legally! Congratulations!

That was it, interview did lost last for more than 5 minutes! :D

Super Excited!!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Congratulations.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My son had his interview on September 2 in Kyiv, Ukraine. He had his medical on September, 1. Everything was very smooth. The most important thing is to follow interview letter instructions and bring all documents required. That's all what they need. They had simple friendly talk with my son and I was present. They also fingerprinted him. His visa was granted. I wish you all the best and very fast movement in visa bulletin so you all will not have to wait eight years as we did.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys

I have quick question

I petition my mom on april 9 2015 after long wait they just transfer her case to local office ( i checked her statueonline) didnt ask me for anything yet

My question im supposed to traver out of tge country for amonth

what happend if i dont send them the required papers until i am back ???

Yould they cancel my case ???

This is new in the bulletin...(http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-october-2015.html)

B. DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS

The chart below reflects dates for filing visa applications within a timeframe justifying immediate action in the application process. Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date in the chart below may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions.

Family- Sponsored

F1 01MAY09 01MAY09 01MAY09 01JUL95 01SEP05

Not sure what to think of them accepting documents that far in advance.

Edited by Baileys

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

This is new in the bulletin...(http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-october-2015.html)

B. DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS

The chart below reflects dates for filing visa applications within a timeframe justifying immediate action in the application process. Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date in the chart below may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of States National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions.

Family- Sponsored

F1 01MAY09 01MAY09 01MAY09 01JUL95 01SEP05

Not sure what to think of them accepting documents that far in advance.

The ability to file to adjust and get an EAD/AP before the PD becomes current is huge.

Right now a person has to have a current PD to file. Starting October, a person without a current PD can file to adjust while waiting for the PD to become current.

My niece is in the F2b category with a May 2010 PD. Since she is in VN, she has to wait for a current PD to get an immigration visa under the old and new rules. If she was in the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa, she can not adjust status and get an EAD/AP card until her PD becomes current. Under the new rule, she can file to adjust and get the EAD/AP card without a current PD.

This is fantastic for those who can get here on non-immigrant visas. Unfortunately, I think more people will go after visitor visas with the intent to be in the U.S. so they can file to adjust and shorten their wait.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.