2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi all

I got my interview last 25 of March, at Sydney embassy, but I'm from Colombia , I was very good same questions as hibjail but the officer asked me about my job , status visa in Australia and previous job in the military forces in my country, she asked me as well for my mom's W2 affidavit support , I think is important , after that she approved my visa, now I'm finishing my job in here to join with my family very soon in Miami after long wait,thanks Good!!

I wish you guys all the best in this long procces, at the end it worth!!

To Lauza8 if a person have criminal records in Australia have to get fingerprints if you don't have do just your name , I did just my mane and worked, no worries about that, I found the information in the Camberra embassy web.[/quote. ( congrats Dug77". All the best .)

Edited by jahmekya princess

PD December 6, 2008.

Disappointing movement but not surprised.

I'm somewhat P'd off that F2B has advanced from 22 Oct 2006 to 1 Feb 2007. It's now just five weeks behind FB1. At this rate they'll overtake FB1 in the June bulletin and I think that's totally wrong. :ranting:

Don't get me wrong; I'm happy that F2B (or anyone) is finally being processed but I think the system is wrong if it will allow LPR's to go before US citizens.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I guess at worse it should be a 2 weeks movement. But still anything can happen.

Request the other guys who are done with their Interviews share their Experience, and after how many days they received the Visa etc

NNROSE123, AKANCHAWA(ZEE), BHUVAN -- ?

HALJBR, after how many days after the Interview have you received your visa ?

Had lot of anxious moments this month... btw my guess was not bad.. :)

hope the worst month was May Bullitein is over now, and hope the Movement picks pace from here.. and hope USCIS understands that we have been waiting for 7+ years and does somethng to improve the movement in FB1.. :help::clock:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The F2B case is similar to the F2A case. I guess their P.d is advancing because a lot of them have not completed their cases and there might be a need to retrogress their p.d later because this had happened to the F1 before.

Anyway next month will be better and more people in this forum will be smiling.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Disappointing movement but not surprised.

I'm somewhat P'd off that F2B has advanced from 22 Oct 2006 to 1 Feb 2007. It's now just five weeks behind FB1. At this rate they'll overtake FB1 in the June bulletin and I think that's totally wrong. :ranting:

Don't get me wrong; I'm happy that F2B (or anyone) is finally being processed but I think the system is wrong if it will allow LPR's to go before US citizens.

Ye I agree, apart from less number of people with Case Complete status on F2B, what I think is the main reason for relatively quicker movement in F2B is most of the Petitioners are becoming US Citizens during the process and hence such cases gets moved to FB1. Hence FB1 queue gets long, and their queue gets shorter.

Since there are very less number of Petitioners who have not become US Citizen even though they have GC from 2007 onwards. Therefore because of less number of cases in between the months the PD can jump ahead fast than FB1.

Yes technically USCIS should device a method where a USC direct family members (FB1) has some privilege over GC holder's family (f2b).. something Like F2A (Wife of LPR) has over FB1...

Edited by G_One

Ye I agree, apart from less number of people with Case Complete status on F2B, what I think is the main reason for relatively quicker movement in F2B is most of the Petitioners are becoming US Citizens during the process and hence such cases gets moved to FB1. Hence FB1 queue gets long, and their queue gets shorter.

Since there are very less number of Petitioners who have not become US Citizen even though they have GC from 2007 onwards. Therefore because of less number of cases in between the months the PD can jump ahead fast than FB1.

Yes technically USCIS should device a method where a USC direct family members (FB1) has some privilege over GC holder's family (f2b).. something Like F2A (Wife of LPR) has over FB1...

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the reason too.

My fear is that there is no provision for this scenario in the current immigration rules. I don't think USCIS can devise a rule that will stop the LPR petitions advancing ahead of the USC petitions without a change in the current law...and we all know that immigration reform has come to nothing.

Eventually it may reset...there's now no incentive for LPR's to become USC's but who knows how long that will take.

Hi All,

I've had my medical. I know there are a few UK peeps on here, so thought would be helpful to post:

I called on a Friday to request an appointment and since i'm in London and am quite flexible with work, I was able to get one on the Monday. I had to go to Bentnick Mansions near Bond Street tube.

I arrived about a half hour early. I can't help it, I am ALWAYS early. They asked me to wait in reception and come back 5 mins before my appointment time. When the time rolled around, I went up to the window, handed over my stuff- UK police certificate, Passport, UK photo, questionnaire and immunisation records (these I got from my university and I had an updated tetanus from Dr).

They gave me another questionnaire to fill out, (the official US office one), which I did and handed back to them.

About a 5 min wait a very friendly guy came and called me for my chest x-ray. Very quick and painless. Had to wear a gown which i was told to keep on until I saw the doctor. When x-ray was done went to a smaller waiting room.

Was then called to see the doctor. She asked me about my questionnaire. Eye test. Weight and Height measured. Checked my reflexes and my lymphnodes (all of them). Felt around on my stomach. Had my blood pressure and blood taken. Quick easy. I didn't have to see the nurse as my vaccinations were up to date.

Any questions give me a shout.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all sorry to be late had my interview all is well with aslight delay i have to produce a police record for my prior residence in England bit annoyed by that especially financially interview was mainly about my father and our relationship he wanted pics i showed them also some letters anything you want to ask shoot....

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

I just got my interview in Rio de Janeiro (brazil) was approved.

I am going to USA on 21 may and come back 3 weeks later.

I will be back to stay with my daughter till her documents are approved too.

I have some uestions if anyone could answer I appreciate:

I applied to my daughter at same time I applied to me (PD may 06) so she is current too.

But I didn't pay her IV application processing fees. (I am not able to pay online - the check box at ceac web site is not available)

I do not know if she needs a affidavit of support too. She is just 13 years old.

Does anyone know anything about?

thanks

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want also to ask vj friends about my brother in the philippines,F1 category , current.Our father is the petitioner. he already paid the AOS and visa for my unmarried brother 5 years ago and already received the invoice thereafther. all the documents has been prepared right now (aos)and will be sent to nvc next week as well as my brother is preparing to submit 260 online. my brother has a son aged 4 years old and we dont know what to do on how to include and or bring my brothers son with him.should my father,the petitioner should apply for another i 130 for the son of my brother?what kind of forms should we used for my brothers son so that he can bring him with him? what is the process for custodial? If we include and or inform the NVC about my brothers son, we are worried that his F1 category which is current right now will be affected or will be invalid and put him on f3? Please help us! God Bles and thanks in advance.

njroldan

I want also to ask vj friends about my brother in the philippines,F1 category , current.Our father is the petitioner. he already paid the AOS and visa for my unmarried brother 5 years ago and already received the invoice thereafther. all the documents has been prepared right now (aos)and will be sent to nvc next week as well as my brother is preparing to submit 260 online. my brother has a son aged 4 years old and we dont know what to do on how to include and or bring my brothers son with him.should my father,the petitioner should apply for another i 130 for the son of my brother?what kind of forms should we used for my brothers son so that he can bring him with him? what is the process for custodial? If we include and or inform the NVC about my brothers son, we are worried that his F1 category which is current right now will be affected or will be invalid and put him on f3? Please help us! God Bles and thanks in advance.

njroldan

I've had my medical. I know there are a few UK peeps on here, so thought would be helpful to post:

I called on a Friday to request an appointment and since I'm in London and am quite flexible with work, I was able to get one on the Monday. I had to go to Bentnick Mansions near Bond Street tube.

I arrived about a half hour early. I can't help it, I am ALWAYS early. They asked me to wait in reception and come back 5 mins before my appointment time. When the time rolled around, I went up to the window, handed over my stuff- UK police certificate, Passport, UK photo, questionnaire and immunisation records (these I got from my university and I had an updated tetanus from Dr).

They gave me another questionnaire to fill out, (the official US office one), which I did and handed back to them.

About a 5 min wait a very friendly guy came and called me for my chest x-ray. Very quick and painless. Had to wear a gown which I was told to keep on until I saw the doctor. When x-ray was done went to a smaller waiting room. Waited there for about 10-15mins.

Doctor asked me questions about the questionnaire, checked my lymphnodes (all of them), eyes, ears, reflexes, chest, weight and height. Took my blood pressure and did a blood test.

I didn’t have to see the nurse as my vaccinations were up to date.

Relatively quick and painless.

Lauza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.