3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i have the similar question. in my case i am not the applicant but derivative beneficiary above 21 so my cspa eligibilty will be calculated in the interview of my parents. Assuming my parents file for my adjustment of status after getting green card how would i retain the original date and tie the Application with I130 filed for my mom ?

Am I being derivative beneficiary eligible to get an InfoPass and inquiry further ? If yes, is there a certain stage where the case has to reach before i can get and apointment. Currently we have filled COA online but not revived any welcome letter or email from NVC.

And most important doubt, does getting Infopass in any way affect the processing of the case or my current status as I am on H1B which techinically is a non-immigrant Visa.

First, Only the Petitioner / Principal Applicant can get an Infopass appointment....Second whatever might be your present Visa Status (H1B - it is a dual intent Visa) and your parents are already in US and filing for adjustment of status, then they should inform by calling and let them know about the derivative beneficiary and you will be part of the petition during the AOS(Affidavit Of Support) / IV fee payment..

No, Infopass will not in any way affect the processing of the case or on your current status..It is just a better option provided wherein you can meet in person to know about your case...NVC does not have this option..

Good Luck

Timeline

Preference Category: F4

Priority Date: 11-SEP-02

Notice of Action(NOA1) 12-SEP-02

Notice of Action(NOA2) 19-NOV-09

08-21 2014 filled Ds261(COA)

09-16 2014 paid 88 $ fee(AOS)

10-07 2014 paid 325 $ fee(IV)

10-14 2014 sent i -864w and Earning Statement(SSA)

11-07 2014 sent Documents (IV Package)

12-25 2014 Case Completed

XX-XX 2015 Interview Letter

XX-XX 2015 Medical Check

XX-XX 2015 Interview Appointment

XX-XX 2015 POE

When do you think I get Interview Date..? :clock:

You will get current in Aug2015 or Sep,2015............

Timeline

First, Only the Petitioner / Principal Applicant can get an Infopass appointment....Second whatever might be your present Visa Status (H1B - it is a dual intent Visa) and your parents are already in US and filing for adjustment of status, then they should inform by calling and let them know about the derivative beneficiary and you will be part of the petition during the AOS(Affidavit Of Support) / IV fee payment..

No, Infopass will not in any way affect the processing of the case or on your current status..It is just a better option provided wherein you can meet in person to know about your case...NVC does not have this option..

Good Luck

Thnx VisaGrant..

In my case my parents (ie Principal Applicant) r not in USA but in India. Is there any option that they can file for my adjustment after coming here and stil retain original date ?

From USCIS Website "Family based categories require that a U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for you." but i would want the I485 to be tied to the original I130 filed for my mom ? Is that possible ? or its better to visit India and go through consular processing to avoid complications ?

Timeline
I130 - NOA1 : 02/11/2002
I130-APPROVED : 01/12/2009
NVC RECEIVED : 20/03/2015

Interview Complete - Visa Received

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

In your uncle case is there any cspa child?

If yes than his or her name is still there after aos?

my oldest son above 21 age(27.10now) but his name was included on COA. Before the day I paid 88$ his name is still there in IV Invoice but Application List is...

Fee :

NOT APPLICABLE

NOT AVAILABLE

DID NOT PAY FEE

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

can i edit coa after submitting for the first time

Hi

yes you can edit it .i did that 2 days after i filled it for the first time . once you click on completed ,you can do that they will send again an email with the same confirmation number after you edit that.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your reply. Actually I will stay for 2 months in US to get the GC. Someone is telling that if immigration officer find return ticket then they delay the Green Card plastic process which will creat problem in future and hang the GC issuing process. And if I leave the US without having the GC plastic then I551 will only allow me 180 days out side of US. Is it true ?

If you have any experience plz share. Thanks again for your advice.

As Sirin has pointed, and also I in my previous post that I-551 stamp is valid for one year. I think, what you meant by 180 days is that you have to fly to US within 180 days of visa issuance date. But I'm sure, I-551 is good for one year.

(As you would know, you can request to extend the time to two years to be out of US). They always give this extension first time, may question the purpose if you apply for extension again (but one of my relative has even done that). Now, I'm not sure if they would extend the stamp by another year or not - but with plastic card in your hand, you can request for extension.

Think about that, 5 years after you land in US, you can apply for US Citizenship - however, you dont have to be physically live in US for 5 years. You can be two years out of US (of those 5 years) and still be eligible for citizenship. So, why would they a) delay issuing your plastic card; just because you have return ticket and b) they dont bother on these small things.

Do NOT worry at all. As I said, I have relatives (family of five) and they all came on return ticket, because they were afraid they may not settle in US. Its another thing that they didn't use the return journey on that ticket.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

PD July 25, 2004

I got married in 2009 and I have four years old son as well. Now when is the appropriate time to get derivative beneficiaries added in my petition? Should I email NVC now or at a later stage? also let me know what are the required docs? What is the process of getting them added in petition?

Thanks and Regards,

Edited by JunaidMalik

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

my oldest son above 21 age(27.10now) but his name was included on COA. Before the day I paid 88$ his name is still there in IV Invoice but Application List is...

Fee :

NOT APPLICABLE

NOT AVAILABLE

DID NOT PAY FEE

does you son has cspa benefit

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi

yes you can edit it .i did that 2 days after i filled it for the first time . once you click on completed ,you can do that they will send again an email with the same confirmation number after you edit that.

there was no middle name by default so i include principle applicant's middle name there when i edit it the second time and also got another confirmation email with same confirmation number like u said.BTW did you get aos?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

there was no middle name by default so i include principle applicant's middle name there when i edit it the second time and also got another confirmation email with same confirmation number like u said.BTW did you get aos?

not yet

Timeline

Thnx VisaGrant..

In my case my parents (ie Principal Applicant) r not in USA but in India. Is there any option that they can file for my adjustment after coming here and stil retain original date ?

From USCIS Website "Family based categories require that a U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for you." but i would want the I485 to be tied to the original I130 filed for my mom ? Is that possible ? or its better to visit India and go through consular processing to avoid complications ?

I am here in US on H1B and I have also experience of filling 485 based on employer case. I have also family based F4 petition going on for me. Based on my experience of both employment and family based petitions, in your situation it is better for you to travel to India and appear for interview with your parents and get the green card.

If you do decide to go for 485 please hire an experience attorney. Do not try to do this on your own otherwise there is great chance you will mess up your green card. Considering the legal fees and dual processes (one for your parents and one for you) I would still advice you to follow the first path. Hope this helps.

Edited by waitingforvisa

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Category F3 . sorry i know this the wrong thread but since this is much active than F3 thread so i'm posting here. help will be appreciated.

My PD sep2004 still didn't receive COA or any letter.
My birthdate 23FEB1994 I'm the son of principle applicant.
Case Approval date SEP2005

In which letter from NVC my name should include for giving myself assurance that i'll get the visa ?

Edited by hemal23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.