3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, are you sure return ticket (two way) will creat problem. I already purchased a return ticket and already paid the GC fee in ELIS.

I will be in US for two months and if I don't get my GC then extend the stay time period. Please advice.

Do NOT worry. It will not be a problem at all.

Having green card doesn't mean, they want to cage and force you to live in US. This is true that GC is given for you to live in US, but they dont return you on your first flight. I have relatives, who came here on return ticket and went back and then came back again.

I'd only advise you to wait for the plastic GC card, if you can. Even if not, still it will not cause you any trouble as the I-551 stamp on your passport would be valid for one year.

Do not cancel your tickets or anything. You're good

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Do NOT worry. It will not be a problem at all.

Having green card doesn't mean, they want to cage and force you to live in US. This is true that GC is given for you to live in US, but they dont return you on your first flight. I have relatives, who came here on return ticket and went back and then came back again.

I'd only advise you to wait for the plastic GC card, if you can. Even if not, still it will not cause you any trouble as the I-551 stamp on your passport would be valid for one year.

Do not cancel your tickets or anything. You're good

Thanks for your reply. Actually I will stay for 2 months in US to get the GC. Someone is telling that if immigration officer find return ticket then they delay the Green Card plastic process which will creat problem in future and hang the GC issuing process. And if I leave the US without having the GC plastic then I551 will only allow me 180 days out side of US. Is it true ?

If you have any experience plz share. Thanks again for your advice.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. Actually I will stay for 2 months in US to get the GC. Someone is telling that if immigration officer find return ticket then they delay the Green Card plastic process which will creat problem in future and hang the GC issuing process. And if I leave the US without having the GC plastic then I551 will only allow me 180 days out side of US. Is it true ?

Immigrant Visas in general:

In general the Immigrant Visa is valid for 180 days. Only in exceptional cases we will be able to issue another visa if you do not enter the United States before the expiration date. Please contact us thru e-mail immigrationrio@state.gov to know how to proceed. This does not apply to Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Winners. DV winners must enter the U.S. before the expiration date. Failure to do so will result in the Visa being forfeited and there will be no possibility of having another DV Visa.

At your first Port-of-Entry in the U.S., the USCIS Officer will retain your visa package and will place an ADIT (admission) stamp into your passport. The USCIS officer can answer questions about when and how you will receive your green card. Until you receive your green card your ADIT stamp is your proof of legal residency in the United States and you can immediately live, work and study in the USCIS office will mail your physical green card to the address that you provided in the Sworn Statement (form DS 230-I).

Note that this "stamp" is valid for one year. It is very important that you remember this expiration date. If you travel outside the U.S. before receiving your physical green card, make sure that you return before the expiration date of the stamp. If you must leave the U.S. and know that you will not be able to return before that date - and you have not yet received your green card - you must request an extension from USCIS before leaving the U.S. You must request this in person from USCIS in the United States. You must not leave the U.S. until you have received it. If, for some reason, the stamp does expire while you are abroad you will have to arrange for someone in the United States to mail you your green card so that you can reenter the U.S.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

In general the Immigrant Visa is valid for 180 days. Only in exceptional cases we will be able to issue another visa if you do not enter the United States before the expiration date. Please contact us thru e-mail immigrationrio@state.gov to know how to proceed. This does not apply to Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Winners. DV winners must enter the U.S. before the expiration date. Failure to do so will result in the Visa being forfeited and there will be no possibility of having another DV Visa.

At your first Port-of-Entry in the U.S., the USCIS Officer will retain your visa package and will place an ADIT (admission) stamp into your passport. The USCIS officer can answer questions about when and how you will receive your green card. Until you receive your green card your ADIT stamp is your proof of legal residency in the United States and you can immediately live, work and study in the USCIS office will mail your physical green card to the address that you provided in the Sworn Statement (form DS 230-I).

Note that this "stamp" is valid for one year. It is very important that you remember this expiration date. If you travel outside the U.S. before receiving your physical green card, make sure that you return before the expiration date of the stamp. If you must leave the U.S. and know that you will not be able to return before that date - and you have not yet received your green card - you must request an extension from USCIS before leaving the U.S. You must request this in person from USCIS in the United States. You must not leave the U.S. until you have received it. If, for some reason, the stamp does expire while you are abroad you will have to arrange for someone in the United States to mail you your green card so that you can reenter the U.S.

Thanks Sirin for your experience sharing...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

2 of my uncle just paid their aos but in the receipt printout their middle name is missing.is that a problem?

In your uncle case is there any cspa child?

If yes than his or her name is still there after aos?

Timeline

Any IL letter coming up ?

For change of status I was told that people need to wait for the priority date to be current to proceed, It is a little different than the consular process.

Anyone with experience in the change of status ?

Call USCIS and check whether an Infopass is feasible to know the next steps....NVC will send your petition to USCIS to adjust status..Medical & Biometrics will be done at a local center...

Good Luck

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director León Rodríguez announced today that, effective May 26, 2015, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is extending eligibility for employment authorization to certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are seeking employment-based lawful permanent resident (LPR) status. The rule change is part of a broader package of immigration reform executive actions announced by President Barack Obama.

...... :thumbs:

Good Luck

Edited by Visa Grant

Timeline

Prediction for April VB movement:

2 weeks - 40%

3 weeks - 40%

4 weeks - 20%

the month of March will have significantly larger number of F4 visa applicants, according to the visa interview appointment schedule published by U.S Consulate in Mumbai. Such 1 month movement is not sustainable at this moment, and I expect the average reasonable movement per month for F4 is 2.5 - 3 weeks, up to July, 2002

If you are basing your data from only mumbai...then results will be skewed... :clock:

Good Luck

Timeline

Do let me know who that is.... :P

.........Just Joking... :)

Good Luck on your POE...

Timeline

................... :thumbs:

......When is ur Interview Date..?

Good Luck

Timeline

Call USCIS and check whether an Infopass is feasible to know the next steps....NVC will send your petition to USCIS to adjust status..Medical & Biometrics will be done at a local center...

Good Luck

...... :thumbs:

Good Luck

i have the similar question. in my case i am not the applicant but derivative beneficiary above 21 so my cspa eligibilty will be calculated in the interview of my parents. Assuming my parents file for my adjustment of status after getting green card how would i retain the original date and tie the Application with I130 filed for my mom ?

Am I being derivative beneficiary eligible to get an InfoPass and inquiry further ? If yes, is there a certain stage where the case has to reach before i can get and apointment. Currently we have filled COA online but not revived any welcome letter or email from NVC.

And most important doubt, does getting Infopass in any way affect the processing of the case or my current status as I am on H1B which techinically is a non-immigrant Visa.

Timeline
I130 - NOA1 : 02/11/2002
I130-APPROVED : 01/12/2009
NVC RECEIVED : 20/03/2015

Interview Complete - Visa Received

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

................... :thumbs:

......When is ur Interview Date..?

Good Luck

Preference Category: F4

Priority Date: 11-SEP-02

Notice of Action(NOA1) 12-SEP-02

Notice of Action(NOA2) 19-NOV-09

08-21 2014 filled Ds261(COA)

09-16 2014 paid 88 $ fee(AOS)

10-07 2014 paid 325 $ fee(IV)

10-14 2014 sent i -864w and Earning Statement(SSA)

11-07 2014 sent Documents (IV Package)

12-25 2014 Case Completed

XX-XX 2015 Interview Letter

XX-XX 2015 Medical Check

XX-XX 2015 Interview Appointment

XX-XX 2015 POE

When do you think I get Interview Date..? :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.