3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Apologies for responding late. My intereview was on 6 Jan. First we were called for documentation checking and the indian officer asked following questions :

Who is calling you ?

How long have you been in UAE ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

What are you working as ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

Whats your mothers maiden name ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

She asked my son his age his birthdate and what is he doing in india.

She asked for medical and latest UAE and Indian Consulate PCCs.

She asked for latest tax papers.

She asked if i had latest pay slip of my brother (which my brother had sent that very morning)

She asked If we had joint sponsorship papers - which we said no, and they said its ok.

She asked if we will be flying back to UAE or will be staying in India. We said we have to join back work. She scribbled some note and asked us to wait.

She told us that our docs are in order and final interview will be conducted by US officer. If he feels ok, then he will grant you visa, in that case please travel to US before your son completes age of 16.

After some time we were called for interview by US consular officer and questions asked were :

Who is calling you ?

How long have you been in UAE ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

What are you working as ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

When did your brother go to to US ?

In which category did he go to US ?

When did you meet your brother and his family ?

When did he go to India ?

How many kids he has ?

Last question was :

By the way - How is Dubai ? To which we replied its good.

Then he confirmed our deliver address for passports.

He said your visa is approved and you would receive it in 5 workign days. (we got our passports within the time frame).

He said please pay USD 165/- per person for green card before travelling to USA.

Complete process took 3 hours for us.

We noticed few questions where people fumbled for answers are listed as below : These questions if answered wrong may put a person in AP (2 cases in front of us were asked to submit pcc and joint sponsorship forms)

Joint Sponsorship. (in my case they did ask, but when i said i dont have...they said its ok. I guess they check the financial stability of petitioner).

Address of person where they sepcifically asked for pin code. (if you dont know then say so, donot give wrong pincodes One lady gave wrong pincode and the officer was asking her in the application the pincode is different and what you are saying is different, dont know what happend to her later)

Police clearance certificate should be from passport office and not from local police station. (Another applicant submitted local PCC and she said its useless for us you need to give certificate from passport office)

Birth certificates should be translated and from proper issuing authorities.

Questions from D260 online form. In few cases, beneficiary was not aware of answers, as online forms were filled by petitioner. (They were general questions, yet people could not answer like their stay or study or residence or regarding the beneficiary. They would go in details only if they doubt that you are not the same person)

Who has filled the D260 form ? (if you have not filled then say so but donot bluff, as one of the officers was asking one beneficiary in front of us - if you have filled the forms then how come you dont know what you have written. Your answer is not matching to what you have written in the form)

Where do you want your green card to be delivered ( Answer has to be USA Address).

You dont have to mug up or by heart your answers, you need to be confident and honest. They have all the details so please please please donot bluff.

Trust it help

you also submitted DS-260 ?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If ur passport issued recently and no change in other details then 1 week

How many days it takes to get pcc from the regional passport office in India.my pd is near to be current can I start filling ds260 now.

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Any update on COA??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F4 - PD - FEB-2003

Status - COA - Completed on April 7

AOS Fee - Paid - Completed on April 21

IV Fee - Paid - Completed on 15th May

DS-260- Form Submitted on 15th July

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi there,
Originally posted in Regional Discussion Area - Philippines - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531998-visa-approved-how-long-until-its-delivered/page-7. But since we're under F4, re-posting here. Some of you may have experienced the situation I am in now ---

Hi,

Here's another guy on the same boat and just want to share my, our family's case actually.

- F4 Visa

- My wife is the principal, me and our kids as derivates

- Had our interview last Jan 13, 2015

- Wife and I had to undergo the Sputum Test (Medical - Oct 7, Sputum Collection - Oct 27, 28 & 29, Results/Vaccination : Dec 29, 2014)

- I have a US Tourist Visa and SLEC said (when we were being scheduled for sputum collection) that I should not travel to US, else, I'll be deported,

- During the interview, the Consul said that "our application is complete"

- The consul turned to me and said since I underwent sputum test, they still need to do something. That VISA delivery takes 1 week, ours can take 2 weeks.

- On to the last Counter (Releasing), the guy (a filipino) said something like they need to delete something from my record, so it may take 3 weeks.

- Our VISA status in CEAC Website is -

Ready for my wife - last update Jan 15, 2015

AP for me - last updated Jan 15, 2015

Ready for my Children (3) - last updated Jan 20, 2015 (updated in Jan 15 prior Jan 20)

I don't know but it did not occur to me to ask for more details (maybe I got too cautious to draw their ire) but I really wonder what that "had to delete something" means.

I am trying to figure it out -

- me and my wife had sputum test

- my wife doesn't have Tourist US Visa, I do

- I was warned not to travel to the US

- they "had to delete something from my record"

- my wife didn't receive any notice about the same matter (i'm the only one in AP status)

Is it about deleting a "warning" under my name?

How about you? How did your interview or conversation went? Were you advised (before you left USEM) that they still need to something on your application?

Thanks and Cheers!

jmac01

Thanks and Cheers!

jmac01

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi there,
Originally posted in Regional Discussion Area - Philippines - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531998-visa-approved-how-long-until-its-delivered/page-7. But since we're under F4, re-posting here. Some of you may have experienced the situation I am in now ---

Thanks and Cheers!

jmac01

I believe only in some countries you have to go under that test. I don't think I will need to do so here.

My interview is FEB-19

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Timeline

Me , my wife and 6 month old kid were interviewed on 15 dec2014. VO asked for w-2 and citizen certificate of a person who sponsored and he said visa for wife and child is approved however I have to go through AP as Iam serving in Qatar since 8 years . We sent required documents to ambassy after few days meantime status for wife and kid was written ready and mine was AP at web side. Yesterday my wife who is main applicant recived call from ambassy they asked weather we need VISA togather or it can be split my wife told them visa may be split but after end of the day when I checked web side my wife name is changed from ready to AP though we were waiting for issued and my son status is ready can someone comments on this

Timeline

Me , my wife and 6 month old kid were interviewed on 15 dec2014. VO asked for w-2 and citizen certificate of a person who sponsored and he said visa for wife and child is approved however I have to go through AP as Iam serving in Qatar since 8 years . We sent required documents to ambassy after few days meantime status for wife and kid was written ready and mine was AP at web side. Yesterday my wife who is main applicant recived call from ambassy they asked weather we need VISA togather or it can be split my wife told them visa may be split but after end of the day when I checked web side my wife name is changed from ready to AP though we were waiting for issued and my son status is ready can someone comments on this

In next few days your wife status will be changed from AP to Ready or visa issued. it is a normal process. No need to worry.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello Everyone I am a new member of this forum..I am so glad to join with you..I have read all of your posts.nd tht helped me so much.

Timeline

In next few days your wife status will be changed from AP to Ready or visa issued. it is a normal process. No need to worry.

thanks it is changed to issued

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck , Please share few more things

1. VO question both of you or main applicant

2. What type of questions he asked.

3. Please share in detail , it will be helpful for others.

4. Is your interview at Isb embassy ?

Regards

FB-3 Visa
I-130 NOA1 : 2003-10-04
I-130 Approved : 2011-03-22
NVC Received : 2014-01-29
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-13
Submit DS-261 : 2014-05-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-11
Send IV Package : 2014-10-09
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-01-02
Case Completed at NVC : 2014-12-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-02
Interview Date : 2015-02-25

VISA ISSUED : 2015-02-26

Green Card Fee (USCIS ElIS) : 2015-03-08

Entry US 2015-06-06

Social Security Card 2015-06-09

Green Card 2015-07-06

Timeline

Congratulations and good luck , Please share few more things my

1. VO question both of you or main applicant

2. What type of questions he asked.

3. Please share in detail , it will be helpful for others.

4. Is your interview at Isb embassy ?

Regards

my wife is main applicant we had interview on 15 December they asked for some pictures with petitioner we had joint sponsor from some relative and they had filled I-864A but VO asked for I-864 and prof of nationality of a person who sent joint sponsor, date of marriage and kids ages of petitions nothing else they asked then VO said they have two visas for us for my wife and child and I have to go under AP Though I had police clearance certificate from qatar but he said they have to get some clearance from qatar now status of my wife is issued , our kid ready and mine AP now God knows how much time AP will take. Visa for wife is issued but 10 month child still ready not issued yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.