Darnell

Houston locations

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK so we took a first stab at this yesterday,

going to the office at The Lake at 610 right at 11:45 AM.

Seemed to be lots of transients around the building, then I noticed the bus stop.

Was a fire truck and an ambulance outside, and

the line was 60 deep outside, with another 100+ seated inside or milling about inside.

Tried to ask humans how how they had been waiting in line, no one answered me,

so

we left.

Lesson Learned - not go to any SSA office on the busline in Houston.

now for a big slog today, heading north. Yay !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

was it in/around Houston? I'm tempted to go southwest to another county.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ya, I shoulda went to that one instead, firstly. sad.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I work almost across the street from the SSA office in San Antonio. I can see how busy the office is by the number of cars parked outside. (there's a bus stop there too) I think generally, early in the morning and later in the week is the best bet. That's when (at least this office) it seems the least busy.

When we went, it was about a 2 hour wait....perhaps 70 people in the waiting area...no one outside and it looked to me to be a relatively busy day.

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Whatttt you don't like the one close to downtown? You in and out get there at opening and yes the bus that buses the homeless around drops off about 7:30ish so get there. Its nice there.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Whatttt you don't like the one close to downtown? You in and out get there at opening and yes the bus that buses the homeless around drops off about 7:30ish so get there. Its nice there.

You mean the one on smith street that they closed not long ago?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You mean the one on smith street that they closed not long ago?

Nooooooooooooo really!! Darn that place was fun times. took many a folk there in out 1 to 2 hours. a Shame.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Ya, I remember something downtown, from ages past, but

the one at The Lakes at 610 was full of people trying to modify their benefits.

I Swear, there should be one day a week for new immigrants. I feel really bad for the security guard that I saw during that 45 second ingress.

We use the office on the north side of Angleton. Nice newish office. Rural. Maybe 25 people inside is the most I've seen, but were in family groups so not that many needing served. I am almost certain the first trip, we had an appointment time but no clue how to do that now. Maybe calling? Last time we popped in to change record to US citizen late in the day. Not one soul inside. We have friends down that way so do SSA things when we are going to visit.

So did you have success farther north?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

na, we slog north next week, got sidetracked with other stuff. grrr. biggrin.png

[interpretation - next week is better, as the personal assistant that I hired for my wife starts work this Sunday]

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Wife and her PA slog early to

16200 DILLARD DR
HOUSTON, TX 77040

and learned she's not in SAVE db yet, and the nice fella suggested a wait of 3 weeks from POE date.

Attempt next week, will report back.

This office opens at 9:00, but the security guard let folk in starting at 8:45 AM.

There are 2 entrances - one for cards only, the other for everything else. Seemed much cleaner than the one at 610 at The Lakes. (The Lakes at 610?)

/end of report

Edited by Darnell

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My wife went yesterday around 11am to the one off of 290 near the beltway to change her name, she couldn't have been there much longer than 15 mini or so as she was only gone from the house for less than an hour. I think the key is to go after the morning rush but before the lunch rush.

Timeline

eh - no save entry record. They did find 2 others, same name, but not the same parents' names, so bleh.

Another slog, next week - i'll mention the time/timing to them, hoping they'll take my advice...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.