zelionprime

February 2014 Filers

788 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you to VisaJourney.com. This website was so helpful to me and my husband throughout the AOS process. This website has accurate information and I found answers to so many of our questions. We did not use an attorney to prepare the applications (I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765). We followed the guides from this site. Our interview lasted about 45 minutes. We had a couple of red flags and I thought the officer would review our case for a couple of months and then make a decision. We did consult with an attorney and were told not to expect an approval on the day of the interview. The attorney advised us that we could wait up to 90 days.

The officer told us that we had sufficient evidence (I had tons of evidence) for an approval and I was so happy inside when I heard the loud thump of the approval stamp on our AOS application.

Again thank you VisaJourney. This site is so wonderful and helpful for people with straight forward cases and people with red flags like ours.

Our case status has been changed on the USCIS website to Card Production.

Send an email to me if you would like tips on what marriage evidence to submit.

:dancing::wow::rofl::dancing::wow::dancing:

Timeline:

February 28, 2014 NOA date for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

April 1, 2014 Biometrics Appointment

May 6, 2014 EAD/AP approval

May 10, 2014 Received Combo EAD/AP card

May 19, 2014 AOS interview-approved!

What were the red flags if you dont mind sharing?

Everyone, please add your details to the Google Spreadsheet - Goodluck to all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit?usp=sharing

My Timeline:
05/15/2017 - Sent N400 package to Dallas
05/22/2017 - Check cashed
06/12/2017 - Fingerprints done
06/20/2017 - In line for Interview
11/02/2017 - Interview scheduled
11/02/2017 - Approved on spot
11/9/2017 - Oath and filed for passport at USPS (Got it in 6 days)

Received my Green Card in the mail yesterday!! I am looking forward to the next (almost) 2 years of immigration freedom! Thanks for all the help and support VJ, see you guys again at ROC - good luck! ;)

Received my Green Card in the mail yesterday!! I am looking forward to the next (almost) 2 years of immigration freedom! Thanks for all the help and support VJ, see you guys again at ROC - good luck! ;)

Woot woot!! Congratulations!!! :)

2001-2005 F1 - College

2005-2011 F1 - Grad School

2011 - 2012 - F1-OPT

2012- current - H1B

June 2011 - We met in San Francisco, CA

July 2012 - Both took the leap of faith and moved to Boston together

September 2013 - Got married

20 Feb 14 [DAY 0] - Sent off AOS (i485, i130, i131,i864, i693).

25 Feb 14 [DAY 1] - USPS Package Received

28 Feb 14 [DAY 3] - TXT/email notification of receival.

03 Mar 14 [DAY 6] - Hardcopy NOA's.

06 Mar 14 [DAY 9] - Biometrics appointment received.

26 Mar 14 [DAY 29] - Biometrics completed.

10 April 14 [DAY 44] - AOS status changed to 'Testing and Interview'

14 April 14 [DAY 48] - Got interview date for May 20th, 2014!

20 May 14 [DAY 84] - Approved! Document/Card Production

29 May 14 [DAY 93] - GC received via USPS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone

I have a quick question. I filed the AOS along with I-765 and I-131 for my wife who entered on a K-1 visa.. It was received by USCIS on February 26, 2014. Last week I received the EAD combo card in the mail. My status for the I-485 still shows in the acceptance stage on the case status site.

When I sent off the AOS package I included my 2012 tax return and transcripts for three years as well. I had not filed 2013 taxes at the time of filing since it was not due. I was wondering if this will be a problem for our application. We have not received anything or heard from them at all. I have since filed an extension for my 2013 taxes.

Also any idea why I have not heard regarding an interview or anything.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Hi Everyone

I have a quick question. I filed the AOS along with I-765 and I-131 for my wife who entered on a K-1 visa.. It was received by USCIS on February 26, 2014. Last week I received the EAD combo card in the mail. My status for the I-485 still shows in the acceptance stage on the case status site.

When I sent off the AOS package I included my 2012 tax return and transcripts for three years as well. I had not filed 2013 taxes at the time of filing since it was not due. I was wondering if this will be a problem for our application. We have not received anything or heard from them at all. I have since filed an extension for my 2013 taxes.

Also any idea why I have not heard regarding an interview or anything.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Bring the notice of extension approval (or anything similar to prove you filed for extension). And if you do file before you get an interview, keep that recent tax transcript on hand and be sure to bring it with you to your interview when you do get one.

As for the interview date it all depends on your field office! They all process at different rates depending on how backlogged they are. Which office is closest to you?

Edited by charlottelizabeth

I also had my interview at 26 Federal Plaza this morning.

Our appt was at 9:30 a.m. and we arrived on time but we were only called after 11:15 a.m. There were a lot of people!

Our interview started with a major snag and we knew it would happen and came prepared. We had applied for the I-130 since July 2013 and it was supposed to have been transferred from Nebraska service centre to the NY office to match up with our I-485 AND we had clearly stated that it needed to be transferred on our AOS cover letter and provided the copy of the I-130 transfer notice...yeah...that so didn't happen... :protest:

The I-130 is still sitting in Nebraska folks...since Sept 2013! Fortunately we had carried a complete copy of the I-130, with fresh signatures and passport pictures which allowed me to actually get through the interview. The IO couldn't believe that I had gotten scheduled for the interview without the I-130 not already in the file. He reviewed the I-130 copy we provided and accepted that as being complete. He then reviewed the I-485 yes/no questions, asked me to confirm my current address and the date we got married. That was it! He didn't ask to see any additional bona fide evidence (as we had front-loaded the I-130) or see our wedding album. He looked pretty stern at first glance but he was really nice to both my husband and I and laughed with us several times.

He said his supervisor wanted the original I-130 transferred from Nebraska before they can approve the AOS and he wrote in my passport that my AOS is pending. He said that he hopes that they transfer the I-130 from NSC asap but we all know that this could potentially take weeks :(

So even though the interview went really well and he was pretty much ready to approve me, it is still in pending status for the moment thanks to the I-130 fiasco!

Wow, that'a long time to wait! Congrats, hope the i-130 will be transferred very soon for you :)

Thank you to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you to VisaJourney.com. This website was so helpful to me and my husband throughout the AOS process. This website has accurate information and I found answers to so many of our questions. We did not use an attorney to prepare the applications (I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765). We followed the guides from this site. Our interview lasted about 45 minutes. We had a couple of red flags and I thought the officer would review our case for a couple of months and then make a decision. We did consult with an attorney and were told not to expect an approval on the day of the interview. The attorney advised us that we could wait up to 90 days.

The officer told us that we had sufficient evidence (I had tons of evidence) for an approval and I was so happy inside when I heard the loud thump of the approval stamp on our AOS application.

Again thank you VisaJourney. This site is so wonderful and helpful for people with straight forward cases and people with red flags like ours.

Our case status has been changed on the USCIS website to Card Production.

Send an email to me if you would like tips on what marriage evidence to submit.

:dancing::wow::rofl::dancing::wow::dancing:

Timeline:

February 28, 2014 NOA date for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

April 1, 2014 Biometrics Appointment

May 6, 2014 EAD/AP approval

May 10, 2014 Received Combo EAD/AP card

May 19, 2014 AOS interview-approved!

I agree. Visajourney is a holy grail of immigration forums. Congrats on your approval!

November 2013 - Got Married, yay!

Adjustment of Status

02-26-2014 [Day 01] - AOS package sent to the Chicago Lockbox
02-27-2014 [Day 02] - Package was received and signed for
03-06-2014 [Day 09] - Received Receipt Notice through text. Status: Acceptance for I-485; Initial Review for I-130+I-765
03-10-2014 [Day 13] - Hard Copies of NOA received (notice date 02/28)
03-14-2014 [Day 17] - Biometric Appointment Letter received in the mail (04/01/2014)
03-19-2014 [Day 22] - Successful walk-in for Biometrics Appointment at Brooklyn ASC
04-02-2014 [Day 36] - Notifications via text & e-mail: i-485 updated to "Testing and Interview"
04-08-2014 [Day 42] - Notifications via text & e-mail: Interview Appointment Notice for May, 12th
04-12-2014 [Day 46] - Interview Notice received in the mail
05-08-2014 [Day 72] - Notifications via text & e-mail: I-765 status changed to 'Card/Document Production'
05-12-2014 [Day 76] - Interview at Federal Plaza, NY
05-12-2014 [Day 76] - i-485 and i-130 Case Status Update: Initial Review
05-13-2014 [Day 77] - i-765 Case Status Update: EAD card mailed, tracking # included
05-14-2014 [Day 78] - 115PM I-130 Case Status Update: Post Decision Activity - petition was approved
05-14-2014 [Day 78] - 330PM - i-485 Case Status Update: Card Production, 715PM - i-485 Case Status Update: Decision
05-14-2014 [Day 78] - 516PM - i-765 - EAD card delivered
05-19-2014 [Day 83] - 830AM - i-485 Case Status Update: Card Production; 630PMi-485 Case Status Update: Tracking for the Card
05-20-2014 [Day 84] - Green card is in hands!

Removal of Conditions

03-21-2016 [Day 01] - i-751 package sent to VSC

03-23-2016 [Day 03] - package was delivered

My I-485 status was updated this morning to Card/Document Production! I guess that means that we were approved!

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

AOS

05-24-2014 [Day 93] - Received Green Card

ROC

02-22-2016 [Day 01] - ROC package sent to Vermont Service Center

02-25-2016 [Day 04] - Package was received (USPS tracking)

02-26-2016 [Day 05] - NOA1 Receipt Date

03-31-2016 [Day 39] - Biometrics

02-27-2017 [Day 370] - Approval

N400 - Citizenship

08-29-2019 [Day 01] - Filed online

09-19-2019 [Day 22] - Biometrics Appointment

Initial Estimated Case Completion Date: May 2020

Current Estimated Case Completion Date: August 2020

How was your interview in Boston today?

My interview went well! We got there about 25 minutes early, waited in the room till we were called. As is done in Boston, the USC is interviewed first. The IO asked the following:

1. Where did you meet?

2. What was the name of the location?

3. Parents names, both our birth of dates

4. Which family members have you met and where

5. What did you do the day of your wedding? WHo was there?

6. What did you do after everything was over?

7. What is your current address?

8. What did we each get our degrees in?

9. Where were we working at the time we met?

10. Why did we both move across country.

I was called in and asked the same questions pretty much and he was checking them off on a piece of paper as I answered.

He asked for passports, other documents (health insurance, dual account evidence and life insurance) and went through the photo album and asked questions about the location of a few of them. He then asked my the same questions of the I-485 and I answered no to all of them (i chuckled when he asked about the espionage one and he smiled too).

He then said he had no issues with our case and that he would approve it immediately. He told us about the conditional green card and that it would arrive in 5-7 days. He shook our hands and asked us about the weather outside and we told him it was nice.

About 5 minutes after leaving the building I got a text saying my case was in document/card production.

I AM SOOOO HAPPPY. It was a stressful process, but worth it in the end. And I want to than all of the people on here. It's a community I have grown to love. Best of luck to everyone!!

2001-2005 F1 - College

2005-2011 F1 - Grad School

2011 - 2012 - F1-OPT

2012- current - H1B

June 2011 - We met in San Francisco, CA

July 2012 - Both took the leap of faith and moved to Boston together

September 2013 - Got married

20 Feb 14 [DAY 0] - Sent off AOS (i485, i130, i131,i864, i693).

25 Feb 14 [DAY 1] - USPS Package Received

28 Feb 14 [DAY 3] - TXT/email notification of receival.

03 Mar 14 [DAY 6] - Hardcopy NOA's.

06 Mar 14 [DAY 9] - Biometrics appointment received.

26 Mar 14 [DAY 29] - Biometrics completed.

10 April 14 [DAY 44] - AOS status changed to 'Testing and Interview'

14 April 14 [DAY 48] - Got interview date for May 20th, 2014!

20 May 14 [DAY 84] - Approved! Document/Card Production

29 May 14 [DAY 93] - GC received via USPS

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow congrats!

Me and my wife do not have joint bank account cuz we prefer to be financially separate. Hope that will not be a big issue.

Edited by doaswedo

09/21--married

02/25--AOS sent

03/10--received 2 NOAs

03/15--received biometrics letter with appt date 04/01

03/19--biometrics early walk-in done

03/24--'testing and interview'

04/30--received text/email for interview date on 06/04

05/12--received text/email that EAD is in production

05/16--received text/email that EAD is mailed

05/17--received EAD in mail

06/04--interview day, approved on the spot!

06/09--card/document in production

06/09--card mailed

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My interview went well! We got there about 25 minutes early, waited in the room till we were called. As is done in Boston, the USC is interviewed first. The IO asked the following:

1. Where did you meet?

I was called in and asked the same questions pretty much and he was checking them off on a piece of paper as I answered.

He asked for passports, other documents (health insurance, dual account evidence and life insurance) and went through the photo album and asked questions about the location of a few of them. He then asked my the same questions of the I-485 and I answered no to all of them (i chuckled when he asked about the espionage one and he smiled too).

He then said he had no issues with our case and that he would approve it immediately. He told us about the conditional green card and that it would arrive in 5-7 days. He shook our hands and asked us about the weather outside and we told him it was nice.

About 5 minutes after leaving the building I got a text saying my case was in document/card production.

I AM SOOOO HAPPPY. It was a stressful process, but worth it in the end. And I want to than all of the people on here. It's a community I have grown to love. Best of luck to everyone!!

Congrats! And yeah my lawyer also told me that in Boston they interview people separately.

Hello all!

I am a US Citizen and I am sponsoring my husband ( he is currently in the Dominican Republic). Here is my timeline!

04/20/2011 Met online

07/05/2012 first met in person

08/05/2012 got engage

12/28/2013 got married

02/22/2014 send I-130 package to Chicago

02/25/2014 was received

02/28/2014 was accepted...I received the notice via text and an email.

03/03/2014 I received a hard copy of our NOA1 our case is at Nebraska Service Center for approval!

Since February 25 it is on initial review.

I saw that Nebraska is working now on January 2nd, 2014 as february filers we are almost there! Good luck to all of you.

By the way I check my phone day and night hoping to see a text with my approval info ahhahaha.

1. Where did you meet?

Many many congrats!!!! ?? I hope to join you on the green side in 3.5 weeks!

AOS from VWP

17 March packet mailed (day 0)

21 March Priority Date (day 4)

27 March text/email NOAs received (day 10)

31 March hard copy NOAs received (day 14)

7 April Biometrics letter received for appt on April 28 (day 21)

11 April successful biometrics walk in (day 25)

29 April Testing and Interview ? (day 43)

8 May Date on NOA of interview schedule (day 52)

12 May received hard copy NOA of interview scheduled 16 June! (day 56) :dancing:

27 May email received stating EAD card is in production and my AP has been approved (day 71)

30 May email received stating EAD has been shipped, should arrive Monday! (Day 74)

2 June received EAD in the mail (day 77)

16 June INTERVIEW :dancing: APPROVED!!!! (day 91!!!!)

20 June email received stating Green Card picked up by USPS due to be delivered on Monday 23rd!!!

23 June my green card arrived :dance:

Total time from packet mailed to Green Card received 98 days!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is the check cashed?

Hello all!
I am a US Citizen and I am sponsoring my husband ( he is currently in the Dominican Republic). Here is my timeline!

04/20/2011 Met online
07/05/2012 first met in person
08/05/2012 got engage
12/28/2013 got married

02/22/2014 send I-130 package to Chicago
02/25/2014 was received
02/28/2014 was accepted...I received the notice via text and an email.
03/03/2014 I received a hard copy of our NOA1 our case is at Nebraska Service Center for approval!
Since February 25 it is on initial review.
I saw that Nebraska is working now on January 2nd, 2014 as february filers we are almost there! Good luck to all of you.
By the way I check my phone day and night hoping to see a text with my approval info ahhahaha.

Everyone, please add your details to the Google Spreadsheet - Goodluck to all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit?usp=sharing

My Timeline:
05/15/2017 - Sent N400 package to Dallas
05/22/2017 - Check cashed
06/12/2017 - Fingerprints done
06/20/2017 - In line for Interview
11/02/2017 - Interview scheduled
11/02/2017 - Approved on spot
11/9/2017 - Oath and filed for passport at USPS (Got it in 6 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.