mota bhai

Indian authorities apologize to villagers for tiger attacks, advise them to take dumps in groups

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Heads up if you're planning on traveling to northern India soon: A single tiger has reportedly killed at least 10 people in the region over the past seven weeks.

According to the Associated Press, the tiger's killing streak began on December 29, when the female cat mauled a 65-year-old man to death in the Sambhal district of the Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.

On Sunday, the cat claimed her latest victim, a 50-year-old man who was collecting firewood near his home. Most of the man's legs and stomach had been eaten by the time neighbors scared the cat away.

Wildlife officials almost trapped the beast this weekend but fell short. "On Saturday night the tigress almost fell in trap and was close to the calf," Saket Badola, deputy director of Corbett National Park, said. "But she did not attack the bait and left silently."

Angry and frightened villagers have demanded more protection, going so far as to take over a national forestry office.

"We can understand the predicament of the villagers," Badola said. "The villagers do not have toilets in their homes. They go out in the open or forest areas to answer nature's call. In this scenario it is difficult to give protection to each and every villager. We have advised them to move in groups."

http://gawker.com/man-eating-tiger-in-india-claims-10th-victim-1520603206

And a copy paste of a Gawker comment thread on this article... because reader comments are the best thing on the Internet.

Why are people "rooting" for the tiger? The villagers aren't bothering it, they're being preyed upon. This is totally different from a poacher or performer getting attacked.

Seriously. The villagers just want to be able to go to the bathroom. They haven't done anything. They aren't humanity's sacrifice to nature for all the evils done to it by mankind.

Gawker: Where ####### practice their craft.

It's good when nature fights back. us humans, man.

Because people on Gawker are rotten ###### racist dickheads.

Because it's a female tiger, or the tiger has a mental illness or the tiger was molested as a child or the tiger killed only cops.

“Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.”

Move in groups? How do you move in groups to take a ? in groups?

Yeah, I think that is what he means. Or a bunch of people stand guard as one person shits. It is a ###### horrible situation.

pretty sure the tigers were there before the villagers. Sprawl is aggression against nature.

Let's blame the Tiger for acting on it's instinct when it's normal food source has been eradicated, yeah?

I think wildlife probably has a different opinion about whether or not the spatial expansion of killer hairless apes into their hunting ranges and habitats is bothersome.

People are rooting for the Tiger because there are about 3,500 Tigers left in the world, down from about 100,000 a century ago. So yeah, the villagers might not be killing them directly but they're in their habitat...much of which has been destroyed already. Let the ###### Tigers be.

Probably because they have been progressively settling its natural hunting habitat, forcing it to live on a small piece of land and putting it on the list of endangered species. Also, as the article states, the villagers have been using (and marking) its territory as a toilet.

Did you read the article at all? The tiger escaped from a nature preserve and came TO the villagers.

You can not blame the tiger and still not celebrate villagers being eaten alive. Empathy and compassion involve the ability to understand both of these things.

Because they're most urban dwellers or people who don't have to come in contact with predatory wild animals roaming anywhere near them.

But you just know these ####### would be the first to complain if a coyote or wolf started running around their neighborhood, eating the pets.

I'd ###### love to. If I'm going to die, I could think of no better way to go than consumed by a beautiful creature.

Americans don't realize their prioritizing of animals over humans comes from such a place of privilege.

Because these tigers are endangered and Indians are not.

Oh, they get all the feels over a cut up giraffe. But 10 villagers? Who were just minding their own business? They DESERVED it.

If the tiger was hunting these villagers with a rifle, then they would be outraged. Also, they're icky brown people anyhow. No toilets!

Whereever you live was once the habitat of a whole ecosystem. And if those animals came back and killed you in front of your village (but you probably don't live in a village) someone would probably mourn for your loss. Doesn't mean the animal that killed you was wrong. But it also doesn't mean you aren't a human being who deserves some respect.

It's not as though the tiger was imprisoned in the preserve and escaped to return to it's homeland like a Pixar movie. Rather, the tiger lived on a large preserve it's entire life, went to the villagers on accident, and now both it's life and the villagers lives need fixing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tigers were there long before the people, so it's their yard. You move into the mountians and then complain about the bears, it's their yard. Stay out of their yard and you won't get eaten.. Take a chance on $hitin alone and you become one notch lower in the food chain..

Tigers were there long before the people, so it's their yard. You move into the mountians and then complain about the bears, it's their yard. Stay out of their yard and you won't get eaten.. Take a chance on $hitin alone and you become one notch lower in the food chain..

wow.gif

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I am going to assume you are speaking for the tigers so please let your tiger friends know that they are all going to have to die now.

Heads up if you're planning on traveling to northern India soon: A single tiger has reportedly killed at least 10 people in the region over the past seven weeks.

According to the Associated Press, the tiger's killing streak began on December 29, when the female cat mauled a 65-year-old man to death in the Sambhal district of the Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.

On Sunday, the cat claimed her latest victim, a 50-year-old man who was collecting firewood near his home. Most of the man's legs and stomach had been eaten by the time neighbors scared the cat away.

Wildlife officials almost trapped the beast this weekend but fell short. "On Saturday night the tigress almost fell in trap and was close to the calf," Saket Badola, deputy director of Corbett National Park, said. "But she did not attack the bait and left silently."

Angry and frightened villagers have demanded more protection, going so far as to take over a national forestry office.

"We can understand the predicament of the villagers," Badola said. "The villagers do not have toilets in their homes. They go out in the open or forest areas to answer nature's call. In this scenario it is difficult to give protection to each and every villager. We have advised them to move in groups."

http://gawker.com/man-eating-tiger-in-india-claims-10th-victim-1520603206

I worry if my IPAD battery will last or my wife will discover I was looking at boobs , while sitting on the throne. Those poor slobs worry about being eaten.

But how hard would it be to build a Fenced in outdoor Privy.

Heck poop in sack and carry it to the woods. That is what they get for being poor

Edited by The Nature Boy

and the native Americans were hear long before us, unfortunate there society and technology did not evolve, and although they had superior numbers, they could not keep what was theirs. Just cause you bet me to the spot, don't mean it's your if you can't defend it

Tigers serve no purpose in the modern world.

Kill them all and let God sort it out

I worry if my IPAD battery will last or my wife will discover I was looking at boobs , while sitting on the throne. Those poor slobs worry about being eaten.

But how hard would it be to build a Fenced in outdoor Privy.

Heck poop in sack and carry it to the woods. That is what they get for being poor

Why do you disrespect your wife so much? Hiding in the shitter to look at other womens boobs so she will not 'find out'? Boggles the mind.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Why do you disrespect your wife so much? Hiding in the shitter to look at other womens boobs so she will not 'find out'? Boggles the mind.

doesn't take much to boggle your mind does it