midge and isi

N-400 March 2014

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello every one I am practive my 100 questions I am having problum some question let me know pls I have yo gave alll answer on those question or I gave one of each cause every question have some points so if any buddy have an experience let me know pls

1-what did decleration of indepence do ?

2-what did the emancipation proclamation do ?

3-why do some states have more repres than other stat ?

4-what does the judicial branch do ?

5-who makes federals laws ?

6-what did marther luther king jr do ?

Yyyy the reason I am.asking u guyes becouse those question have some points to answer so do I have to gave all points answers or any one point pls update me if any one have an exp for that.

Cause I had an interview on 12 augest

When multiple answers are listed as correct, giving any one of those is accepted. You don't need all of them. Unless - like JimmyHou said - you get a question that specifically asks you to list 2 or 3 from the list of correct answers. Good luck!

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope I'm not interfering, but I also advise you to go over your entire application with someone very fluent in English or a native speaker. This is because the interviewer will go over the N400 form with you and will judge your English speaking ability by your ability to answer all the questions. I'm sure that you understand all the questions, but sometimes it's harder to answer them when you can't see them in front of you. It might be a good idea to practice with someone so that you are confident that you'll be able to answer all the questions verbally. It might also be a good idea to practice the test questions verbally instead of only on paper.

The book I was given at my FP appointment included a CD where the questions and answers are read. I find it best to put it on random and listen to it. That way I don't know what question is coming next.

Filed: Timeline

I had my interview on Friday the 18th at the San Bernardino, CA Field Office and wanted to share my experince hoping that maybe it will help someone.

I left my house with plenty of time to compensate for Friday traffic and unforeseen situations (didn't want to be late or in a hurry), even though the office is only 30 minutes away and I’m glad I did. I encountered traffic and Google navigation was close but not exact, weird because the map was correct. I arrived at the Field Office building 40 minutes before my appointment time. Looks like a fairly new building, plenty of free parking all around the building and the entrance is in the back of the building, they have a security check point with a metal detector (just like at the airport) and there were about 20 people waiting in the security line. The line moved a little slow and the metal detector was very sensitive, it beeped twice on me so I removed everything that had metal and emptied all my pockets into the bin that they x-ray. A lady had a metal fork in her purse which slowed things a bit, they did not let her dispose of it inside the building and was asked to take it back outside, so she did and had to wait in line again. After I made it through security they asked me what I was there for and I was directed to take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Right outside the elevator was a reception area with a tray on top of the counter, I told the lady I had an appointment and she asked me (with a very serious face and a short glance) to place the appointment letter in the tray, take a seat and wait to be called. There were approximately 30 people in the waiting area which had a sign with max occupancy of just over 160 (167 I believe), so it looked pretty empty. They had four or five entrance doors to the interviewing offices and also a restroom. There were signs saying that cell phone use was not allowed, but I guess they meant talking on it because a lot of people were using their cell phones (texting or ?), I left my in my car.

So I was about 20 minutes early and a little over dressed, most people dressed casual and some looked like they were on vacation on a tropical island, so much for appropriate attire. Some people in the waiting room looked very pensive, others nervous and some were doing last minute reviews on the civics questions. A few people were called in as I waited, a few tried unsuccessfuly to walk in with their companions, exept for lady that was legally blind, I was a little apprehensive of the unknown, but kept my cool and waited patiently when all of a sudden a male IO came out of one of the doors and called my name 5 minutes after my scheduled appointment and asked me to walk with him to his office (one of many), he stood behind his desk and asked me to remain standing, asked me to raise my right hand and was sworn in, he made eye contact without blinking, and I did the same.

He was very serious, to the point and business like, but very nice. He had a binder that was about a quarter of an inch thick including the 21 page N400 application on his desk, asked to see my green card and driver’s license (did not ask for the yellow letter that I received asking me to bring ID) compared them both against my N400 application and made some check marks with a red pen, then he proceeded to ask and verify every question on the application, asked if I wanted to change my name, asked about my wife, kids, job, address, aliases, etc... wrote some things down and made check marks. When he got to the cited/arrested part, I mentioned that I've had traffic fines (tickets) in the past, he asked what they were and if I paid for them, I told him yes and he just kept going. When he got to the yes/no questions, he made it a point to look at me straight in the eyes (maybe to see my reaction), he then reviewed every quickly one more time made some notes and took out a piece of paper that had three questions on it, he said he was going to test my english reading and writing skills, then proceeded to ask me to read the first question (Where is the White House?) he marked it correct, then gave me a piece of paper and asked me to write "The White House is in Washington, DC", he took it from me, looked at it and said thanks.

He then took out another piece of paper with 10 questions and asked:
What is the supreme law of the land?
Who vetoes bills?
What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
Who did the United States fight in World War II?
What is an amendment?
What is the capital of your state?

He then stamped, checked and stapled a bunch of things. Had me sign a couple of forms. Reviewed everything and gave me a form (N-652) that said: Naturalization Interview Results:
You passed the tests of English and US history and government
Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.”
He then asked me if I had any questions, I said no, he said congratulations, have a good day.
I followed him to the exit and that was it. Not painfull at all.

Over all a good experience, better that I expected.

He did not ask to see, the yellow letter, tax transcripts, extra passport pictures, passport, selective service letter or any of the extra stuff I took with me just in case, only green card and driver's license.
Now I just have to wait patienly for an oath ceremony date.

Good luck to you all!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline

I had my interview on Friday the 18th at the San Bernardino, CA Field Office and wanted to share my experince hoping that maybe it will help someone.

I left my house with plenty of time to compensate for Friday traffic and unforeseen situations (didn't want to be late or in a hurry), even though the office is only 30 minutes away and I’m glad I did. I encountered traffic and Google navigation was close but not exact, weird because the map was correct. I arrived at the Field Office building 40 minutes before my appointment time. Looks like a fairly new building, plenty of free parking all around the building and the entrance is in the back of the building, they have a security check point with a metal detector (just like at the airport) and there were about 20 people waiting in the security line. The line moved a little slow and the metal detector was very sensitive, it beeped twice on me so I removed everything that had metal and emptied all my pockets into the bin that they x-ray. A lady had a metal fork in her purse which slowed things a bit, they did not let her dispose of it inside the building and was asked to take it back outside, so she did and had to wait in line again. After I made it through security they asked me what I was there for and I was directed to take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Right outside the elevator was a reception area with a tray on top of the counter, I told the lady I had an appointment and she asked me (with a very serious face and a short glance) to place the appointment letter in the tray, take a seat and wait to be called. There were approximately 30 people in the waiting area which had a sign with max occupancy of just over 160 (167 I believe), so it looked pretty empty. They had four or five entrance doors to the interviewing offices and also a restroom. There were signs saying that cell phone use was not allowed, but I guess they meant talking on it because a lot of people were using their cell phones (texting or ?), I left my in my car.

So I was about 20 minutes early and a little over dressed, most people dressed casual and some looked like they were on vacation on a tropical island, so much for appropriate attire. Some people in the waiting room looked very pensive, others nervous and some were doing last minute reviews on the civics questions. A few people were called in as I waited, a few tried unsuccessfuly to walk in with their companions, exept for lady that was legally blind, I was a little apprehensive of the unknown, but kept my cool and waited patiently when all of a sudden a male IO came out of one of the doors and called my name 5 minutes after my scheduled appointment and asked me to walk with him to his office (one of many), he stood behind his desk and asked me to remain standing, asked me to raise my right hand and was sworn in, he made eye contact without blinking, and I did the same.

He was very serious, to the point and business like, but very nice. He had a binder that was about a quarter of an inch thick including the 21 page N400 application on his desk, asked to see my green card and driver’s license (did not ask for the yellow letter that I received asking me to bring ID) compared them both against my N400 application and made some check marks with a red pen, then he proceeded to ask and verify every question on the application, asked if I wanted to change my name, asked about my wife, kids, job, address, aliases, etc... wrote some things down and made check marks. When he got to the cited/arrested part, I mentioned that I've had traffic fines (tickets) in the past, he asked what they were and if I paid for them, I told him yes and he just kept going. When he got to the yes/no questions, he made it a point to look at me straight in the eyes (maybe to see my reaction), he then reviewed every quickly one more time made some notes and took out a piece of paper that had three questions on it, he said he was going to test my english reading and writing skills, then proceeded to ask me to read the first question (Where is the White House?) he marked it correct, then gave me a piece of paper and asked me to write "The White House is in Washington, DC", he took it from me, looked at it and said thanks.

Who vetoes bills?

What is an amendment?

He then stamped, checked and stapled a bunch of things. Had me sign a couple of forms. Reviewed everything and gave me a form (N-652) that said: Naturalization Interview Results:

You passed the tests of English and US history and government

Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.”

He then asked me if I had any questions, I said no, he said congratulations, have a good day.

I followed him to the exit and that was it. Not painfull at all.

Over all a good experience, better that I expected.

He did not ask to see, the yellow letter, tax transcripts, extra passport pictures, passport, selective service letter or any of the extra stuff I took with me just in case, only green card and driver's license.

Now I just have to wait patienly for an oath ceremony date.

Good luck to you all!!!

Excellent detail and congratulations!

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 21-July-14)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

00-XXX-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling
00-XXX-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

I will keep you posted, on July 17th just two days after my interview, my status changed to schedule for Oath Ceremony. I'm thinking I should get the letter with the date very soon. :dancing:

Good Luck...Please keep us posted on the additional documents requested!

Congrats...Am following your timeline as Tampa is our local field office as well.

Please let us know when you are scheduled for the oath...

3/08/2013 Eligibility date

3/20/2014 N-400 sent

3/27/2014 Check cashed

3/31/2014 NOA

4/22/2014 Biometrics appointment

4/24/2014 In line for interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still no oath letter form my boys, I might give it a little longer then inquire to make sure nothing got lost in the mail.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Wise_Hawk,

I hope you will take this in the helpful vein in which it is intended: at the risk of sounding callous, I (if I were you) would pay equal attention to raising the standard of my spoken and written English as it sounds you intend to do with your knowledge of US Civics. Earlier in this thread, a poster remarked on this (I believe somethng along the lines of the proper speling of "schedule" which continues to elude you), and you and another poster jumped all over him for being rude. Whether or not the remark was rude, the fact remains that it was not completely remiss. As you may have noticed, a poster (in fact, the same person who made the accusation of rudeness in your defence) was unfortunately sent back to the interview line for failing to display adequate language skills at the initial interview for naturalisation. The comprehension of English is something that could easily, and understandably, be underestimated, but it would seem that it's just as important as everything else.

I do not know how strict the New York City USCIS standards for assessing English language skills are, but if they are half as strict as seems to be the case in Oakland Park, I would spend the rest of my time between now and the interview to giving serious effort to raising my proficiency. Luckily, the standards for English language testing for the purposes of naturalisation are absurdly simplistic meaning that, with the right motivation, this should be no problem for you at all.

I wish you all the best. Do continue to keep us apprised of your progress.

Hello every one I am practive my 100 questions I am having problum some question let me know pls I have yo gave alll answer on those question or I gave one of each cause every question have some points so if any buddy have an experience let me know pls

1-what did decleration of indepence do ?

2-what did the emancipation proclamation do ?

3-why do some states have more repres than other stat ?

4-what does the judicial branch do ?

5-who makes federals laws ?

6-what did marther luther king jr do ?

Yyyy the reason I am.asking u guyes becouse those question have some points to answer so do I have to gave all points answers or any one point pls update me if any one have an exp for that.

Cause I had an interview on 12 augest

I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

00-XXX-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

Timeline

Updating: received a telephone call a short while ago that my N-400 application has been approved.

Who vetoes bills?

What is an amendment?

I had the exact same six questions !! Well, congratulations !

Darth Vader Kuu, congratulations !

Timeline

I had the exact same six questions !! Well, congratulations !

Darth Vader Kuu, congratulations !

Thanks, Myles2986!

(and to Mistere, second stage, and Christi85 for your encouragement)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Updating: received a telephone call a short while ago that my N-400 application has been approved.

Congratulations!!

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Timeline

Congratulations!!

Obrigado, alix!

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just received the letter with the date for the Oath Ceremony, it will be this Friday July 25 at 10am. That was so fast! Only 10 days after my interview. :jest: :jest: :jest::dance:

3/08/2013 Eligibility date

3/20/2014 N-400 sent

3/27/2014 Check cashed

3/31/2014 NOA

4/22/2014 Biometrics appointment

4/24/2014 In line for interview

I just received the letter with the date for the Oath Ceremony, it will be this Friday July 25 at 10am. That was so fast! Only 10 days after my interview. :jest: :jest: :jest::dance:

Congrats! that's good news for Tampa filers...

Do you know where the oath ceremony is and how often do they have these ceremonies?

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Timeline

Congrats! that's good news for Tampa filers...

Do you know where the oath ceremony is and how often do they have these ceremonies?

second stage,

I do not know where the oath ceremonies are held, but here is some information on frequency:

Judicial ceremonies (usually those requiring name changes) - once a month

Administrative ceremonies - once a week

Same-day ceremonies (I'm guessing strictly administrative) - available, but not always offered

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/florida-tampa-field-office#Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.