iamatemple

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC (IV)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I-130 approved.

Fees paid for I-864 and that is sent off last month.

IV fees paid ($230 for each applicant)

Seems IV is waiting for documents that are to be submitted to NVC in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Required Documents

Original documents, photocopies, and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
Photographs
Birth Certificates
Adoption Documentation
Marriage Certificates
Marriage Termination Documentation
Military Records
Police Certificates
Court and Prison Records
Petitioner Documents
Deportation Documentation
I am in the states and my wife and her son are in Philippines. (though I treat him as my son he is not adopted as of yet)

All these documents pertain ONLY to those coming to USA, is that a correct assessment?

Petitioner documentation isn't needed (military records or past divorce decrees) according to my understanding as I'm not traveling with my wife here but will meet her at the airport after arrival.

Beneficiary documents for those coming to USA seem to be what NVC seeks here for CR-1/CR-2 visa, yes? (spouse in Philippines and her young son who at 4 hopefully doesn't have a prison record, divorce decree, or have been deported)

After searching and finding no clear answer this post comes to life.

I am refreshed to see the willing helpfulness to others I see here and if I'm breaking some unknown rule of the forum I'm ready to be lambasted and ground up in the "machine".

Bless the helpful ones here that make all of those immigrating have somewhere to be refreshed and get answers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you paid the fees online,

there was another instruction area visible at the online payment portal.

there's instructions for the I-864 (AOS) and the DS-260 (IV).

When you get a moment, please dig around (there) again.

If'n you not want to do that,

at least dig around here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/family-preference.html#10

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

What is needed in the IV package?

Generally, the following is needed:

- Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

- Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

- Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

- Original or Certified Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original or Certified Copy of marriage certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original police certificate(s)

Please read: http://travel.state..../info_3195.html for additional documents if applicable (such as petitioner documents in IR-5 cases or divorce/military records or proof of permanent residency, etc).

Also, read posts 1 and 2 here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478133-nvc-filers-february-2014/

08.24.2013 - got married in the Philippines!

09.25.2013 - NOA1 via email

11.18.2013 - requested expedite due to typhoon

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

12.12.2013 - I-130 approved, NOA2 via email (never transferred); shipped to NVC

12.30.2013 - NVC received the case

01.06.2014 - requested expedite due to typhoon and PCS

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.09.2014 - AOS fee billed

01.14.2014 - AOS fee showed paid

01.15.2014 - IV fee billed; expedite approved

01.18.2014 - sent AOS package

01.22.2014 - IV fee showed paid; AOS arrived at NVC as per UPS (10:18am by FNU)

01.24.2014 - sent IV package

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

01.29.2014 - CASE COMPLETE (via phonecall)

01.30.2014 - received checklist for Dutch Police Record (VOG) via email

01.31.2014 - left NVC, sent to embassy

02.04.2014 - received at embassy, READY as per CEAC

02.10-11.2014 - medical done, passed!

02.24.2014 - interview: APPROVED!!

02.27.2014 - Received SMS from 2Go, ready for pick up

02.28.2014 - visa on hand; CFO sticker

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

03.06.2014 - POE Hawaii...Aloooohaaa! :)

04.10.2014 - 2yr green card received

Filed: Timeline

Gotcha.

Seems that I was a bit concerned about my own military records because it takes a while to get them along with other paperwork I know I've already submitted to USCIS for the I-130 which is already long ago approved.

Fees paid and sending in what I have then.

Glad for the response from you both.

You've my thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

- Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

- Original or Certified Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

Please read: http://travel.state..../info_3195.html for additional documents if applicable (such as petitioner documents in IR-5 cases or divorce/military records or proof of permanent residency, etc).

Also, read posts 1 and 2 here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478133-nvc-filers-february-2014/

Hi, may i know if the photocopy of these documents must be stamped and notarized by local people committee ??? do they need them in 2 languages such as your wife's language and your English???? I mean that if we have to translate them as well??? I have a folder of these documents copied already just copied them plus I'm Vietnamese so all my documents are in Vietnamese even our marriage cert....when we sent the I-130 package , we translated all and got notarized also. but i'm just wondering if they want it at the interview same as my I-130 package done ....

Hi, may i know if the photocopy of these documents must be stamped and notarized by local people committee ??? do they need them in 2 languages such as your wife's language and your English???? I mean that if we have to translate them as well??? I have a folder of these documents copied already just copied them plus I'm Vietnamese so all my documents are in Vietnamese even our marriage cert....when we sent the I-130 package , we translated all and got notarized also. but i'm just wondering if they want it at the interview same as my I-130 package done ....

Hi there, they need the original and just a regular photocopy, no need to be notarized. And if documents are not in english, they need to be translated and it should be certified by the translator. So i think u need to submit the original. Photocopy, and translation.

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi there, they need the original and just a regular photocopy, no need to be notarized. And if documents are not in english, they need to be translated and it should be certified by the translator. So i think u need to submit the original. Photocopy, and translation.

oh ok, thank you ;)

For Philippines is the police the NBI or do you need both clearances NBI and police ?

For Philippines is the police the NBI or do you need both clearances NBI and police ?

Just the NBI. It should be the green one.

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

Not all embassies require translations. This is embassy/consulate specific. The OP should check with their embassy as a translation may not be needed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.