2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am trying to respond to my RFE for abuse. I didn't submit any psychological evaluation at the beginning so they are asking for one now.

I contacted a few Marriage&Family therapists (with a lot of experience) lately, but none seem to know or able to perform the psychological evaluation for me. So question is, WHO can perform this evaluation or whatever its called.

The issue number 2. None of the therapists is familiar with VAWA. Anybody here has a sample of letter that you send to a doctor when you make initial contact? All of them are like: "Oh, no, I can't help you" when they hear word: Immigration.

Thanks in advance guys.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

a psychologist or psychiatrist cab perform psychological evaluation .He or she has to mention your background (before marriage),then after you got married have to describe onset of the problems, tests performed,diagnosis,treatment recommended , number of sessions .DOn't go to a place willing to do an evaluation after two hours of talking because it will be a bad evaluation, you need to attend minimum 5 therapy sessions and then get the evaluation .

The psychologist doesn't need to know about Vawa. He or she just needs to know how to perform the evaluation .I have samples that I can share,it was authorized by the patients,but I can't share with you ,just with the psychologist who will perform the evaluation ,he or she has to contact me by email.and then I can email her/him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Thanks Sandra.

So at least 5/6 sessions needed.

Is time frame also important? I mean I only have like one month left. Do you think its enough for psychologist to evaluate the patient?

Don't get me wrong, Sandra. I wasn't asking for a sample of evaluation. I was only asking for sample of a letter that you send to a doctor when you first contact him. I believe it should be more than just simple:

"Hi, my name is XXX and I want you to perform a psychological evaluation for me."

Edited by Dodgertown

Timeline

dodgertown you don't have to write any letter to ask a psychological evaluation,you just have to set up an appointment,see the psychologist and tell that you need to attend some therapy sessions, and you need a psychological evaluation,that is it.Most psychologists just set up one therapy session per week, you may get two, then in one month you will be fine.As i said before let the psychologist knows that you need MINIMUM 4/5 sessions.I saw so many people that went for one time appointment, and the evaluations were disgusting,to say the least.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Friends,

I would like to share my experiance for you as a case study which may help you a bit.

I have filed I-751 Aubse Waiver in Nov 2013 and got approval in May 2014 without any RFE and/or any Interview.

Here is my story:

I came to US for Masters and doing job in IT on H1b since last 4 years. I went to my country to see girls for my marriage suiters and got angaged with USC who happenes to be from my community. Everything went well and we got married in 2011. In 2011, I re-entered in USA with big dreams of new life on CR1. But I never thught that my life would be hell from day one living with my in-laws. My wife lied about her education qualification and she was extrem abusive. She was repeatedly threatened me to divorce me and revokign my GC if I don't bent on my knees. I could not able to contact my friends and family becuasue of her abusive and controlling behaviour. We stayed togather 2 months at her family house and during that she thrown me out on street two times in the snow during the christmas. I got shelter at my friends house and she used to called me back with emotional drama and I again reuinited. According to our culture bride goes with his guy after the marriage and I asked her and request to her parents as well to leave us separate but she never agreed because she wanted to take financial advantage to pay back the loan of her family house. She never realised my quality, education, capabiltiy and self-esteem. All she wanted was to treat me like slave that she could control and abuse for her family needs. I found job in 2 months and still she and her family were not happy and at last they thrown me out again from her house in midnight. I went to my friend's place again and started living by my self inviting my Mom immediatley from my country. We both were praying and crying to seek help in this troubled and nightmarish time but could not do much. I again went to her house to give her my hand and asked her to come with me but she insulted me saying that I have already file the divorce and now you have to go back to your country. On June 2012 I got divorce paper. I still did not gave up respecting the relation and loyality I kept trying my best way to open her eyes but she never realise. Till this point I did not knew that I have to file for ROC after 2years and hence i could not able to gather much evidence becuase I was going through most difficult time of my life. I thank full to God and my family, my friends and her neighbours because of them I managed to balance my self and concerntrate on my job. At the end, I contested the divorce which was finalized with my Extream cruelty ground by my US Spouse.

I filed my ROC I -751 petition based on abuse waiver in Nov 2013.

On June 5th I checked the status online and I got speechless...
it says "On June 2, 2014, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." Yahooo!! I could not relaise wheather it was system error or Am I dreaming till I received the Approval letter.

My strong part was that I was already in USA with good job and hold Master's from US university, second I went to my country for traditional marriage rather being AOS marrying in USA.

The biggest part of this journey was that I retained the lawyer but after contacting a beatuful lady - 'SANDRA' to whom I met her on this forum who guided and helped me throughout the filling process in such a way that I withdraw my lawyer who was not agreed with me to file based on Abuse instead he just wanted me to file simply file with Goodfaith wiaver which was not the case that I faced, I suffered and I paid a valualbe part of my life. SANDRA gave me inspiration, faith and in-depth guidence as I was direction less in that miserable time.

Here are my timelines:

I-751 NOA1 Receipt: Nov 07, 2013

Bimetric: Dec 19, 2013

NO RFE, NO INTEVIEW

Approved: May 22, 2014

Card Production: June 2, 2014

Heartly congratulations who got approvals and thowse who are waiting please don't loose faith you are next on the line it's just matter of few more days.

Please remember friends some one said, "There is always the light at the end of the every tonnel". If you are true and honest God is always there with you.

Regards and Best Wishes to all dear friends.

Timeline

shinningstar we did a good job together,LOL. I am perfectionist man.I always review/change/fix it 5,7,10 times the affidavit ,until I am sure 100% the case will be approved,but in your case I was expecting at least for you to attend interview,since you did not submit a single proof of commingling finances, and despite you came to CR1 you lived together in the US just two months.But I am sure we satisfied USCIS proving abuse and bonafide marriage.Congratulations my dear.Life is good now. See you in the picnic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Sandra!

I just sent my stuff out last week so I know it will be a long wait, and I'm sure this has been asked before but I know things change all the time so there really isn't a set time for these things so was wondering if you had heard from other who have filed this year...

How long does it generally take to get a receipt notice that USCIS got my stuff?

Also around how long does it take to get notice if fee waiver for I-485 & I-765 if it got approved or denied?

And the fee waiver has to be approved for EAD to be sent out right?

So do they do this first, approve or deny fee waiver to send out EAD or not, or will they take a look at the fee waiver only if the I-360 get approved and then if it gets approved send out EAD?

Also in your experience do cases that send fee waiver take longer then if paying?

Thanks,

Carguy with regards to the receipt notice it would take Atleast around 10 days and if your lucky after that you would receive prima facie if it's a prima facie established case.when did you submit your case?

Edited by Casper54

Timeline

Casper thanks for the info.

I just sent it last Wed 6/4 and tracking and signature confirmation show they got it on Sat 6/7 at like 3pm.

I know it's still early but was curios about that.

Also the prima facie is just for like getting public benefits right? Not really good for anything else right?

Timeline

Caruguy prima facie is just to apply for public benefits.Usually in 10days you will get the receipts,once you receive the receipt it means they accepted your fee waiver. There is no difference in the timeline if you pay or submit a fee waiver. Yep I had many cases filed in January and February 2014,and the cases were approved . After getting all receipts wait 30/60days in order to get the EAD,sometimes they issue in 15/20days .

Timeline

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it :) All I have to do now is wait and hope for the best!

Sandra so your saying that your cases from January and February 2014 have already been approved in these few months?

Compared to others people timelines that I have reading about seeing here that seems pretty fast!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.