2,976 posts in this topic

Adjustment to LPR status.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yup, once you told me about your arrest I knew that's what it was going to be for. No biggie. For the affidavit, can you post exactly word for word what USCIS is asking in the RFE letter.

" submit evidence of your good moral character evidence of good moral character is your own affidavit attesting to your good moral character and criminal istory if any

1) your affidavit should be supported by criminal history clearance or record from each place you reside for at least 6 month the 3- year period before filing this petition

2) if criminal history records police clearance or similar reports are not available for some or all locations you should submit an explanation and provide other evidence to support your affidavit

evidence may include affidavit from responsible person who can knowledgeable attest your good moral character"

this is my RFE Sandra posted Template for me

Thank her so much I also have my friend write me an affidavit

and also my case disposition

and my boss has a recommendation letter for me

What do you guys think its enough?

tank you all for help and support

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Sandra, do you know if there is a specific reason some vawa cases are being adjusticated within 2-3 months and some 12-16 months? I submitted all paper work on Jan 2013, receipt dated Feb 8, 2013. Prima Facie March, 2013. It seems I have all supported documantation including 2 police reports, 2 orders of protection, hospital record, psychological evaluation+treatment, proofs of bona fide marriage, my own affidevit and a lot more. And now is April 2014 and nothing... I submitted 2 service requests (no help), inquired Ombudsman about my case (no response yet). Is there any way they lost or missed my case? My lawyer seems to be knowledgeable, but she says I need to wait. I also sent a request for prima facie extension 3 weeks ago but did not get a response yet. Is there any way to speed the process. I understand I need to be patient but the waiting is killing me. Every day I wait for any case updates and check my phone for a message/e-mail update a million times a day. My grandma is very very sick now and I am so stressed now.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

ana-stas there is no explanation, and every time I inquired about some case they answered" the delay is due background check".I have cases filed over 16 months ago without adjudication.

I suggest you set up an appointment with infopass,go there to inquire about your case.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

Sandra, do you know if there is a specific reason some vawa cases are being adjusticated within 2-3 months and some 12-16 months? I submitted all paper work on Jan 2013, receipt dated Feb 8, 2013. Prima Facie March, 2013. It seems I have all supported documantation including 2 police reports, 2 orders of protection, hospital record, psychological evaluation+treatment, proofs of bona fide marriage, my own affidevit and a lot more. And now is April 2014 and nothing... I submitted 2 service requests (no help), inquired Ombudsman about my case (no response yet). Is there any way they lost or missed my case? My lawyer seems to be knowledgeable, but she says I need to wait. I also sent a request for prima facie extension 3 weeks ago but did not get a response yet. Is there any way to speed the process. I understand I need to be patient but the waiting is killing me. Every day I wait for any case updates and check my phone for a message/e-mail update a million times a day. My grandma is very very sick now and I am so stressed now.

Under what circumstances would a request to expedite the case be granted? Is there a template for this? Thank you.

Hi guys I am trying to help out a friend here .his vawa got approved 2 weeks abd he was packing up to leave and he found a arrest paper he was arrested for shoplifting in june 2012 the case was dismissed and he paid fine and did community service for one day he was charged with petit larceny dismiss acod now he submitted all three applications and put no for arrest he said he could not remember he was arrested. He call his attorney today and he said to him take the citificate of disposition to the interview .he's worried sick whats going to happen to him now .does anyone ever heard of any situation like this before or suggest what he can do now ?

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone am a new member i really find thi forum very informative. I have a approved vawa and it was transfer to the local office in Boston mass Feb 6 anyone knows Boston's timeline for interview thanks in advance

Hi everyone am a new member i really find thi forum very informative. I have a approved vawa and it was transfer to the local office in Boston mass Feb 6 anyone knows Boston's timeline for interview thanks in advance

When was ur vawa approved.

Adjustment to LPR status.

Thanks..I really appreciate ur help....But people at medicaid when I applied fro obamacare they did not understand my status and they said u should be either US citizen or green card holder fro at least 5 years...otherwise u have to purchase ur own insurance on ur expense although my income is so low..so what should I do?

I had biometric and medical and everything...just waiting for a letter for my interview...what about u?what is ur status?

When did you have your biometicrs? You said that

Any body still waiting for green card interview?I have been waiting since October 2013 when my case was transferred to NBC and after that nothing happened

our case was transferred to vermont month ago, since than nothing ((

and the ead is expring in may (((((

Edited by Jessy_L

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.