Christopherc

K1 visa married within 3 days of her arrival, now I have to go overseas.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had been to Ukraine six times for two weeks each time and on two trips to Istanbul, Turkey with her before she came to the USA. We had been talking online every day for over 4 years too. This has been a long process for us.

Does anyone know where she can get her vaccinations, is this done at a center or can it be done just about anywhere? Also, the biometrics, it appears this must be done in El Paso for us in Alamogordo, NM.

Chris

I had been to Ukraine six times for two weeks each time and on two trips to Istanbul, Turkey with her before she came to the USA. We had been talking online every day for over 4 years too. This has been a long process for us.

Does anyone know where she can get her vaccinations, is this done at a center or can it be done just about anywhere? Also, the biometrics, it appears this must be done in El Paso for us in Alamogordo, NM.

Chris

Why does she need vaccinations? Has it been over a year? Were hers incomplete during her medical exam?

Biometrics location will be specified in the instruction letter

Edited by DavenRoxy

Timeline

She doesn't need vacations, I was saying I visted her on vacation that many times over the past four years. I'm trying to get some answers to her before I leave, I won't file AOS until March, prior to her K1 being expired. She is very apprehensive about the biometrics, where it needs to be done so I'm trying to find some answers for her quickly before I leave.

Nothing was incomplete before she came to the USA last month, now I have the AOS coming when I will be out of country, leaving her behind in the USA.

Chris

Edited by Christopherc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Agree with Harpa. Why are you waiting to file for AOS? File now and then perhaps she will get her biometrics done before you leave and she will not have to worry about getting there on her own.

Check this post to see if her DS-3025 is good to go as is > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I leave in two weeks, as far as I know, there is not enough time for me to get the biometrics done now, I don't know where to go or anything about it yet. Reason for waiting is money, I already spent a lot of money in the last month, I prefer to have emergency money in hand and wait to do AOS when it is getting close to her K1 visa expiring.

She doesn't need vacations, I was saying I visted her on vacation that many times over the past four years. I'm trying to get some answers to her before I leave, I won't file AOS until March, prior to her K1 being expired. She is very apprehensive about the biometrics, where it needs to be done so I'm trying to find some answers for her quickly before I leave.

Nothing was incomplete before she came to the USA last month, now I have the AOS coming when I will be out of country, leaving her behind in the USA.

Chris

I said VACCINATIONS, not vacations. She shouldn't need any if she was cleared to enter the US.

Her K1 expired the day she entered. I-94 expires at 90 days. But none of that matters, you should file for AOS ASAP so hopefully she has a NOA prior to your departure.

I leave in two weeks, as far as I know, there is not enough time for me to get the biometrics done now, I don't know where to go or anything about it yet. Reason for waiting is money, I already spent a lot of money in the last month, I prefer to have emergency money in hand and wait to do AOS when it is getting close to her K1 visa expiring.

You won't get a biometrics appt until after you file AOS. And said appt letter can take months. If you have to wait due to money, so be it. File when you can. As soon as her NOA arrives, she needs to carry that as well as her passport and she will be fine.

The biometrics and interview can be dealt with, IF they are required, and IF they happen before you get back.

Lately AOS has been taking 6-12 months.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Timeline

Well, after you file it typically takes about a month before the biometrics appointment. She will need to be able to get there. Biometrics are always required,

Not all AOS cases are taking that long to approve. Some that are getting interviews are still getting approved in about 4-5 months. The ones that are taking longer are those that are being approved without interview. If you get an interview, it also depends on how backed up your local USCIS office is as to how fast you get scheduled for one.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Well, after you file it typically takes about a month before the biometrics appointment. She will need to be able to get there. Biometrics are always required,

Not all AOS cases are taking that long to approve. Some that are getting interviews are still getting approved in about 4-5 months. The ones that are taking longer are those that are being approved without interview. If you get an interview, it also depends on how backed up your local USCIS office is as to how fast you get scheduled for one.

I am most familiar with Philippine immigrant cases, and it seems the past year has seen a longer wait time has been the norm. When we filed in April of 2012, we didn't do Bio thing until the end of June. And from my reading, most have been waiting longer this past year. But I'm sure you have seen more cases than just the ones in the PI forum. I hope you're right (though it might benefit Christopher if the process went long so he could get back home).

OK, then no worries about any of this, thanks for the help, any other advice offered welcome.

Chris

As I said above, I think you should file for AOS ASAP. While it's true she SHOULDN'T have any problems from CBP, any problems she may encounter would only be made worse by your not being here to help her. Apply, and if they call her for biometrics, perhaps a local friend can assist her. You can look here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC to locate the closest place you might expect a bio appt. Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to have an ASC close by. Looking at a map, it APPEARS El Paso is the closest biometrics location. Good news!

Good luck with this. I know it can seem scary on this side, but in two years, you will probably look back and laugh. I'd also search the member database, you might find another VJ member who lives close who can proved better info or maybe even help her get where she needs to in your absence.

Timeline

I am most familiar with Philippine immigrant cases, and it seems the past year has seen a longer wait time has been the norm. When we filed in April of 2012, we didn't do Bio thing until the end of June. And from my reading, most have been waiting longer this past year. But I'm sure you have seen more cases than just the ones in the PI forum. I hope you're right (though it might benefit Christopher if the process went long so he could get back home).

You can check the timeline threads in the Progress Reports forum. There are several that filed in Oct. that have already had their interviews, so that is only 3 months. I have seen some that did not get an interview and were approved in less than 6 months as well.

Most people do not want the process to be slow, but in this case, I hope they do not get an interview, or that it takes their case long enough to process so the OP can be back home first.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

we got green card in Oct.. no interview.. just biometrics.. waited.. and BAM.. it showed up..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

as stated.. thru checkpoints in south texas.. she had her passport.. we had cert. copy of marriage license.. it was pretty quick..

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.